Latest Guest Announcement - ROBERT ENGLUND

Same here I'm not booking anything for any events announced for next year until for certain. I've had about ten gigs postponed until next year and I still don't know I can attend due to work commitments. I can understand Showmasters not wanting to refund but some people may be in need of the money due to losing their jobs etc.

I am with Spacecadet is here and Iceman71 on this one. My wife was gutted that she missed Robert in make up a few years ago- this would make the perfect Christmas present for her. The thing is though that this is the only photograph she would want. If the shoot doesn't happen for some reason she is going to be left with vouchers she won't use.

Edited by Anorak

• 6 months later...
  • Moderators
On 10/12/2020 at 6:45 PM, Raylenth said:

The facebook team have said the boiler room and make up shoots will be on Saturday

Yes, Robert is scheduled to be in makeup on Saturday.

I have a question regarding autographs. I've noticed with most Diamond Passes that get a priority in the queue and it's worded "guarantee in person" autograph. This doesn't appear with Robert Englund.

Whilst there's no "guarantee" does the Diamond Pass at least give a priority in the queue or will it be a case of EVERYONE will need a virtual ticket.

On a similar topic, can it's be clarified as to what the VIP Meet and Greet is please? I've seen these sold across various different conventions and the details of these can vary. Will it be an intimate meeting with selfies only? Or would autographs be included as well? Some clarity would be appreciated.

23 hours ago, LSM said:

I have a question regarding autographs. I've noticed with most Diamond Passes that get a priority in the queue and it's worded "guarantee in person" autograph. This doesn't appear with Robert Englund.

Whilst there's no "guarantee" does the Diamond Pass at least give a priority in the queue or will it be a case of EVERYONE will need a virtual ticket.

On a similar topic, can it's be clarified as to what the VIP Meet and Greet is please? I've seen these sold across various different conventions and the details of these can vary. Will it be an intimate meeting with selfies only? Or would autographs be included as well? Some clarity would be appreciated.

It might be better asking on their socials as I really doubt you will get an answer here.  IIRC the assumption was that because he's doing the make up shoot and as experience has shown them it takes ages to get him ready for it, even with the DP they can't guarantee auto's for him, so they are doing pre signed only as part of the package.  I would guess therefore that if he is doing at desk auto's, your DP won't give you priority as it's not included in the terms.  I would imagine if you want an at table auto with him, you will need a VQ and hope you get through.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, I'm relatively new to going to Comic Con, which is further more daunting due to Covid. so please forgive me if things have been posted already.

I was just wondering if Robert is in the FULL Freddy outfit for the photoshoot. For me, the black t-shirt just doesn't seem right, especially as its a lot of ££ for many of us. Thats not putting a negative on things, but yeah, it is maybe kinda fussy. But its Robert Englund as Freddy!! Its gotta look the full deal for me!! :)

Also, due to Covid, I was wondering if/when we may know how close we can stand next to Robert in the photo shoot?

Will seem kinda strange if we're to metres apart. Though there are ways to make it cool still.

Thanks folks.

1 hour ago, JackTorrence said:

Hi there, I'm relatively new to going to Comic Con, which is further more daunting due to Covid. so please forgive me if things have been posted already.

I was just wondering if Robert is in the FULL Freddy outfit for the photoshoot. For me, the black t-shirt just doesn't seem right, especially as its a lot of ££ for many of us. Thats not putting a negative on things, but yeah, it is maybe kinda fussy. But its Robert Englund as Freddy!! Its gotta look the full deal for me!! :)

Also, due to Covid, I was wondering if/when we may know how close we can stand next to Robert in the photo shoot?

Will seem kinda strange if we're to metres apart. Though there are ways to make it cool still.

Thanks folks.

What will happen with the actual shoot we don't know I'm afraid.  Showmasters haven't said what they will be doing and until they do it's guess work.  My guess is that if the restrictions do get lifted as planned and there are no legal restrictions any more it'll probably come down to what the guests are comfortable with.

With regards to what he will be wearing, it does say in the announcement that he will be in make up and costume.

Edited by Raylenth

Thanks loads.

I'm holding off until there is an announcement of some kind. Its a concern if the June 21st normaising date gets pushed back.

I may be wrong here, but I think they may have said he was in full costume the last time he did it... But he ended up wearing the black T shirt. I hope they can clarify this too some point very soon.

1 hour ago, JackTorrence said:

Thanks loads.

I'm holding off until there is an announcement of some kind. Its a concern if the June 21st normaising date gets pushed back.

I may be wrong here, but I think they may have said he was in full costume the last time he did it... But he ended up wearing the black T shirt. I hope they can clarify this too some point very soon.

It's worth noting as well if you haven't bought entry, that the Costume shoot is on Saturday which is now sold out.

10 minutes ago, Great-wizard said:

Hi. I was also wondering if Robert is still definitely attending the event as LFCC no longer shows on the list of scheduled appearances on Roberts website. Thanks 

With conventions nothing is ever guaranteed until you actually see the guest in the building. With Covid still going on, we can be even less sure. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Great-wizard said:

Hi. I was also wondering if Robert is still definitely attending the event as LFCC no longer shows on the list of scheduled appearances on Roberts website. Thanks 

As the bear said.  But ultimately if he's not attending we have to wait for Showmasters to officially confirm it.

4 hours ago, JackTorrence said:

Damn. You mean basically I'm screwed? :(

If you didn't have a Saturday ticket already, then yeah for the costume shoot, but if he is attending he will be there other days.

• Moderators
On 6/6/2021 at 6:15 PM, JackTorrence said:

Thanks folks.

Hey, Jack. 

Robert is currently scheduled to be in makeup and costume on Saturday for his photoshoots. 

We are not going to be able to confirm the restrictions until closer to the time, in order to ensure it’s based on the most current Public Health and governmental guidelines and restrictions. 

Follow London Film and Comic Con on Facebook to ensure you see the information regarding the requirements for the event. 

Hi, I need some advice.

I booked the Robert Englund makeup photoshoot last year, but forgot to buy an entrance ticket. The Saturday was announced as sold out (without any low ticket warnings at all ), which resulted in many of us stuck with a £100+ photoshoot ticket and no entrance ticket to attend it. 

I'm no newbie here and have attended for many years, so this was a simple forgotten mistake. With that said, Showmasters replied to several people on Facebook to email for assistance, which suggests there was a potential solution in hand. I sent an email that very same day, however, it's been nearly 2 weeks and still no reply (only the initial "high volume of enquiries" automated email the same day). 

So today we have learnt that the event has been postponed to November, so will someone still get back to me? I know it's early days yet, but will there be more tickets released if people can't attend the new date? 

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Graphic_Delusions said:

Hi, I need some advice.

I booked the Robert Englund makeup photoshoot last year, but forgot to buy an entrance ticket. The Saturday was announced as sold out (without any low ticket warnings at all ), which resulted in many of us stuck with a £100+ photoshoot ticket and no entrance ticket to attend it. 

I'm no newbie here and have attended for many years, so this was a simple forgotten mistake. With that said, Showmasters replied to several people on Facebook to email for assistance, which suggests there was a potential solution in hand. I sent an email that very same day, however, it's been nearly 2 weeks and still no reply (only the initial "high volume of enquiries" automated email the same day). 

So today we have learnt that the event has been postponed to November, so will someone still get back to me? I know it's early days yet, but will there be more tickets released if people can't attend the new date? 

Thanks

All I can say is that I think they are going to be inundated for a good while now especially as it's clashing with another big event so the volume of emails they get are going to be even higher as people try and sort their schedules out.

I'd say the good thing is though that there's a lot more time to sort this out for you now.  Technically your Robert ticket has rolled over if he attends.  If they put more entry on you can buy one and be OK, and if not you will have to ask for credit for your Robert tickets.  Hopefully they will update the site to the new dates and info soon and we will know one way or another

17 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

I must admit I’d overlooked the new dates when seeing the reschedule, and a possible clash, so that’s another con whose name has a non England country name in it?

Indeed.  Showmasters did have the date booked first as Winter was obviously originally booked for then a while ago, and it was the others who announced second.  Unfortunately there will be clashes as I think there's a 3way one the weekend before for Destination Star Trek as well.

13 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Indeed.  Showmasters did have the date booked first as Winter was obviously originally booked for then a while ago, and it was the others who announced second.  Unfortunately there will be clashes as I think there's a 3way one the weekend before for Destination Star Trek as well.

I have a friend probably going to the other one that weekend, so I'm sure we may double up and I'll get graphs for him from LFCC and him from the other one for me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 6/7/2021 at 2:54 PM, Great-wizard said:

It was never removed from the homepage of his website. 

• Moderators
On 6/14/2021 at 7:22 PM, Graphic_Delusions said:

Hi, I need some advice.

Thanks

The office team has such a large volume of emails that it’s impossible to answer all of them as quickly as they want to. They will respond when they get to it, however. 

• Like 1