Official Update - 12/10/2020

DavidB

• Moderators

Hi everyone, 

We hope you are all doing well and managed to keep yourself safe over the past 8 months, we have really missed seeing you as this is not just a job for us it is our lives. We would also like to thank you for all the wonderful messages of support we have received over these months.  You are the best!

Following the most recent updates from the government and reviewing our plans with the venue and the guests we have taken the decision to further postpone The London Film & Comic Con that was due to take place in November 2020 (Previously July 2020).

In addition, after long thought and thorough discussions we are also going to skip our London Comic Con Spring (due to take place February 2021) as we feel at this time there will be complications in bringing you the US guests. Even if a vaccine is in production by then it will take time to administer and there will still be little or no run in time that is needed to deliver large events like our Comic Cons and give you the events that you have come to expect from us. 

Therefore, we will have LFCC and YALC to look forward to on 23-25th July 2021.

Showmasters Events have been through difficult times before such as recessions and volcanic ash issues so we knew we had to get on top of everything fast when things first got locked down. We are in a good way with our venues where they are working with us, as they want to carry on with the events as soon as we can. Our guests are also so eager to join us as soon as we are out the other side of the pandemic so when things are ready to go live again we are also ready. All our staff are fine and well, some are allocated to other projects and the others are talking to new guests and agents ready for the when the first shows start up. We have had overwhelming interest from agents who want to get their guests into the first shows, so it’s going to be great as soon as we do get to the point where we can get going again.

We know that these are uncertain times but we wanted to let you all know that Showmasters Events, Massive Events and our sister companies are all in great shape ready to start up again when we have the go-ahead and it’s safe to do so.  In a way, all the time we have had over the pandemic has given us the chance to make new contacts and get more new guests interested in attending our events so we feel 2021 could be one of our best years for meeting guests yet (more info on this to follow soon). Our aim is always to deliver well run, fun events with the high calibre of guests you know us for.

All tickets already purchased for LFCC 2020 will be valid for the new July 2021 dates so there is no further action needed to be taken on your part. If you cannot make the new dates then if you email shop@showmastersevents.com  you will be issued a digital voucher that can be used at any Showmasters event, any time up to two years of issue. 

We are very grateful for your help in supporting the events in this way we all love so we don’t have to rebuild them up slowly over several years like we had to in the past. By leaving the funds with us it ensures that we have the budgets to bring you the massive guests that we all want to meet and to keep the guest line up we already have in place for the next event. You, the fans, are able to help keep the comic con future safe and strong by supporting us in this way, so thank you all for this. Anyone that is able to support us in this way will also be remembered at the events when using the transferred tickets or using your voucher as it will have been you that have has helped in this way, so watch out for a few cool thankyous that we have planned in 2021. 

Once again thank you for your help, support and trust and we will never let you down. We are all fans here and we are just looking forward to the day where you’re all with us again in person and we can come together to enjoy what we all love; Be one family of fans enjoying life and the world of comic cons together again. We want you to all stay safe and to take care of yourself and your loved ones and we will see you soon.

We will be announcing our guest line up for July 2021 over the coming weeks and are looking into the majority of the guests from the postponed events already announced being reconfirmed as they want to meet you all. In addition, more will be confirmed as soon as we have signed contracts. We want to bring you some fab experiences to make up for the lack of them in 2020 so please watch this space. We promise they are exciting.

Thank you everyone
Jason and the entire Showmasters family

• Like 2

On 10/12/2020 at 5:32 PM, Spacecadet is here said:

Why Vouchers? Why cant Refunds be given.... Not good :no:

I’m sure most people would be happy to accept vouchers, but there will be plenty of others who will be reluctant to attend a crowded indoor event like this for quite some time to come and I think they should be offered refunds.

I presume refunds will still be offered for the diamond passes and photoshoots for those guests who aren’t reconfirmed for next July?

Edited by yellowmarlin

29 minutes ago, yellowmarlin said:

I presume refunds will still be offered for the diamond passes and photoshoots for those guests who aren’t reconfirmed for next July?

That's an interesting one - they haven't replied as far as I have seen by the way, but I'd say the terms dictate what will happen.  Entry tickets are one thing, by postponing the event instead of cancelling they can do the voucher thing, but the terms for guest related sales are a bit more specific.  If the guest can't attend the new dates then they will have to be confirmed as cancelled I guess, and the DP and presumably also the photo tickets say:

The Small Print:
We reserve the right to refuse entry into any area of our show. If for any reason we have to cancel a photo shoot due to guest cancellations a full refund will be issued for the ticket specific to that guest.

Now where it could get tricky is if they say a guest can't attend Summer 2021 but they have postponed their appearance to Spring/Summer 2022........but I guess we just have to see what they say when guests are confirmed as not being able to do the new dates.

I’d say that their best option was to offer a refund but ask people to consider accepting a voucher instead. I’m sure most of us are flexible enough to do so, if able. Hell, if I’m willing to help out easyJet with their cash flow crisis, I’d definitely do so for a company like Showmasters.

• Like 5

They have said that they have a lot of money tied up in hotels and flights for guests. Most likely they are doing deals with those companies to move them to new dates. Keeping that in mind, it means that Showmasters themselves don't actually have the cash to be able to refund everyone if they offered it. The vouchers allow them to basically keep the company going at a time where a lot of companies are having to close because of the virus and lack of income. They have had some cash coming in from the autograph sales, but this probably isn't even close to what they would make from a regular year with cons.

• Like 4

A day or two before the announcement I enquired about a refund in the form of a voucher which I preferred. I only received a voucher for the entry ticket and not photoshoot, I enquired again but no response, not sure if that's meant to be the case?

On 10/15/2020 at 5:46 PM, Wrong Name said:

They have said that they have a lot of money tied up in hotels and flights for guests. Most likely they are doing deals with those companies to move them to new dates. Keeping that in mind, it means that Showmasters themselves don't actually have the cash to be able to refund everyone if they offered it. The vouchers allow them to basically keep the company going at a time where a lot of companies are having to close because of the virus and lack of income. They have had some cash coming in from the autograph sales, but this probably isn't even close to what they would make from a regular year with cons.

They’ll going to face a problem next year that’s normally laughed away. 

every year when a guest pulls out someone will say I was only going for them, I won’t go so I want my entry ticket refunded. 

no can do, you booked that for the event, not the guest. 

this time there’s a comeback - no I booked for 2020, not 2021. I’ll have my refund. 

since you can literally decide on the day, they’ve given far more power back to the customer. 

Edited by TerraHawk
  • Like 1