Face mask at November London coming con

Dancol

I realise things can and are changing at short notice but do we have a preliminary plan for face masks at the event?

My concern is having to wear a face mask for the photo shoot. Anyone have any ideas please?

Edited by Dancol
Spelling

1 hour ago, Dancol said:

I realise things can and are changing at short notice but do we have a preliminary plan for face masks at the event?

My concern is having to wear a face mask for the photo shoot. Anyone have any ideas please?

Hi Dancol. Probably too early to say at this stage as we won't know what restrictions will be in place. 

Other possible options for the photo sessions would be prop shoots giving a natural gap between you and the guest. One example in the past has been a TARDIS console. Alternatively there may be a perspex screen between you and guest which would not be visible on the actual photo. 

If for any reason you did have to wear a mask there are some fun ones out there. Would make a good story to tell in the future :lol:

Truth is we just don't know yet. :smile:

10 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Alternatively there may be a perspex screen between you and guest which would not be visible on the actual photo. 

Well, I will just add a caution to this bit as it depends on how well it's done.  I've seen photo's of a shoot at a recent US con that had a screen and it was very visible.  But as PCF says unfortunately we don't know.  Showmasters did say they had a plan for the shoot which they would test run and would share with us but that hasn't happened.  Unfortunately we will only know when they make an official statement about it, and they aren't going to comment unless it's in an official statement.

• 1 month later...
On 8/16/2020 at 11:53 AM, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Hi Dancol. Probably too early to say at this stage as we won't know what restrictions will be in place. 

Other possible options for the photo sessions would be prop shoots giving a natural gap between you and the guest. One example in the past has been a TARDIS console. Alternatively there may be a perspex screen between you and guest which would not be visible on the actual photo. 

If for any reason you did have to wear a mask there are some fun ones out there. Would make a good story to tell in the future :lol:

Truth is we just don't know yet. :smile:

That maybe so for Photoshoots, but what about autographs, you think they will have perspex glass, or will it be like at shops where you have fan go up to table and guest walking backwards, then fan walking back a bit, like it was a weird new "con dance" 

2 hours ago, CrazyHorses said:

That maybe so for Photoshoots, but what about autographs, you think they will have perspex glass, or will it be like at shops where you have fan go up to table and guest walking backwards, then fan walking back a bit, like it was a weird new "con dance" 

Beginning to look more likely that we'll never know their plans as I doubt very much this event is going ahead sadly.