Pre Orders

homerj

25 minutes ago, homerj said:

Hi

My brother is trying to get hold of the pre orders team regarding refunds. He has left several messages but hasn't had a reply since May. Can anyone help please.

Thanks

Not sure now, there's no active mods that I've seen I'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply but getting slightly frustrated now. Lots of people buying items off Facebook and Ebay and yet my brother is still waiting for refunds from March. He has emailed again but no reply.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, homerj said:

Thanks for the reply Raylenth. Where do we go from here? Brother is still waiting for refunds and pictures - no replies. He is not on any social media. How does he get his money back?

This is not good? I'm no Legal adviser and at the moment there are No mods on here, My guess is SM is not replying to you as you are not the one who made the purchase. Companies won't speak to anyone unless it was the person who bought the items... Get your brother to join Facebook so he can send them a message, with Reference numbers etc, He can always delete his account once things have been sorted, Failing that go on the LFCC main web site into the Pre orders page and look for the current Email address and send message... Remember it must be your brother who does this as he was the one who paid... Also if he paid by Pay pal or Credit Card, I would look at raising a Dispute... Failing all this if you have done this, then it would be a trip to the Citizen advice. Remember any thing you do it must be your brother who bought the items making the Claim.. Sending in messages like my brother hasn't etc will not be looked out by any company, Never leave things to drag on and on as it gets harder to get anything, always escalate if nothing is done.  Hope this helps and good luck... 

• 1 month later...

I used to be a huge apologist for Showmasters, but not anymore.

I'm having the same problem. I've been waiting on the return of three posters since last Summer. Initially I'd get replies, saying it'll be done tomorrow, it'll be done next week then nothing. I was also waiting on a refund.I did eventually get that but it took the best part of a year.

Out of the three posters, one has now been sent back. I emailed them again asking about the other two, and no reply. It's bizarre. I'm so bemused by the horrendous service and rudeness that I find it hard to be angry. What happened to you Showmasters? 

9 hours ago, mckee74 said:

I used to be a huge apologist for Showmasters, but not anymore.

I'm having the same problem. I've been waiting on the return of three posters since last Summer. Initially I'd get replies, saying it'll be done tomorrow, it'll be done next week then nothing. I was also waiting on a refund.I did eventually get that but it took the best part of a year.

Out of the three posters, one has now been sent back. I emailed them again asking about the other two, and no reply. It's bizarre. I'm so bemused by the horrendous service and rudeness that I find it hard to be angry. What happened to you Showmasters? 

I'd argue that the send in service is a different branch but when they are operating under the same name there's still responsibility there.

Just now, mckee74 said:

Ergh, you email Showmasters and you get Jason. You email Showmasters Sales, and you get Jason.

Or at least you would if he (or anyone else) replied.

I might be wrong, but I think there are 2 Jasons so you aren't mailing the same person through 2 different emails.

9 minutes ago, Disneymaniacus said:

I might be wrong, but I think there are 2 Jasons so you aren't mailing the same person through 2 different emails.

Thanks pal, but no it is the same Jason who used to reply to my emails. As I say, this has been going on for over a year. Thank you though. 

Edit. Interesting point though, as say for arguments sake it was two people then that makes it even worse. They ignore you on social media. The telephone number gives a horrible pre-recorded message which hasn't changed in a very, very long time. It's just bizarre. 

Edited by mckee74

Right, as I say, my emails.

Either way, even just considering this thread, we're three months since the OP made this topic. Three months of Showmasters being labelled as basically thieves, and no acknowledgement. That tells you how much they care these days.

I did wonder if it was just me having "issues", and seems I have my answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh, Showmasters. So oddly, after my posting (and I'm sure it was just a coincidence) I got a reply stating my posters were on the way.

Fast forward a week. Nothing received, and they're back to ignoring my emails again. Normal service is resumed. 

• 3 weeks later...

In case anyone is curious, it continues. Started to get replies again after a few chases. My tube is posted. I pick it up from the delivery office, open it with excitement to see two posters inside.

The first is my Game of Thrones poster. Huzzah.

The second, another Game of Thrones poster which doesn't belong to me.

You couldn't make this up. 

I've messaged again asking where my poster is, and hoping to find out who is seemingly missing a poster.

• Sad 1

On 11/15/2020 at 4:27 PM, mckee74 said:

And no reply. Bad enough that they don't bother about sending me my items, but it's even worse that they clearly don't bother about the other persons item.

Trust Showmasters with your items?

Was your friend's poster 'better' that the one you received i.e. more signatures on it? My completely baseless speculation is that they sent your friend's poster to the person whose poster you now have, and that person kept it. SM's fault, but very difficult for them to fix. 

As for the trusting SM with personal items bit, it seems like they get 99.whatever% of items back safely (made up statistics alert). Personally I don't think I'd risk it with SM or anybody else if it was one of my posters that I'd truly be upset about losing. 

37 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Was your friend's poster 'better' that the one you received i.e. more signatures on it? My completely baseless speculation is that they sent your friend's poster to the person whose poster you now have, and that person kept it. SM's fault, but very difficult for them to fix. 

As for the trusting SM with personal items bit, it seems like they get 99.whatever% of items back safely (made up statistics alert). Personally I don't think I'd risk it with SM or anybody else if it was one of my posters that I'd truly be upset about losing. 

I've always said, most of the time it's fine, but when it goes wrong they are terrible. 

And yes I agree, for any organiser I'd think hard before sending a multi signed off.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't been on here a while.

Sadly, the "other" poster isn't better. Far less signatures, and oddly some signatures done twice! Again showing the real care.

Alas, still waiting. Still had nothing further from Showmasters. It's weird as my trust was 100%, they'd help me with several multi signed posters over the years - including (with hindsight now) a rather priceless Star Wars poster - but now, having waited since Summer 2019, I find my trust is rather dead. Just bizarre. The fact that SM hasn't even replied on this thread to acknowledge the issues (let alone defend themselves) is somewhat telling.

5 hours ago, mckee74 said:

Haven't been on here a while.

Sadly, the "other" poster isn't better. Far less signatures, and oddly some signatures done twice! Again showing the real care.

Alas, still waiting. Still had nothing further from Showmasters. It's weird as my trust was 100%, they'd help me with several multi signed posters over the years - including (with hindsight now) a rather priceless Star Wars poster - but now, having waited since Summer 2019, I find my trust is rather dead. Just bizarre. The fact that SM hasn't even replied on this thread to acknowledge the issues (let alone defend themselves) is somewhat telling.

I don't think anyone from SM is particularly reading anything on here since the mods all left.