General Chat

• Moderators
On 6/14/2021 at 7:33 PM, scifisteve said:

and then what, You can get your money back ?

After the expiry of the vouchers, any unused credit will be eligible for a cash refund, based on policies at the moment. 

What are the rules for reimbursing photo shoot tickets I'd booked photo shoots in 2019 for the 2020 event. I've been reimbursed my entry tickets as I cannot attend this years event but had nothing back for the photo shoots I'd booked.

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, mark worton said:

What are the rules for reimbursing photo shoot tickets I'd booked photo shoots in 2019 for the 2020 event. I've been reimbursed my entry tickets as I cannot attend this years event but had nothing back for the photo shoots I'd booked.

Please email shop@showmastersevents.com and they'll be able to advise re: refund requests. They're currently receiving a large volume of emails, so responses are taking longer than usual. 

Thanks. 

Hi, sorry if there is a more appropriate place to post a question like this but I am looking for some advice on what sort of pen to use for autographs and I’m hoping someone on here would be able to help. 
I recently bought a black series stormtrooper helmet and am hoping to get it signed by a few people at LFCC. The trouble is I tried a sharpie on a discreet part of it and it rubbed straight off, is there a pen that I can use that stays permanent on a surface such as a stormtrooper helmet? Thanks 

1 hour ago, WilfMott said:

Hi, sorry if there is a more appropriate place to post a question like this but I am looking for some advice on what sort of pen to use for autographs and I’m hoping someone on here would be able to help. 
I recently bought a black series stormtrooper helmet and am hoping to get it signed by a few people at LFCC. The trouble is I tried a sharpie on a discreet part of it and it rubbed straight off, is there a pen that I can use that stays permanent on a surface such as a stormtrooper helmet? Thanks 

A paint pen maybe?  Posca are generally quite good, but I'd suggest testing it as well if you can.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WilfMott said:

Great thanks, I’ll order some and test it well in advance 

With paint pens just be sure to follow the instructions and try it out on some paper or something first. They can make a mess if you don't 'prime' them first, and you don't want to end up with a splurge all over your helmet, hands or carpet.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, natedammit said:

With paint pens just be sure to follow the instructions and try it out on some paper or something first. They can make a mess if you don't 'prime' them first, and you don't want to end up with a splurge all over your helmet, hands or carpet.

Or on your Defenders poster which was already ruined anyway and was ruined after as well :whistling::lol:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, natedammit said:

I may have ruined it in the first place, but at least I didn't splurge all over it.

That is true, you did not.  And it wasn't your fault the silly guest couldn't read.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to make people aware my friend has received this e-mail this evening and make sure people haven't been receiving this in error, please contact sm if anyone has:

Hi

Thank you for booking photo and talk activities at London Film & Comic Con taking place on the weekend of 19th, 20th and 21st November 2021. We are very excited to be getting back to in person events and seeing you all again very soon.

We have noticed that you have purchased your activity tickets but do not have an entry ticket assigned to this email address. Diamond passes, photo shoots and talk tickets do not include entry to the event so you will need an additional entry ticket to be able to access the show floor and redeem the activity tickets. If you already have this under a different email account, then that is perfect and you do not need to take any further action. If you do not yet have an entry ticket, then you will need to visit the online shop to purchase one that corresponds to the day your activity takes place.

We had initially thought that we could not accommodate any more entry tickets for the Saturday of the event but after review we are in a position to release a limited number of additional tickets. As a customer with activities already booked, we wanted to give you the heads up so you can arrange booking one of these limited tickets to facilitate your visit to the event.

Tickets will go on sale tomorrow at 7pm on 29th September via Eventbrite. These will be sold on a first come basis so please be ready if you wish to add these to your order.

Once again thank you for supporting us and the event

Luckily, he's had a swift response saying his entry ticket bought well over a year ago is still valid but he did re-buy some of his photoshoots under paypal a couple of weeks ago which may have generated this e-mail as he got refund vouchers for the days he was unable to attend but now circies have changed allowing him to attend

16 hours ago, Geoff K said:

Would like to go Saturday for Anna-Louise Plowman, Ashley Walters and Nick Frost, but I don't know if any of them are still attending. Anyone have any info if they might be otherwise engaged?

As far as I'm aware Nick hasn't reconfirmed yet.

Hi guys. I couldn’t find an answer to my question by browsing the forum ...

For a saturday diamond pass pickup, is it possible on friday?
Also my son can only be there later. Can i pick up his diamond pass and if yes do i need his ID card or a copy of it .. as he needs the actual ID for his flight. 

On 10/3/2021 at 5:24 PM, mosco said:

Hi guys. I couldn’t find an answer to my question by browsing the forum ...

For a saturday diamond pass pickup, is it possible on friday?
Also my son can only be there later. Can i pick up his diamond pass and if yes do i need his ID card or a copy of it .. as he needs the actual ID for his flight. 

In the past you have been able to pick you DP's up on other days so that should be fine, as for picking up your son's, possibly not, but I'd say you need to email and ask them that.  I know it's been discussed in the past and it might be possible if your son emails to give them permission to give it to you, but again, you need to contact SM to ask that directly