General Chat

16 hours ago, posey1234 said:

Only problem with the variant keep mutating

The good thing is that I think they are saying the vaccine works well against it so hopefully it will against any others that form as well.

12 hours ago, Mayhem said:

Really only if you’ve had both doses. And not even half the adult population has had both doses so far.

Even IF you've had both doses or the one shot dose, you're still not immune technically, it's only sixty percent for AstraZenica and 88% for Pfizer and that's from the news, you can catch COVID19 but you won't suffer the effects, however you will still be able to be a carrier. My problem is, is that it's getting more and more symptomatic via the new Indian variant and I have a gut feeling that if people haven't had their 2nd shot or gone for the newer 1 shot dose, it's gonna have more cases than what we had before...but, there's the thing, I COULD be wrong, I could be totally wrong!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Namine said:

Even IF you've had both doses or the one shot dose, you're still not immune technically, it's only sixty percent for AstraZenica and 88% for Pfizer and that's from the news, you can catch COVID19 but you won't suffer the effects, however you will still be able to be a carrier. My problem is, is that it's getting more and more symptomatic via the new Indian variant and I have a gut feeling that if people haven't had their 2nd shot or gone for the newer 1 shot dose, it's gonna have more cases than what we had before...but, there's the thing, I COULD be wrong, I could be totally wrong!

Thats the only prob mate hopefully you are wrong but you might not be thats the only problem let alone theres a new varient a vietemenese one now aswell wish it would just bugger off now and stop mutating already

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ninjawolf000 said:

So do we know if this event is happening?

Showmasters are saying that it is. Things could change depending on what the government do at the end of the month, but assuming things go as have been announced then there’s a good chance it will. Unfortunately it’s hard right now to know exactly what will happen.

On 5/30/2021 at 9:55 PM, Namine said:

The first part of the first sentence and much of the rest is definitely correct. The evidence right now that having the vaccine doesn't completely prevent you from transmitting Covid if you have it but it does significantly reduce the transmission probability. The immune rate for AZ after two doses is way higher than 60%, new research suggests the 12 week wait serendipitously was the better option, and two doses can be actually in the 80-90% range. Higher than that if you wait 6 months, but who's going to do that?!

I just want to point out that my comment originally was in direct response to the Indian variant aspect, and that right now only those people with both doses can consider themselves relatively protected against that variant as you surmise in your final sentence. Anyone with none or just one jab should still be very cautious. This is why I was mentioning it in regards to the timing of LFCC (in 7 weeks now) and what state the vaccine rollout will be by that point given the increasing number of cases via the Indian variant. Let alone this new Vietnam one. There still be a proportion of potential attendees, especially those under 30, without both jabs. I won't be getting my second jab for example until a few days before the show and I'm in the higher end of the 40s age bracket.

20 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

That's a shame, I never got my tickets either. Surely the event has to be running at a reduced capacity after all, for it to sell out this early.

All the carry over tickets from last year?

• Like 1

I must say I'm surprised that Saturday has sold out this early, considering that the June 21st date for relaxing restrictions is still not absolutely certain, especially with the new Indian variant. Will the guests based overseas be willing to come over here if the Indian variant continues to be a problem? Should any event of this magnitude be going ahead in that instance? Will the event run as normal or will there be restrictions in place? Nobody knows the answer to that last question in particular and what that answer is may put some people off going who have already bought tickets. I suppose part of the reason for Sat selling out may be all the carry-overs from last year but still.

Maybe they are offering reduced capacity but in that case, they should have said that and made it clear that Saturday's tickets were close to selling out. There was another con that did just that in the last few weeks and that one is later in the year. The only ticket I have is a transferred Sunday Clark Gregg DP from Spring 2020 and I'm still hedging my bets about attending, despite the appeal of a number of guests, although that has now dropped slightly as Saturday has sold out so can't meet Robbie Coltrane for example. It would be nice if I could go on the Friday for once but don't know if I will be able to get the day off work (usually I can't because it's our busiest season but this year, that may not be the case). 

3 hours ago, jonedney124 said:

I must say I'm surprised that Saturday has sold out this early, considering that the June 21st date for relaxing restrictions is still not absolutely certain, especially with the new Indian variant. Will the guests based overseas be willing to come over here if the Indian variant continues to be a problem? Should any event of this magnitude be going ahead in that instance? Will the event run as normal or will there be restrictions in place? Nobody knows the answer to that last question in particular and what that answer is may put some people off going who have already bought tickets. I suppose part of the reason for Sat selling out may be all the carry-overs from last year but still.

Maybe they are offering reduced capacity but in that case, they should have said that and made it clear that Saturday's tickets were close to selling out. There was another con that did just that in the last few weeks and that one is later in the year. The only ticket I have is a transferred Sunday Clark Gregg DP from Spring 2020 and I'm still hedging my bets about attending, despite the appeal of a number of guests, although that has now dropped slightly as Saturday has sold out so can't meet Robbie Coltrane for example. It would be nice if I could go on the Friday for once but don't know if I will be able to get the day off work (usually I can't because it's our busiest season but this year, that may not be the case). 

IIRC they usually do warn of low tickets, but sometimes you get caught out if there's a lot of people suddenly buying.

3 hours ago, jonedney124 said:

Throw a sicky lol

I just went to get mine and my husbands weekend/potential gold pass but all sold out    with coming from scotland and needing hotel for all days we do not want to go for friday/sunday only so sadly will miss out this year.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, posey1234 said:

Just wondering if we all buy tickets and queue at the door and they decide to send some people away do they get refunds tbh isnt there fault just wondering thats all

eh? that groovily doesn't make sense. what do u mean-apparently this event has been capped somewhat but don't get what ur asking?

Edited by shakeYourGrooveThing

10 hours ago, posey1234 said:

Just wondering if we all buy tickets and queue at the door and they decide to send some people away do they get refunds tbh isnt there fault just wondering thats all

There should be no reason to turn anybody away, unless you turn up drunk. I don't know you, and Wetherspoons open really early so I can't rule this out.

I think he means if they decide to cap the capacity of the event lower than the number of tickets sold after the fact. I would be more inclined to think they'd be more cautious and under sell tickets, thus maybe having some on the door.

15 hours ago, posey1234 said:

They won't have answers for every hypothetical I'm afraid.  I think all anyone can say is that if things have taken a turn for the worse enough that they need to cut entry even further, the event probably isn't going ahead.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1