General Chat

On 1/3/2021 at 8:41 AM, shakeYourGrooveThing said:

Having said that, although that might b slightly jumping the gun, personally I think events can start as early as April as long as they are done at reduced capacity. Reason I say this I receive e-mails from the ATG theatres website and most of the shows r due to re-start mid-late April.!

Seated events are a bit different - you can space out the seats and you know everyone will spend most of the time in those seats. Could even have screens between seats. You can operate a one way system to limit any bottlenecks and queues. You can tell people to arrive at a set time and there’s no advantage to being early. 

most of that could not work with a comic con. A small signing with a handful of attendees in the building at one time could just about cope as well as a shop. 

At a comic con you are queuing to join a queue. The further back you are the more you miss out. If you have an 11am photoshoot (for which times won’t be live until a week before) you need to be in by 10:50. 

But at least with schedules you can make plans and prepare - the autograph side is still a free for all. 

Preselling autographs could solve some of those uncertainties. If people could strictly follow rules. But if there’s one thing we’ve noticed over the past year, it’s not our strongest point. 

And you’ve also got guest availability; $$$$$ for a long weekend is off the cards if you’re looking at a week’s quarantine either side. 

finally, looking at private signings certain guests aren’t getting any cheaper. Even working from home. If an event had to sell 1000 photos to pay for a guest and they can only sell 500 would you pay double the price to stand on the other side of screen?

I’m curious to see how such challenges will be approached.  

Edited by TerraHawk

6 hours ago, TerraHawk said:

Seated events are a bit different - you can space out the seats and you know everyone will spend most of the time in those seats. Could even have screens between seats. You can operate a one way system to limit any bottlenecks and queues. You can tell people to arrive at a set time and there’s no advantage to being early. 

most of that could not work with a comic con. A small signing with a handful of attendees in the building at one time could just about cope as well as a shop. 

At a comic con you are queuing to join a queue. The further back you are the more you miss out. If you have an 11am photoshoot (for which times won’t be live until a week before) you need to be in by 10:50. 

But at least with schedules you can make plans and prepare - the autograph side is still a free for all. 

Preselling autographs could solve some of those uncertainties. If people could strictly follow rules. But if there’s one thing we’ve noticed over the past year, it’s not our strongest point. 

And you’ve also got guest availability; $$$$$ for a long weekend is off the cards if you’re looking at a week’s quarantine either side. 

finally, looking at private signings certain guests aren’t getting any cheaper. Even working from home. If an event had to sell 1000 photos to pay for a guest and they can only sell 500 would you pay double the price to stand on the other side of screen?

I’m curious to see how such challenges will be approached.  

Thing is, and here's the other part to it. I don't think showmasters would risk having social distancing in LFCC, because that would only really imo mess everything up because you've gotta stand two meters away from everybody. Not only that, but the fact would be that you would have to sit in designated seats next to ones that would say "CHAIR NOT IN USE!!"

On 2/2/2021 at 12:38 PM, TerraHawk said:

Pre selling auto's doesn't make any difference to be honest, all it does is move the point at which you exchange money, but it doesn't do anything for the numbers - the show needs as many people through as possible to pay for getting the guest over so even if you limit the number of people able to see the guest, the price would have to be massively high to get it down to covid safe numbers.

I do see a future for trusted companies to continue the private signings as it'd be a good chance to get people you might not be able to otherwise, so it'd be nice if some could be done with guests who can't/won't come over,  or don't want to do cons but might not be adverse to a private signing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So it's been a while (I think lol) since I've been here, had my COVID vaccine jab, so yay for me since I'm needle phobic (I've gotta go back for the 2nd dose on 11/06/2021), which will clear me for hopefully going to LFCC in July. Also from what I've been reading, is that the government will actually be starting covid-passports (like beta testing...sorry, computer garb there) and a "traffic light" system, which will show which areas will be possibly locked down and which will be able to go on. 

According to what was told, this is starting mid this month with Liverpool and I THINK (don't quote me on it cos I may have gotten the 2nd city wrong) London starting covid-passports and traffic light system ready for when football stadiums reopen among other things. 

I wouldn't blame SM if they were to ask for the covid-passport as a way of seeing if you have had been vaccinated. This would more than likely be able to allow people to not social distance as much, but also not have to rely on wearing a mask IF they had been vaccinated. (I know that you CAN be asymptomatic with COVID19 and give it to others but not actually suffer from it yourself IF you are vaccinated).

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

1st vaccine sorted. 2nd one booked in for week before the show. Couldn't have planned that if I'd tried

Oooooooooh, technically the vaccines take about two weeks to be fully effective, sooooooooo.

Oh go on then, I'll allow it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/30/2021 at 10:38 AM, natedammit said:

Oooooooooh, technically the vaccines take about two weeks to be fully effective, sooooooooo.

Oh go on then, I'll allow it.

Thank you. Much appreciated

Edited by Mfahey79
spelling
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, posey1234 said:

Justwondering if we all get covid passports what would happen if we wanted our kids to go just wondering and ive had both jabs thank god was def worth it just hope if we do get covid passports they dnt cost alot

No one can answer that Posey.  It's a hypothetical question to which we have no response.  Sorry.

14 hours ago, posey1234 said:

Justwondering if we all get covid passports what would happen if we wanted our kids to go just wondering and ive had both jabs thank god was def worth it just hope if we do get covid passports they dnt cost alot

have u got the NHS app matey? i believe with vacces and lateral flow test results they become available to c on there it's been explained to me?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shakeYourGrooveThing said:

have u got the NHS app matey? i believe with vacces and lateral flow test results they become available to c on there it's been explained to me?

Yes they do. They're all through the NHS app ONCE you have had your 2nd COVID19 vaccination. If you want the paper version; you can call 119 (I think it was the number) and request for it to be sent to you, you can't do it through your GP though.

Also, with the case of Alice Cooper, there's more than likely now confirmation that he is going to be attending LFCC as this is on his official youtube page - "Alice Cooper is back! Catch Alice on tour this Fall with special guest, former Kiss guitarist Ace Frehley. Celebrating the release of his new album, Detroit Stories, Alice will hit the road starting September 17 in Atlantic City, NJ with stops in Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Nashville and more - culminating in a performance at the 2021 Shaky Knees Festival in Atlanta! VIP Tickets and Presales available tomorrow, Tuesday, May 18th at 10am local time with code SICKTHINGS. Tickets go on sale this Friday, May 21st at 10am local time"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shakeYourGrooveThing said:

Thanks so much mate just wondering im planning on bringing my daughter she does the rapid test do they go on the sistem aswell

If you register the result online using the serial number of the test, yes, you would have to register it under your daughter's name. It won't show up via the NHS Covid app on your phone because that's personal to you and you alone. So you'd have to search the test result out on the NHS Covid website or similar. We had to do a Covid test for our two year old daughter about 8 months ago because her nursery closed for a week due to a Covid scare, and wouldn't let kids back when it reopened unless they showed a proven negative result.

6 hours ago, Mayhem said:

If you register the result online using the serial number of the test, yes, you would have to register it under your daughter's name. It won't show up via the NHS Covid app on your phone because that's personal to you and you alone. So you'd have to search the test result out on the NHS Covid website or similar. We had to do a Covid test for our two year old daughter about 8 months ago because her nursery closed for a week due to a Covid scare, and wouldn't let kids back when it reopened unless they showed a proven negative result.

Thanks so much mate and glad your daughter hasnt had it mate

9 hours ago, Mayhem said:

Thanks. Sadly I’ve known quite a few people who have contracted Covid, including my mate Jason, who’s had it so long and still recovering he made the papers...

https://news.sky.com/story/uks-longest-known-covid-patient-suffering-fainting-attacks-after-more-than-13-months-in-icu-12302521

Thats horrible ive had friends that have passed away from it aswell and hopefully they get this idian farient under control nxt b4 it gets out of control

15 hours ago, Litafan83 said:

Hello, is the guests going to be wearing face masks in their photoshoots ?

No one knows.  Until Showmasters make a statement on how it all works we can only guess, and as usual, they won't comment until they are ready to put out a statement I'm afraid.  All we can do is wait especially as it's tied to the government lifting restrictions.

• Like 2

On 5/25/2021 at 12:23 PM, Raylenth said:

No one knows.  Until Showmasters make a statement on how it all works we can only guess, and as usual, they won't comment until they are ready to put out a statement I'm afraid.  All we can do is wait especially as it's tied to the government lifting restrictions.

Cant see that happening anytime soon with the indian varient spreading

• Like 1

15 hours ago, posey1234 said:

Cant see that happening anytime soon with the indian varient spreading

Agreed.  I know the government said the lifting of the restrictions wasn't guaranteed and they would assess it at each stage but as it stands it does look like there might be more of a possibility that the social distancing restrictions won't be gone when they hoped for now.

On 5/28/2021 at 8:34 AM, Raylenth said:

Agreed.  I know the government said the lifting of the restrictions wasn't guaranteed and they would assess it at each stage but as it stands it does look like there might be more of a possibility that the social distancing restrictions won't be gone when they hoped for now.

Only problem with the variant keep mutating