General Chat

53 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Maybe some romance (you know, to keep the ladies interested)? Hmm, let me think, let me think.

Ok, so, right, in the underground resistance's underground bunker, we suddenly hear a crackle on the radio Mae has built from parts of a toaster. It's not clear, but it's a voice asking for help. Surely we can't risk exposing ourselves for the sake of one person? And what if it's a trap? 

The bravest member of the underground resistance - let's say me - goes on a potentially deadly mission to find and rescue the mystery person. Turns out it's Taylor Swift and she falls in madly love with me. We have a passionate romance. Then she writes an album about me. It's pretty dark, but sells well.

I like that I'm the tech expert in this. Also what a twist!

So Swift, Nate, Mae, Dalek and 2 Capaldi spirits rise up to destroy Roy and Ron. Except in the sequel we discover that Roy and Ron are still alive. Dalek has betrayed his friends. The good guys need to muster all the support they can. Who is willing to join this brave group of freedom fighters? Who will live, who will die? Find out in the third part of the trilogy. 

THERE ARE NO CAPALDI SPIRITS.

1 hour ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

So Swift, Nate, Mae, Dalek and 2 Capaldi spirits rise up to destroy Roy and Ron. Except in the sequel we discover that Roy and Ron are still alive. Dalek has betrayed his friends. The good guys need to muster all the support they can. Who is willing to join this brave group of freedom fighters? Who will live, who will die? Find out in the third part of the trilogy. 

The destruction of Ron is supposed to be the climax of book 3 - the ultimate happy ending. We have to build up an evil air of invincibility about him first otherwise it won't mean as much.

That's not to say there can't be extra books, hastily written to cash in on the phenomenal success of the first three. Hopefully not prequels though.

I am very much on board with @The Friendly Dalek's idea of my love being strong enough to bring Swifty to the side of good. Perhaps too much.

2 hours ago, natedammit said:

The destruction of Ron is supposed to be the climax of book 3 - the ultimate happy ending. We have to build up an evil air of invincibility about him first otherwise it won't mean as much.

Are there supposed to be spoilers yet?

Edited by maegurwen

Hello I'm looking to attend in 2021 and I'd like to start saving and getting things prepped but with recent announcements I'm not sure if it's safe to commit as I live in Ireland so there's alot on the line, my question is...does anyone have a rough idea on the chances this event will still happen if not will their be refunds ? Sorry if this has been asked i did check previous comments but didn't see this being asked so I thought to take that step. 

1 hour ago, Pinhead1987 said:

Hello I'm looking to attend in 2021 and I'd like to start saving and getting things prepped but with recent announcements I'm not sure if it's safe to commit as I live in Ireland so there's alot on the line, my question is...does anyone have a rough idea on the chances this event will still happen if not will their be refunds ? Sorry if this has been asked i did check previous comments but didn't see this being asked so I thought to take that step. 

With how things are still, I would personally advise not booking anything until the last possible moment, we still don’t know what the situation at the event will be like for photo shoots and autographs and things, while July is quite a while away we still can’t predict the future, it’s an expensive thing to put money into and you want to have a good memory of it 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pinhead1987 said:

Yeah, unfortunately no one can really advise on what the chances of it going ahead are, as we simply don't know what the situation will be like in 6 months.  I think you can reasonably say anything booked before summer probably won't happen, but again, none of us really know.  Personally I think that until a significant number of the population have been vaccinated you can assume large events won't happen, and as it's going to take a while for them to get to the 16 - 59 and not vulnerable members of the populace, it's going to be a while still.

The good thing is though that if you are saving you are prepared either way.  If you do want to book, make sure you look at the covid terms of every company you buy with as many of them do have policies now - however this may be vouchers to use later in most cases and you need to know their cancellation/postponement policies to see what qualifies - for example, will an airline allow you to rebook later if the flight you are booked on still fly's but the event you are going to isn't?  Also if you have money tied up in lots of vouchers, there's no guarantee the companies will still exist when it all gets back to normal.

I think what Green said is sensible, wait and keep an eye on things.

• Like 1

Hi groovy guys, happy new year. And yes I tink its probably best to leave most planning til closer to the event, however me and my friend have been listing what we want to do this year and only buying entry ticket (and that is it!) at the most appropiate times when they have been giving us good news.

Having said that, although that might b slightly jumping the gun, personally I think events can start as early as April as long as they are done at reduced capacity. Reason I say this I receive e-mails from the ATG theatres website and most of the shows r due to re-start mid-late April. I feel since some sporting events were allowed to allow fans last month we are not far off from doing them properly. I was lucky enough to c a local panto before it was cut short so some friends who were going to c were groovily not happily. Basically I would welcome the government forcing organisers not allowing on-the-day-ticket-sales and only doing pre-orders, and they should sell up between 1 half to 2 3rds revenue, but organisators must also put a deadline for ticket-orders about a few days/week before the event. I think they should stop sales earlier if they go higher than they're supposed to. And then all masks stuff applies.

Anway, fingers crossed we can resume stuff like this soon!! I enjoy paaaartying with others more than on my own!

• Like 1

On 12/27/2020 at 10:07 PM, Pinhead1987 said:

Hey, Pin, in the same boat here, and haven’t booked anything yet. Don’t want to commit to anything yet for it to be postponed again. Had been thinking along the same lines as what's been posted already: not booking anything till we’re sure it’ll go ahead, and even if we do, looking down the possible refund route for flights & hotel in case postponement happens and we’re cancelling our trip.

On 1/3/2021 at 8:41 AM, shakeYourGrooveThing said:

Hi groovy guys, happy new year. And yes I tink its probably best to leave most planning til closer to the event, however me and my friend have been listing what we want to do this year and only buying entry ticket (and that is it!) at the most appropiate times when they have been giving us good news.

Having said that, although that might b slightly jumping the gun, personally I think events can start as early as April as long as they are done at reduced capacity. Reason I say this I receive e-mails from the ATG theatres website and most of the shows r due to re-start mid-late April. I feel since some sporting events were allowed to allow fans last month we are not far off from doing them properly. I was lucky enough to c a local panto before it was cut short so some friends who were going to c were groovily not happily. Basically I would welcome the government forcing organisers not allowing on-the-day-ticket-sales and only doing pre-orders, and they should sell up between 1 half to 2 3rds revenue, but organisators must also put a deadline for ticket-orders about a few days/week before the event. I think they should stop sales earlier if they go higher than they're supposed to. And then all masks stuff applies.

Anway, fingers crossed we can resume stuff like this soon!! I enjoy paaaartying with others more than on my own!

On top of this it would b great to c everybody have a sense of optimism and enthusiasm towards events. Ideally I and my friend still don't want to c people claiming/predicting stuff is like 'not gonna happen'. It's just not needed any more! I think we may b getting back to a sense of normality by May

On 1/8/2021 at 9:32 AM, shakeYourGrooveThing said:

On top of this it would b great to c everybody have a sense of optimism and enthusiasm towards events. Ideally I and my friend still don't want to c people claiming/predicting stuff is like 'not gonna happen'. It's just not needed any more! I think we may b getting back to a sense of normality by May

It would be nice to be optimistic but it doesn't hurt to be practical. 

• Like 2

On 12/15/2020 at 9:13 AM, natedammit said:

But it's also a solid basis for a surprisingly successful series of YA novels that get optioned for a trilogy of films, of which the first one is so poorly received the sequels never materialise.

Called it.

On 1/9/2021 at 8:49 PM, Raylenth said:

It would be nice to be optimistic but it doesn't hurt to be practical. 

Agree - II think lots of people were optimistic at the start of the year, but the reality is right now staring us in the face - lots of charities are now being told to cancel events through Summer, Schools & Universities are being told to prepare digital learning experiences for September onwards, children are being told not to have offline friends at all but to have a digital friend, the Chancellor is telling people in creative industries & the arts they should probably retrain for jobs in a fully digital economy, and Sir Patrick Vallance said just now that the vaccine will have no impact on reducing lockdown measures... this is in line with what Van Tam said just after Xmas, when he hinted about mid 2022...

If people want shows back, then they need to start engaging with local representatives, and tell them they want a future that involves leisure activities & outdoor & creative pursuits, and that there needs to be some discussion about the future of events not just great SM events, but others too. Humans need human contact, after all.

sorry but I don't know where u've got ur info from as i can't c where charities r 'being told to cancel their events', and the children thing. Sorry but if there's not a big thing in the news no-one will take notice in what u've said there. 

Also disappointing to c a popular G again cancel this year, already i haven't done that 'G' within my grroovy disco-y past I was just talking to my friend who's getting very worried now after cing as we both believe events should b able to go ahead as early as April/May. I think he might b putting in some of writing to get them to focus on the events sector-but he also mentioned to me-hang on they might separate events out-allow festivals late summer inc gigs and do sport/conferences 1st as the difference is (he says) crowds can't b easily controlled in the music industry and like myself, groovy, judgement can go if too many people r drinking, lol. personally i stand with what I grroovily originally said, and fully believe/hope events will return in no matter of time, let alone going back to a sense of normality, i just don't know if i can party by myself any time longer, but Nobby next door doesn't seem to mind if he's not gibbering grroovily about

If (when) it gets cancelled, we will have a Forum Convention that weekend. 

Instead of getting autographs we can post pictures of our favourites from previous years.

Instead of getting photographs we can (you guessed it) post pictures of our favourites from previous years. 

Instead of queuing for hours and getting hot and sweaty we can post pictures of ourselves getting hot and sweaty. 

Maybe not that last one.

We should do something anyway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4