General Chat

14 hours ago, natedammit said:

It just shows you how fickle most of those animals are.

Family? Pah, Family sticks together through the good times and the bad. Not that lot. The cons dry up, and they disappear off to their fancy modern applications like TikTok and MySpace, posting videos of themselves doing dance routines to quotes from Ghostbusters 2.

Now all that's left is you, me, groovy guy, film review fella, and missing poster person, plus the occasional visit from a Saw Faerie, Ron posting like a mod even though he's not a mod and is mostly telling people that there are no mods, and Roy talking about Hugh Dancy's winky.

A disparate group of individuals desperately clinging on to the last vestiges of civilisation.

Is it sad? Maybe. But it's also a solid basis for a surprisingly successful series of YA novels that get optioned for a trilogy of films, of which the first one is so poorly received the sequels never materialise.

I actually check the forums everyday just saying...

On 12/16/2020 at 9:27 AM, natedammit said:

Look, I brought your family back! Ok, they're mostly whining and complaining, but still.

And as if by magic, they all disappeared again. I think this is the start of book 2 in the trilogy. By the end we realise that we don't need others and are strong enough to survive on our own. Of course in book three we realise that whilst we are strong and independent women, it's better to be with others.

2 hours ago, natedammit said:

And as if by magic, they all disappeared again. I think this is the start of book 2 in the trilogy. By the end we realise that we don't need others and are strong enough to survive on our own. Of course in book three we realise that whilst we are strong and independent women, it's better to be with others.

Or this is the chapter in the dystopian future where the other forum members have been picked off already in a totally non plagiaristic battle royale and only the stronger ones have remained.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 9:27 AM, natedammit said:

Look, I brought your family back! Ok, they're mostly whining and complaining, but still.

I haven't whined or complained, thank you!

3 hours ago, natedammit said:

I think that's usually by book three, book two would be a ton of plot twists....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Or this is the chapter in the dystopian future where the other forum members have been picked off already in a totally non plagiaristic battle royale and only the stronger ones have remained.

By which you mean that you have picked them all off and become the Forum's 'Champion'. 

But will you be a benevolent leader, or are you secretly controlled by sinister forces (i.e. Ron)?

22 minutes ago, maegurwen said:

I haven't whined or complained, thank you!

Absolutely not. You are part of the underground resistance movement with me and Kurdy.

23 minutes ago, maegurwen said:

I think that's usually by book three, book two would be a ton of plot twists....

Plot twists like Roy killing all but a few members to become an all powerful leader?

10 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Absolutely not. You are part of the underground resistance movement with me and Kurdy.

Plot twists like Roy killing all but a few members to become an all powerful leader?

I like the sound of that....

And yeah that sounds like a decent plot twist.

27 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I have returned from my centuries of slumber. 

So what's all this about becoming the forum champion, sounds like a title for me.

It can't be!!! I have heard the stories about your acts of heroism, but I thought them to be just legend. Tales to be told by the fireside to inspire the children. Could you really be the one to free us from the tyranny of Roy (but really Ron)?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Faerie Tanith said:

Can one just declare themselves champion?

Officially you would need to challenge Roy, Black Panther style. Unfortunately it would not be a fair contest because the evil powers (Ron) have stacked the deck massively in favour of the current champion in order to protect their position of privilege (the whole thing is just a comment on modern society, really).

You could join the underground resistance. By the end of book 3 we'll have destroyed the system, allowing everyone to realise their full potential as a champion, but that could take a while.

Alternatively, I guess you could ingratiate yourself with Ron to the point where he betrays Roy in favour of you. This would of course lead to Roy assisting the resistance movement, eventually sacrificing herself in order to take out Ron.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

Look how active the forum is, how exciting!

7 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

I know. You'd think we all have other things to do. Like going out. Oh, wait........

Sorry, but you two were killed by Roy in the totally original Battle Royale. You were all working together, but then she betrayed you. I guess you could be back as spirits come to haunt Roy, driving her towards insanity, that could work.

19 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Sorry, but you two were killed by Roy in the totally original Battle Royale. You were all working together, but then she betrayed you. I guess you could be back as spirits come to haunt Roy, driving her towards insanity, that could work.

We will come back as the spirit of Capaldi past, present and yet to come. If that doesn't drive Roy to insanity :firedevil:

Edited by Peter Capaldi Fan
Typo
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

We will come back as the spirit of Capaldi past, present and yet to come. If that doesn't drive Roy to insanity :firedevil:

Woah, woah, woah. There'll be no Capaldi spirits here. We don't want to frighten the kids too much. You and Reg are actually figments of Roy's imagination brought on by her guilt over the atrocities she has committed to get to her lofty position.

(Of course, let us not forget that the true evil here is Ron)

They're still pretty good roles though - especially as you were killed off in book two. 

41 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Woah, woah, woah. There'll be no Capaldi spirits here. We don't want to frighten the kids too much. You and Reg are actually figments of Roy's imagination brought on by her guilt over the atrocities she has committed to get to her lofty position.

(Of course, let us not forget that the true evil here is Ron)

They're still pretty good roles though - especially as you were killed off in book two. 

needs more plot twist.....:whistling::lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, maegurwen said:

needs more plot twist.....:whistling::lol:

Maybe some romance (you know, to keep the ladies interested)? Hmm, let me think, let me think.

Ok, so, right, in the underground resistance's underground bunker, we suddenly hear a crackle on the radio Mae has built from parts of a toaster. It's not clear, but it's a voice asking for help. Surely we can't risk exposing ourselves for the sake of one person? And what if it's a trap? 

The bravest member of the underground resistance - let's say me - goes on a potentially deadly mission to find and rescue the mystery person. Turns out it's Taylor Swift and she falls in madly love with me. We have a passionate romance. Then she writes an album about me. It's pretty dark, but sells well.

• Haha 1