General Chat

• 3 weeks later...

Did I miss the announcement for this 2021 Summer con?

This is the confirmed new date I assume as its on this forum.

As I may not be able to go as my Fiancee wants to go away on a hen doooo..... I will be left holding toddler.....

i can feel myself wanting to cry.....acctually missing LFCC 2 years in a row would destroy me Beyond words..... :blink:

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, RomeroSavini said:

As I may not be able to go as my Fiancee wants to go away on a hen doooo..... I will be left holding toddler.....

i can feel myself wanting to cry.....acctually missing LFCC 2 years in a row would destroy me Beyond words..... :blink:

If I remember correctly the dates were announced at the same time as LFCC 2020 was postponed until November. Not much help if you can't do the dates :crying:

On 7/25/2020 at 6:46 PM, RomeroSavini said:

Bring the toddler is one solution. Make it a fun day out.

10 hours ago, LadyDeTemps said:
On 7/25/2020 at 6:46 PM, RomeroSavini said:

Not being so under the thumb is another.

• Haha 1

On 7/28/2020 at 10:40 PM, LadyDeTemps said:

In theory it sounds fun, in reality not haha hours in a line, all day in a venue. I would never in my life bring a child, ever.

It's hard for adults at over crowded cons, I see how some children suffer in the heat and crushing crowds as well. I have seen some horrible situations over the years with small kids and babies, no way I put my child at risk.

I would literally be arrested if someone pushed my child out the way like I have seen other selfish people do.

So cons are for me alone :D

Edited by RomeroSavini
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RomeroSavini said:

In theory it sounds fun, in reality not haha hours in a line, all day in a venue. I would never in my life bring a child, ever.

It's hard for adults at over crowded cons, I see how some children suffer in the heat and crushing crowds as well. I have seen some horrible situations over the years with small kids and babies, no way I put my child at risk.

I would literally be arrested if someone pushed my child out the way like I have seen other selfish people do.

So cons are for me alone :D

Yeah, I wouldn't ever bring any children. Mostly because I don't have any, so I would be arrested.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
31 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

It's really sad to see so little activity on these forums...I miss my Comic Con family :(

It just shows you how fickle most of those animals are.

Family? Pah, Family sticks together through the good times and the bad. Not that lot. The cons dry up, and they disappear off to their fancy modern applications like TikTok and MySpace, posting videos of themselves doing dance routines to quotes from Ghostbusters 2.

Now all that's left is you, me, groovy guy, film review fella, and missing poster person, plus the occasional visit from a Saw Faerie, Ron posting like a mod even though he's not a mod and is mostly telling people that there are no mods, and Roy talking about Hugh Dancy's winky.

A disparate group of individuals desperately clinging on to the last vestiges of civilisation.

Is it sad? Maybe. But it's also a solid basis for a surprisingly successful series of YA novels that get optioned for a trilogy of films, of which the first one is so poorly received the sequels never materialise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, natedammit said:

Now all that's left is you, me, groovy guy, film review fella, and missing poster person, plus the occasional visit from a Saw Faerie, Ron posting like a mod even though he's not a mod and is mostly telling people that there are no mods, and Roy talking about Hugh Dancy's winky.

and a purple elf.

8 hours ago, natedammit said:

And me. Nice to know all my carefully considered posts that I put a lot of time and effort into are so appreciated.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1