Official Update - 04/06/2020

15 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Nothing has been confirmed, but they initially said Winter would be bigger than it usually would be anyway so they probably may have needed more halls, and as it's now essentially Summer but in November I'd not be surprised if they take the whole venue again (Especially to help with spreading us out).  Of course that's just me guessing, until we get the floor plan we never actually know for certain, even with Summer

Thank you. This is the only thing affecting my decision to go or not. Cheers

Just now, andyfilm_1 said:

I will say on the flip side, we really don't know either way - they may not get as many guests as they normally would to help with that.  I literally am just guessing.

• Like 1

I am wondering how the new 14 day isolation rules on incoming flights will have an effect on guest's availability & willingness to travel.

Obviously there are always exceptions to the rules (don't get me started! :rolleyes: ) but this will cut down on attendee numbers as well.

1 hour ago, Starbuck73 said:

I am wondering how the new 14 day isolation rules on incoming flights will have an effect on guest's availability & willingness to travel.

Obviously there are always exceptions to the rules (don't get me started! :rolleyes: ) but this will cut down on attendee numbers as well.

Also it may not be in place by November.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 12:49 PM, andyfilm_1 said:

Also depends how many tickets have been sold already and will they put a limit on future ticket sales to reduce capacity 

4 hours ago, Jedi_Si said:

Got a couple of refund vouchers to spend, will there be anymore diamond passes added to the store really want a Clarke Gregg Diamond ?

They said they were going to add them back in a couple of days ago but it looks like they haven't yet

On 6/7/2020 at 12:31 PM, Raylenth said:

Nothing has been confirmed, but they initially said Winter would be bigger than it usually would be anyway so they probably may have needed more halls, and as it's now essentially Summer but in November I'd not be surprised if they take the whole venue again (Especially to help with spreading us out).  Of course that's just me guessing, until we get the floor plan we never actually know for certain, even with Summer

That’s assuming no one else had already booked a hall for November, only 4 weeks before Xmas. And even before the postponement Jason was saying Summer would be smaller than usual to help accommodate other events that lost March to June bookings, so they might still be looking space in November. 

Personally I can’t see me attending for the next 18 months - Even assuming the trains get back to normal and Hotels don’t jack up their prices I’m not sure I’d find the risk worthwhile. 

my bank account is looking a lot more healthy without events too. I could get used to that...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

wondering if anyone has had the same email, I recently sent an email to london film expalining that I am unable to attend next July and November I can only attend one day due to not coming back from holiday until that friday of the event. I said Im happy to have my money transfered over to the saturday to spend including the weekend ticket that I wont be fully using

I had an email thats the same as this statement above with if you unable to attend in full both events then I still have to wait till next july for a refund

Bit confused so I do want to attend the saturday in novmeber I would have to repay for the tickets and all the photo shoots I have already booked and then wait for July for a refund. Im gussing they have sent me a generic response and not really read the email I have sent do you think I should wait and email again as I dont really want to pay twice for the event

41 minutes ago, DCGIRL1987 said:

Hi

wondering if anyone has had the same email, I recently sent an email to london film expalining that I am unable to attend next July and November I can only attend one day due to not coming back from holiday until that friday of the event. I said Im happy to have my money transfered over to the saturday to spend including the weekend ticket that I wont be fully using

I had an email thats the same as this statement above with if you unable to attend in full both events then I still have to wait till next july for a refund

Bit confused so I do want to attend the saturday in novmeber I would have to repay for the tickets and all the photo shoots I have already booked and then wait for July for a refund. Im gussing they have sent me a generic response and not really read the email I have sent do you think I should wait and email again as I dont really want to pay twice for the event

It does sound like a generic e-mail. Personally I'd e-mail again, and keep it simple as possible. "Due to the postponement conflicting with my holiday, please transfer my Friday tickets to the Saturday." Include the order numbers. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having reviewed my current health status with my doctor, I am no longer attending in November. My tickets have already been refunded. -_-

For those curious, I am currently in stage 5 kidney failure & am about to be transplant listed. Hospital appointments galore at the moment! :rolleyes:

I hope all of you who do manage to attend have a great weekend & enjoy yourselves as much as is socially acceptable! ^_^

• Sad 6

1 hour ago, Starbuck73 said:

Having reviewed my current health status with my doctor, I am no longer attending in November. My tickets have already been refunded. -_-

For those curious, I am currently in stage 5 kidney failure & am about to be transplant listed. Hospital appointments galore at the moment! :rolleyes:

I hope all of you who do manage to attend have a great weekend & enjoy yourselves as much as is socially acceptable! ^_^

Good luck with everything, hope it goes okay and wishing you a speedy recovery 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Starbuck73 said:

Yeah good luck Starbuck, sorry you won't be able to attend but if there's ever a good reason not to go, this is it!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Starbuck73 said:

Get Well soon Starbuck73. Everything crossed for you. Hope to see you up and about at a comic con in the very near future!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Starbuck73 said:

Sorry to hear that Starbuck. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

Good luck with everything, hope it goes okay and wishing you a speedy recovery 

20 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Yeah good luck Starbuck, sorry you won't be able to attend but if there's ever a good reason not to go, this is it!

13 hours ago, Ravogd said:

Get Well soon Starbuck73. Everything crossed for you. Hope to see you up and about at a comic con in the very near future!

5 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Sorry to hear that Starbuck. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Thank you everyone! 

• Like 3

On 6/30/2020 at 5:05 PM, Starbuck73 said:

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with the transplant, hope they find a compatible donor quickly and it all goes well for you. xxx

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/4/2020 at 2:49 PM, Sebster118 said:

Disappointing but expected and understandable.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to go on the November dates due to other plans and commitments.

But am keeping an eye on the Collectormanias, and next year's LFCC.

My other plans in regards to location have been cancelled but there may be an alternative arrangement at the same time, or on another weekend.

Have booked a hotel but not bought any tickets yet in case circumstances continue to make me feel it'd be best to stay safe and stay at home.

UPDATE: For anyone who is interested, I had a kidney transplant last week! Completely unexpected, having only just been listed, but so amazing! :D

Home recovering now & under fresh shielding guidelines (another 3 months! :rolleyes: ) so LFCC in November is still pretty much off the table for me.

I just wanted to say thank you again for the support & I hope everyone has fun in November! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!  :D

Edited by Starbuck73
  • Like 10

54 minutes ago, Starbuck73 said:

UPDATE: For anyone who is interested, I had a kidney transplant last week! Completely unexpected, having only just been listed, but so amazing! :D

Home recovering now & under fresh shielding guidelines (another 3 months! :rolleyes: ) so LFCC in November is still pretty much off the table for me.

I just wanted to say thank you again for the support & I hope everyone had fun in November! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!  :D

Yay well done Starbuck, again it's the best reason ever not to come (you probably won't be missing anything anyway with the second wave coming) ! Take care of yourself and those 3 months will be over before you know it.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 9:00 AM, Raylenth said:

Yay well done Starbuck, again it's the best reason ever not to come (you probably won't be missing anything anyway with the second wave coming) ! Take care of yourself and those 3 months will be over before you know it.

Thank you so much Raylenth! Recovery is going well & kidney not showing any signs of rejection, which is brilliant! :D

Will miss all my con buddies this year & looking forward to LFCC Summer 2021! :clap:

• Like 4

Hi, have you any more updates and details on the show please. Are things still planned to happen in November as it stands? When are the social distancing plans going to be released etc... thanks.

• DavidB locked and unpinned this topic