General Chat

27 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

It’s not even spring 2021 yet :blink:

I have a time machine. :lol: I hop around time a lot.

I was thinking of nurse Turner from call the midwife. I can have mask, gloves and a checklist 

Edited by LadyDeTemps

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Midnight said:

i'm trying to figure out what the best time to get there is. 
i've only ever done 1 LFCC to speak of. 

do wish Peter Wingfield still did conventions but I am happy with Adrian :D

Depends on who you want to see and when they are there.

If I really want to see someone I'll book a photo as I can't be doing with queuing at crack of dawn to get VQ's.

I aim for 10am usually as most of the queue is gone.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, yellowmarlin said:

When do entry tickets go off sale? I’ve only got one guest on each day so I’m leaving it as late as possible in case of cancellation.

It should say on the Eventbrite page next to each item but usually for entry its the day before I think

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I bought my first convention tickets in 3 years last night and noticed it said "NO REFUNDS" in the shopping cart section

A) Does that mean that if a guest cancels , you get vouchers only?

B) If so, why did Brian Cox's cancellation come with a refund announcement?

9 hours ago, Mayhem said:

The entry tickets are non refund. You’re buying entry to the show, whether or not the guests you want to see are there or have cancelled.

Also, with photoshoot tickets and Diamond Passes you can't just get a refund because you decide not to go for some reason; only if the guest cancels.

15 hours ago, andrewrolar said:

I bought my first convention tickets in 3 years last night and noticed it said "NO REFUNDS" in the shopping cart section

A) Does that mean that if a guest cancels , you get vouchers only?

B) If so, why did Brian Cox's cancellation come with a refund announcement?

No refunds has been standard since the events started more or less, it's usually in relation to saying if you choose not to attend and it goes ahead you can't ask for a refund, not that they won't refund (in whatever form) if the guest cancels or the show doesn't go ahead.  With the refunds they are now issuing, it does seem that some are in cash, though it depends on how you paid.  I did a pre order for a few guests, some of which were paid with cash and vouchers, so my refund for Brian was paid in both (they refunded part cash but have neglected to give me my vouchers yet which I'm still chasing.)

7 hours ago, Raylenth said:

No refunds has been standard since the events started more or less, it's usually in relation to saying if you choose not to attend and it goes ahead you can't ask for a refund, not that they won't refund (in whatever form) if the guest cancels or the show doesn't go ahead.  With the refunds they are now issuing, it does seem that some are in cash, though it depends on how you paid.  I did a pre order for a few guests, some of which were paid with cash and vouchers, so my refund for Brian was paid in both (they refunded part cash but have neglected to give me my vouchers yet which I'm still chasing.)

I was aware that refunds were never given for the entrance fee or if I couldn't go 

I was just checking If they had stopped giving cash refunds for cancelled guests with only vouchers given

On 2/25/2022 at 7:10 PM, andrewrolar said:

I was aware that refunds were never given for the entrance fee or if I couldn't go 

I was just checking If they had stopped giving cash refunds for cancelled guests with only vouchers given

They went through a spell during the Covid Cons of issuing Vouchers for cancelled guests rather than just refunding the money, valid for 2 years at which point if they not used you could get your funds back, (some where unhappy with this). but from Raylenth's comment this may not be the case anymore, I hope this is so.

4 hours ago, scifisteve said:

They went through a spell during the Covid Cons of issuing Vouchers for cancelled guests rather than just refunding the money, valid for 2 years at which point if they not used you could get your funds back, (some where unhappy with this). but from Raylenth's comment this may not be the case anymore, I hope this is so.

It looks like it's a mixed bag at the moment, some of the guest cancellations they announced on Friday said vouchers, but like on Bernards they didn't specify so we will have to wait and see what people get, but basically, yeah, they are still issuing vouchers....

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

It looks like it's a mixed bag at the moment, some of the guest cancellations they announced on Friday said vouchers, but like on Bernards they didn't specify so we will have to wait and see what people get, but basically, yeah, they are still issuing vouchers....

On twitter, they've said that they'll be refunding Diamond and photos after the show

For feedback it was nice that Sunday was generally quieter. I managed to get everything done within an hour of the doors being flung open. Not pleased to see that one guest hiked their price up by £5. The voucher system for autographs needs to be made clearer. In the past when I've used the vouchers at the tables I was given change either in cash or autograph vouchers when I didn't have the exact amount. Much to my surprise which was somewhat awkward for the guest I was told when handing my voucher over that they couldn't give change. Ideally this should have been made clearer before the con as to avoid embarrassing and awkward situations all round. 

1 hour ago, MAGIC MONKEY said:

For feedback it was nice that Sunday was generally quieter. I managed to get everything done within an hour of the doors being flung open. Not pleased to see that one guest hiked their price up by £5. The voucher system for autographs needs to be made clearer. In the past when I've used the vouchers at the tables I was given change either in cash or autograph vouchers when I didn't have the exact amount. Much to my surprise which was somewhat awkward for the guest I was told when handing my voucher over that they couldn't give change. Ideally this should have been made clearer before the con as to avoid embarrassing and awkward situations all round. 

I was offered change, at one desk. In the end though, I decided against getting their auto 

14 hours ago, MAGIC MONKEY said:

Who upped their price?

No it was a male guest that upped the price from £15 to £20. It's annoying and should be banned. The price stated on the main page here should be the one paid, not to go to the show and find out that they decided to up the price. I'm not naming who it is as they were very nice about signing. I even had a picture with them at the table but it's off putting to find out they've hiked the price up at the event. 

1 hour ago, MAGIC MONKEY said:

No it was a male guest that upped the price from £15 to £20. It's annoying and should be banned. The price stated on the main page here should be the one paid, not to go to the show and find out that they decided to up the price. I'm not naming who it is as they were very nice about signing. I even had a picture with them at the table but it's off putting to find out they've hiked the price up at the event. 

I dont know about that, but i have seen elsewhere that Therica went from £10 on the website to £15 on the day