General Chat

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but there's this extra bit of text (bolded by me) pertinent to some of the guests attending LFCC Winter who are on Diamond Pass. This is from the tickets page itself.

David Tennant Diamond Pass Sunday

Select quantity: David Tennant Diamond Pass Sunday price: £220.00
Sales end on 19 Nov 2022
The Diamond Pass Upgrade is tailor made to David Tennant. This pass DOES NOT include entry so please purchase entry tickets or a Gold Pass to validate it. This package includes:
1 x Exclusive Diamond Pass Dog Tag.
1 x Standard Photo Opportunity with named guest on Sunday.
1 x Guaranteed in-person autograph with name guest on Sunday. This can be on either your own personal item or a 10x8 supplied by us. If you wish to buy more you will be required to get a virtual queue ticket and rejoin the queue later.
1 x Exclusive Diamond Pass Gift Queue Access. No virtual queue ticket is required however Diamond Pass Holders will be called by number. Your number can be found on your pass.

Very sneaky. Some of the guests, you get just your one included autograph and that's it, you can't buy another two while in the queue, you'll have to grab a VQ if you want any more.

2 hours ago, Mayhem said:

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but there's this extra bit of text (bolded by me) pertinent to some of the guests attending LFCC Winter who are on Diamond Pass. This is from the tickets page itself.

Sales end on 19 Nov 2022
The Diamond Pass Upgrade is tailor made to David Tennant. This pass DOES NOT include entry so please purchase entry tickets or a Gold Pass to validate it. This package includes:
1 x Guaranteed in-person autograph with name guest on Sunday. This can be on either your own personal item or a 10x8 supplied by us. If you wish to buy more you will be required to get a virtual queue ticket and rejoin the queue later.
1 x Exclusive Diamond Pass Gift Queue Access. No virtual queue ticket is required however Diamond Pass Holders will be called by number. Your number can be found on your pass.

Very sneaky. Some of the guests, you get just your one included autograph and that's it, you can't buy another two while in the queue, you'll have to grab a VQ if you want any more.

For Matt Smith as well.

3 hours ago, Mayhem said:

Sales end on 19 Nov 2022

Even more sneaky. This has changed since the majority of people bought their DP :no:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Even more sneaky. This has changed since the majority of people bought their DP :no:

It's a strange decision, as if you're going diamond, you're not going for just one autograph. i get limiting it, but 2 or 3 extras would make more sense. If that is the new rules, I'll only be getting the one Matt Smith and David Tennant, and not the extras i 'need'

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

It's a strange decision, as if you're going diamond, you're not going for just one autograph. i get limiting it, but 2 or 3 extras would make more sense. If that is the new rules, I'll only be getting the one Matt Smith and David Tennant, and not the extras i 'need'

Likewise. If this decision stays I will only get the one autograph for each. Certainly not going for the hassle of a VQ. And if a lot of others feel the same ShowMasters could well be kissing goodbye to several thousand pounds. 

Edited by Peter Capaldi Fan
Typo
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Likewise. If this decision stays I will only get the one autograph for each. Certainly not going for the hassle of a VQ. And if a lot of others feel the same ShowMasters could well be kissing goodbye to several thousand pounds. 

It's also going to make me consider if I want to get a diamond pass in the future

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yellowmarlin said:

I imagine the idea is to get through the diamond pass holders more quickly and ensure that more people with VQ tickets get an opportunity to meet them.

And to ensure they get through all the diamond passes as they certainly have had problems with DP guests in the past. 

I had considered the above, but doesn't it just mean more VQ tickets being given out, if DP holders who want/need more than one auto go for them too?

Surely it means more people missing out on meeting DT on a VQ ticket, as those DP holders who have more than one item for signing will be meeting him twice?

Do SM think, or know, that a significant number of DP holders will only want one auto? 

I guess we'll have to see how things pan out on the day.

I had hoped to get two extra autos when I met DT using the DP, but that now won't be the case - I'll just have the one included auto. It won't hurt me to miss out on two autos, but it would have been nice to get them now. It does give me a fair amount to spend on other guests - if needed - so that's a bonus.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

And to ensure they get through all the diamond passes as they certainly have had problems with DP guests in the past. 

Which makes sense for the July show, as the footfall would be a lot higher than the spring or winter shows.

39 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

The question is will there be the same restrictions on virtual tickets as diamonds?

Usually, the ticket marked by the person on the table is numbered to 5. Clark Gregg is still in the system as being able to buy 2 extras, so it doesn't apply to all DP guests.

1 hour ago, Bogleg said:

Usually, the ticket marked by the person on the table is numbered to 5. 

I get that is the case usually. But if they apply it this time round, the virtual tickets when they get to them will have the chance to get more autographs, than people paying the premium for diamond passes if this is the case.

On 10/31/2022 at 2:57 PM, Mayhem said:

Sales end on 19 Nov 2022

Are you kidding me?! I've got two books I wanted to get signed and would have preferred if I could get both done together rather than messing about queuing for a second time......:mellow:

It’s a stupid decision, make no mistake, but over the years this has become SM’s stock in trade. It will just lead to lost revenue and arguments on the day, especially involving those who don’t frequent this, increasingly sparse forum. I thought the whole point of bringing in the DP was to prioritise those who’d paid the premium, not least, so they can get everything they want in one fell swoop.

I remember meeting George Lazenby at the Winter con several years ago. I had 9 items for him to sign, ok over the permitted amount - I think it was 5 at the time. Despite the fact that there was no one behind me, the SM lady sat with George made me walk back to the front of the (empty) queue, only to walk back to the desk for George to re-sign the remaining 4 items, as he was still signing the first lot. Utterly pointless under these circumstances.

Still at least it gave George a chuckle…

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Diabolik said:

I remember meeting George Lazenby at the Winter con several years ago. I had 9 items for him to sign, ok over the permitted amount - I think it was 5 at the time. Despite the fact that there was no one behind me, the SM lady sat with George made me walk back to the front of the (empty) queue, only to walk back to the desk for George to re-sign the remaining 4 items, as he was still signing the first lot. Utterly pointless under these circumstances

I had that with Alex Kingston this year, I wanted one over the allowance. One other person in the queue and was told no. I get they are the rules, but they should be allowed a little discretion and common sense to come into play.

• Like 1