General Chat

22 hours ago, dogsoldierspoon said:

Hope so too, the event is 2 months away and there's barely a guest list (especially for the Sunday). I'm starting to get really worried about Showmasters

I think they've been busy with Collectormania and Film Fair and I expect they're working on the groovy calender for next year. Don't boogily fret!

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Geoff K said:

I'll be finishing my nightshift at 6am Sunday. I won't get home until about 7.30, so I'm anticipating getting to Olympia about 10.30.

Currently I just have DPs for DT & Jodie, so my late arrival shouldn't be a problem. 

May the scheduling Gods be shining on you for the Sunday :smile:

• Like 2

Thanks. IIRC photo shoots don't usually start until an hour after the show opens, so I'd have to be really unlucky for one of them to start before 10.30. Even then, I'd be slotted into the queue at a convenient point by the SM staff managing the queue, would I not?

In an emergency, I could go straight from work, or maybe get there at 10, if going from home.

Edited by Geoff K

1 hour ago, Geoff K said:

Thanks. IIRC photo shoots don't usually start until an hour after the show opens, so I'd have to be really unlucky for one of them to start before 10.30. Even then, I'd be slotted into the queue at a convenient point by the SM staff managing the queue, would I not?

In an emergency, I could go straight from work, or maybe get there at 10, if going from home.

Worse case scenario, and they start before you arrive, you would assume their slots would be fairly long sessions, I mean David is on batch 7 as it stands for diamond passes, I've not looked just photoshoots. you would also assume that they wont clash (fingers crossed).

Speculation of course, and hopefully you will be ok

• Like 2

Cheers. Even if David & Jodie's standard photos start at 10, & are done in one session, as you say, I ought to be okay. If they do am & pm sessions, that would be great for me.

To have a clash between their photo shoots would be madness.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Geoff K said:

Cheers. Even if David & Jodie's standard photos start at 10, & are done in one session, as you say, I ought to be okay. If they do am & pm sessions, that would be great for me.

To have a clash between their photo shoots would be madness.

I'll throw this into the mix as well. It wouldnt be too surprising if there's a duo shoot with David and Jodie, due to them both being in Broadchurch. If this happens, it will mean that the shoots will be concurrent. Again just guessing.

Edited by Mfahey79
punctuation
  • Like 2

On 10/12/2022 at 1:52 PM, Mfahey79 said:

If you dont mind me asking. How so?

A little worried that with all the photo shoots that he might not have alot of time to sign. Maybe its just me worrying over nothing and it will work out on the day. 

1 hour ago, Tara Maclay said:

If it helps any, David is a fast signer.

I might be wrong, but I heard he managed to get to virtual tickets on his last appearance. There were only two photoshoots last time if i recall though. 

Edited by Mfahey79
additonal

Hi everyone,

Been twice during summer but never been to the winter con. How busy is it compared to summer?

David T is the one I want the most so Sunday looks like the day I'll attend - just pray he reaches virtual tickets! Would be nice to get Matt Smith auto too but the thought of a Saturday and a Sunday gives me a headache even now! I'm usually knackered after a Saturday in summer. 

Thanks for any info re the winter cons!

Edited by bazza96

5 hours ago, bazza96 said:

Hi everyone,

Been twice during summer but never been to the winter con. How busy is it compared to summer?

David T is the one I want the most so Sunday looks like the day I'll attend - just pray he reaches virtual tickets! Would be nice to get Matt Smith auto too but the thought of a Saturday and a Sunday gives me a headache even now! I'm usually knackered after a Saturday in summer. 

Thanks for any info re the winter cons!

It is a smaller event, it's hard to quantify the size exactly, but last time I think they only had one or two halls rather than the whole ground and upper floors.  Re David, he's done a few events now, but he is always hugely popular.  Add in people coming for the 3 of them, I think he will be busy.  If you want to try for him on a VQ, I'd advise getting there as ealy as possible and trying to get as low a number as you can.