Latest Update - 28th March 2020

Just now, Raylenth said:

It's not the easiest place to navigate, search 'pages' and that might help

did that, then it said about creating a account and submitting but on this phone its saying internal site error so I don't know if it submitted or not....

25 minutes ago, maegurwen said:

did that, then it said about creating a account and submitting but on this phone its saying internal site error so I don't know if it submitted or not....

Give it a day maybe to see if it worked, if not email, or call them or try again maybe

With new announcements that any new arrivals into UK airports will be subject to 14 days quarantine, surely this means LFCC is done for July....?

Most people that travel for this event usually only come here for a long weekend to a max of 2 weeks anyway... any point in coming?

Obviously the final decision is down to the venue & the organisers, but it also comes down to personal feelings on whether people want to travel or not.

Open to suggestion, of course, but my opinion is with fresh guidelines being announced tomorrow evening, it's looking less likely this will run. :(

I have already cancelled my flights from The Netherlands and requested vouchers.

Even if it would go ahead I wouldn't feel comfortable going to such a big event in these strange times.

I do understand if the UK is putting the quarantine rule in place, but I really hope they will understand the impact.

Edited by Disneymaniacus

13 hours ago, Starbuck73 said:

With new announcements that any new arrivals into UK airports will be subject to 14 days quarantine, surely this means LFCC is done for July....?

Wouldn’t be surprised if guests who live outside the UK decide to cancel.

See what the PM says today.

Also, I remember Showmasters saying they’ll review the situation in a few weeks time.

Raab has just said 4th July at the earliest for pubs, restaurants etc. So looks no way the event can still happen, although most of us realised this a while back now. I'm assuming we're just waiting for the insurance rules to kick in before Showmasters announce its canceled.

Such a shame, Jason and team had assembled such a strong lineup this year as well .

21 minutes ago, DrBungle said:

Raab has just said 4th July at the earliest for pubs, restaurants etc. So looks no way the event can still happen, although most of us realised this a while back now. I'm assuming we're just waiting for the insurance rules to kick in before Showmasters announce its canceled.

Such a shame, Jason and team had assembled such a strong lineup this year as well .

It would make things easier if the Government said something like "no mass gatherings until at least August/September" i.e. 500+ or 1000+ people, which would take it out of SM's hands. 

10 minutes ago, natedammit said:

It would make things easier if the Government said something like "no mass gatherings until at least August/September" i.e. 500+ or 1000+ people, which would take it out of SM's hands. 

Yeah, as it stands it's still up in the air.

57 minutes ago, DrBungle said:

Yes, also we don’t know what date the 14-day quarantine for air travellers will be extended to yet either. if still in place the weeks before the event it would make it pretty impossible to go ahead on current dates 

Also might as well forget the current line-up as we don’t really know what guests personal response will be and filming schedules have all been affected too. 

Edited by benweblight
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Starbuck73 said:

Have edited the post, though I'm not sure that it matters as it has been cancelled... so it's a "non-event" anyway. :(

Unfortunately it's still classed as another event even though it's been cancelled.

Just changing the name but still giving that date and place are still against the rules. From what we have always been told, if you can find it on Google from the info here, then it’s too much. It’s generally best to just not refer to other events at all here.

If admin want to remove it, they can. I believe it reinforces the reasoning behind LFCC needing to be cancelled or rescheduled as soon as possible.

The fact we have heard nothing from Showmasters on this since March is extremely disappointing, yet they continue with their sales posts.

Can anyone think of another company that did that before they disappeared into oblivion (mentioning no names, of course)...??? 

Everyone is waiting for news, I get that, but some people (friends) only have a certain time frame to apply for travel & accommodation refunds, which is quickly dwindling.

56 minutes ago, Starbuck73 said:

If admin want to remove it, they can. I believe it reinforces the reasoning behind LFCC needing to be cancelled or rescheduled as soon as possible.

The fact we have heard nothing from Showmasters on this since March is extremely disappointing, yet they continue with their sales posts.

Can anyone think of another company that did that before they disappeared into oblivion (mentioning no names, of course)...??? 

Everyone is waiting for news, I get that, but some people (friends) only have a certain time frame to apply for travel & accommodation refunds, which is quickly dwindling.

I think the reason SM have said nothing, is that the UK Government have said nothing on this front since March. If you read the rest of the posts on this thread, it’s pretty obvious as to what the situation is and what is going to happen. If you are really concerned then I suggest you email Showmasters directly as it seems that they will see that before anything on here right now.

And this is completely different to any other situations with other unnamed companies.

Edited by Wrong Name

On 5/9/2020 at 8:49 PM, Disneymaniacus said:

I have already cancelled my flights from The Netherlands and requested vouchers.

Even if it would go ahead I wouldn't feel comfortable going to such a big event in these strange times.

I do understand if the UK is putting the quarantine rule in place, but I really hope they will understand the impact.

Unfortunately I can't afford to waste £120 on tickets, so require a refund. And unless Showmasters cancels the event, I won't get the money back. Simple as that really.

EDIT: Just read a reply to another comment on Twitter that says: "As things are currently changing on a weekly & sometimes daily basis, any updates will be issued across our social media & directly to ticket holders. We're hoping to provide an update at the start of June. Thanks for your patience & stay safe." So it looks like it will be at least 3 weeks before any updates.

Edited by Starbuck73

23 hours ago, Starbuck73 said:

Unfortunately I can't afford to waste £120 on tickets, so require a refund. And unless Showmasters cancels the event, I won't get the money back. Simple as that really.

EDIT: Just read a reply to another comment on Twitter that says: "As things are currently changing on a weekly & sometimes daily basis, any updates will be issued across our social media & directly to ticket holders. We're hoping to provide an update at the start of June. Thanks for your patience & stay safe." So it looks like it will be at least 3 weeks before any updates.

Hi

I'm sure this years lfcc is likely to be cancelled.As others have said upthread it'll be a question of insurance and some kind of business confidentiality to sort out before any official word can be made.

One thing I would say that applies to myself as a self employed tradesmen working in residential properties, following government guidelines on returning to work,as well keeping distance from my customers, I must have all door and windows open when I'm working in any property to create good air flow and ventilation and I can't see any possibility of that at Olympia, especially in the autograph area..... if you know what I mean? Lol

5 hours ago, apollofan said:

Hi

I'm sure this years lfcc is likely to be cancelled.As others have said upthread it'll be a question of insurance and some kind of business confidentiality to sort out before any official word can be made.

One thing I would say that applies to myself as a self employed tradesmen working in residential properties, following government guidelines on returning to work,as well keeping distance from my customers, I must have all door and windows open when I'm working in any property to create good air flow and ventilation and I can't see any possibility of that at Olympia, especially in the autograph area..... if you know what I mean? Lol

They actually don't have all of Olympia any more as another event is now scheduled for the same weekend so LFCC will take place in a smaller space, which means we actually don't know what halls they have and where anything will be, so it's possible that they auto's might take place in the older halls with higher ceilings, but it's a moot point anyway because, yeah, the likelihood is that even a reduced LFCC won't be allowed to go ahead.

• DavidB locked and unpinned this topic