UPDATE: Comic Mart is postponed to 23rd May 2021

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

UPDATED: 14th January 2021

Monitoring the ongoing situation of the COVID-19 virus, that is rapidly moving day to day, we have decided to postpone the London Comic Mart/ London Pop Market that was due to take place on Sunday 7th February. At this moment in time we are working towards our next mart taking place on Sunday 23rd May pending developments in the coming weeks. Stay safe, and ensure you follow all recommended advice at this time.

Stay safe and well guys and we're thinking of you all...!
May I suggest that all of the Showmasters summer event's be cancelled until at least September October.
To see if it all dies down a bit and that venues open again.

Edited by aseefsid
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hope the comic mart will be open on the 23rd August, especially after the Government will have allowed the open of non essential etc (not that I consider comics ever non-essential). Looking forward to the event - hopefully it won't be reduced to a soulless experience by all the rules 

Disappointing about the August 23 rd as I was really looking forward to that. I had assumed you would have the event. Bit concerned about the 4th October, going to get closer and closer to the winter and the probably "second wave" ... hopefully it won't be cancelled again. I suspect ebay etc is doing well from comic fans at the moment

• 1 month later...

23rd May 2021 - looking forward to that. Hopefully with the vaccine rollout and summer kicking in, we will be back to a state where we can get back without too many worries on the 23rd. Be great to get back to the tables and buying books and comics etc again, I so miss it (buying on auction sites etc is just not the same)

• 3 months later...

23rd May is starting to seem a little too soon, but hey, there's still a month to go. Perhaps a different layout at the hotel, with slightly fewer tables allowing wider aisles so that we are able to keep a distance from other shoppers, would be an option? It's possible that there would be a limit on the number of people who could be inside at the same time, like supermarkets, which might be awkward, but sensible.