Question about CoronaVirus and LFCC.

Namine

Okay, so with the UK having this new coronavirus and numbers nearly hitting 500, is it worth worrying in case london film and comic con is cancelled as many stuff has been cancelled (other conventions that will not be named here) and flights etc?

Sorry about this, just I'm kinda a worry-wart when it comes to things like this.

Just now, Namine said:

Okay, so with the UK having this new coronavirus and numbers nearly hitting 500, is it worth worrying in case london film and comic con is cancelled as many stuff has been cancelled (other conventions that will not be named here) and flights etc?

Sorry about this, just I'm kinda a worry-wart when it comes to things like this.

You can worry if you want, but it's kind of pointless.

July is a long way away and literally nobody knows what the situation will be like then. I wouldn't go booking a hotel unless you know you can cancel it (but I'd suggest that anyway). In the meantime, just wash your hands often, and make sure you buy all the toilet paper you can find.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Pretty much what Nate says.  They won't comment until/unless they have something official to say as it's way to far in the future to know what the situation will be like in July or what the guests feelings will be on coming over.

And yes, don't book any hotels/travel unless they are cancellable or transferable, but that's good advice for cons anyway. (or make sure you get insurance that will cover stuff like this)

Unfortunately the situation may change at any time and if Showmasters need to make a decision they will do what's best for the show, the guests and the attendees and will let people know as soon as practical and there's nothing we can do about it.

Hopefully summer stuff will be less affected as it's far enough ahead that the spread will probably have reached everywhere by then if it's going to and I believe the warmer weather reduces illnesses like this as well.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 2

What my semi-official assistants have said.

Germany has over 1.000 cases by the way, and today the tickets for a large Computer convention went on sale. That's Held even later than LFCC. We can only wait and see. If the Government decides a ban SM will of Course cancel, but we are far away from that yet. The Rotterdam Show happened too despite the Netherlands having cases.

• Like 2