Getting In

Firstly, I apologise in advance if this information is on here somewhere already! :)

According to the weather forecast for tomorrow it's 'gusty winds and heavy rain.' Therefore, I was wandering, if they'll be indoor queuing before the doors open at 9.00am like there is in the Summer. If so what time are we let in?

Thanks all!

We don't know I'm afraid.  It's been confirmed that the main door is National which is out on the main road.  Last Spring it was the same and they had barriers set up on the side road nearest to the station where we queued first before they did load us into one of the halls for a bit before taking us out and round the front at opening time.  I can only imagine the set up will be the same but everyone from the office will be at the venue now setting up so I doubt we will get any more info at this point.

I'd suggest wrapping up well for the wet weather and hopefully you will be inside for the most part.

Last year the Hall was opened for queuing at 8 as well as collecting passes from the entrance foyer. I queued for 5 mins to collect my passes then walked straight into the hall then when it was 9 we were directed out of the hall and round to the side. Unless stated otherwise, I'll assume it's the same again. Spring is not summer so queuing doesn't need to open at 7.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Diabolik said:

Queuing to get in this morning is a joke. Queued one place from 6am and been moved 3 times, losing my place in the queue each time...

Yeah heard something about the queue being split into several lines and then managed badly letting them into the venue? 

On 2/29/2020 at 9:51 PM, Mayhem said:

Yeah heard something about the queue being split into several lines and then managed badly letting them into the venue? 

Yes, I’ve got to stress that this was the venue staff not SM, but I do feel an earlier appearance by SM staff is warranted at these events to minimise any disruption.

The venue staff don’t give 2 hoots that you may have queued from 5am and then get moved behind people who arrived 2 hours later and end up substantially down the queue. At least if someone from SM is there they can help reorganise the queue, if not prevent any of these misunderstandings from happening in the first place.

Also I should say that having us queue out in the wind and rain was shocking. I saw people queuing for their early photo shoot with Charles Dance soaked through. Furthermore one of my lithographs has water damage where the torrential rain seeped through my folder. 

8 minutes ago, Diabolik said:

Also I should say that having us queue out in the wind and rain was shocking. I saw people queuing for their early photo shoot with Charles Dance soaked through. Furthermore one of my lithographs has water damage where the torrential rain seeped through my folder. 

Queueing indoors is a luxury and not something you should expect. As we say in Norway "There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing".

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Queueing indoors is a luxury and not something you should expect. As we say in Norway "There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing".

I have to agree with this point. At many events there is the complaint about standing outdoors, no matter the weather, unfortunately I think people need to accept that this is just par for the course. 

Either that or accept that the cost of tickets will go up if companies have to hire other halls for holding areas pre-show. 

However it doesn't mean you can't vent your frustration about it. Absolutely nothing wrong with that! 

• Like 1

Considering last spring event they had us queueing inside the unused hall before being moved along to get in, I'm surprised this wasn't the case again this year. At least the queue handling was a lot better Sunday, and perfectly in line with what I would expect it to be conducted. Didn't stop a few folks walking down the main road and trying to join the queue by the National entrance before being redirected to the true end of the line by the train station by security!

• Like 1

That’s not the same and you know it...

The fact that SM have previously accommodated in-door queuing for these events completely undermines your attempt to ridicule me.

Early queuing at these events is a given, especially when diamond passes are not made available for some guests. In fact I’d go as far to say it’s encouraged by SM if you want to guarantee meeting any guest who will be in demand, hence their giving out VQ tickets. 

Ultimately I’m not moaning, I’m just trying to provide some constructive feedback to SM-we don’t all have a furry hide to cover our backs...