Gold Pass - value??

Doc Bones

I'm a little confused by the Gold Passes. I bought 2 for this event based on the description on the website of what the benefits are.

So, I get that I don't need VQ tickets for non-diamond guests. And I get to go into the event 5 mins early. I also get 2 autographs from guest (that I can't choose) up to the value of £10. 

But I am also supposed to get 2x diamond guest talk tickets of my choice up to £30 each - but there don't appear to be any!?!

I am also supposed to get "Prop photo" tickets to the value of £10 - are there any of these?? I can't see any details.

I'm not trying to be negative, but if they advertise a product and all of it's benefits, surely these should be available - or alternatives offered??

Usually the prop photos will be there on site and you take your ticket and use it there and then, usually  its a car like the delorean or similar.

There will be paid talks on the schedule and the talk tokens can be used for these. I personally don’t get gold for Spring as its not as busy but find it great for summer

6 minutes ago, Star Wars is Life said:

Usually the prop photos will be there on site and you take your ticket and use it there and then, usually  its a car like the delorean or similar.

There will be paid talks on the schedule and the talk tokens can be used for these. I personally don’t get gold for Spring as its not as busy but find it great for summer

3 minutes ago, Doc Bones said:

So the paid talks are not announced until the weekend? There is no mention on the schedule and no tickets available on the ticket site.

Unfortunately the only paid talk was Clark and he's cancelled.  I think this is something you would have to take up with the people in the office after the event, or perhaps see if there's anyone senior you can speak to at the event.  The moderators on here are volunteers and won't be able to help you with this themselves.

44 minutes ago, Doc Bones said:

OK - no problem. As I said, I'm not looking to cause an issue - I was just questioning the situation as what was advertised is not being delivered.

No problems as long as posts are polite, which you have been, and I understand your questions totally and would be asking the same if the situation were reversed.  Questions are allowed here and everyone will always try and help as much as they can.  I just wanted to let you know that unfortunately whilst we can suggest and speculate ultimately it comes down to something I think you would need to talk to the people in the office about directly simply because they are the only ones who will be able to officially comment on the situation.

Agree with above, I ‘always’ get a gold pass for the summer con, it’s worth it’s weight in gold.....:D

separate entrance, much less queuing and many talks in the summer.

I bought a gold pass last spring, and it was a waste, all the guests I met had small queues.

• Like 1

Cheers for that Ack Ack !! Makes me feel much better! It's been a while since I've been to a SM event but I've always really enjoyed them. I think the first one was Collectormania 4 back in Milton Keynes shopping centre days. I've bought Gold a few times - but went for it this time as I've not done a spring one before and didn't know how busy it would get. Also some of the guests are pretty big names (a couple have since cancelled) but the line up is still good. I guess I'll have more time for browsing the stalls - which might be dangerous!!