Video games played in 2020

Faerie Tanith

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished Resident Evil remastered for PS4.

Brought back a lot of good memories of playing the original, as well the frustration of those fixed camera angles!

Been playing Resident Evil Zero on hard mode but it's particularly unforgiving. Have had to admit defeat and restart the whole thing on normal setting so I can finish it.

J6xTtH2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Resident Evil 2 (PS4)

Back to Raccoon City for Leon and Claire as they try to survive hordes of the undead and the relentless figure of Mr X.

Great graphics and gameplay which is challenging even on normal level. The DLC levels are good but really difficult as resources are as scarce as toilet rolls.

Now playing Modern Warfare hiding behind Capt. Price's muttonchops trying not to get shot:ninja:

"Ready up!"

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Tropico 5 (PS4)

This is a world-building game where you oversee the development of the island of Tropico from a glorified village to a nuclear power, contending with invasion, rebellion and natural disasters along the way.

"Viva El Presidente!"

• 4 weeks later...

Alien_Isolation.jpg

ALIEN: ISOLATION

7.5/10

Massive fan of the films but this game was only alright. It was very repetitive and too long. All you do is walk around similar-looking corridors, flicking switches, pressing buttons and opening doors. Dodging the Alien got annoying after a while and the two space-walk missions were dull apart from the graphics.

I wish they made this into a movie instead because the story had great potential but it was lacking in character depth and closure (I hated the ending).There weren't even many cut scenes, only at the beginning it seems when you meet the first character, Axl. Even Aliens: Colonial Marines had a better story.

What also really annoyed me was that the writer's hadn't done their homework and acknowledged certain plot-points in the "Ripley's daughter scene" from Aliens: Special Edition ("Amy...I promised I'd be home for her birthday. Her 11th birthday.")  I didn't think it was scary at all either. 

Also I didn't get HOW Weyland-Yutani were able to salvage the Nostromo's flight recorder. Wasn't it onboard the Nostromo when it blew up OR still on the Narcissus with Ripley floating around in space????!!!!

Edited by nicky
  • Sad 1

I switched over to the switch so I kind of have a limits amount of games right now.

Crash Bandicoot trilogy- played this on the ps1 originally and realized that I missed playing this. Just as hard to play as the first time round. Well, mainly on the being chased levels.

Pokémon lets go pikachu- interesting. The only thing that annoys me about it is evolving a metapod and not getting confusion as a move, which puts me at a standstill....

Just dance 2017&2019- self explanatory.

Infectious madness of Doctor Dekker- Interesting characters.

Final Fantasy 7- After starting to play it I realized how much I missed playing it. Also the 3x speed is handy when it involves alot of running. Have been contemplating the remastered version but some things put me off.

Final Fantasy 8(remastered)- was surprised to see this one when I bought it mainly because the master copy of it was lost. So far it just looks as though the characters look more "in focus" so hopefully it plays the same as it did on ps1

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

COD Black Ops (PS3)

I'd forgotten what a great game this is, levels of breathless action with some great voice talent too (Gary Oldman, Ed Harris, Sam Worthington and Robert Picardo).

The bonus content is also cool, so much fun playing "Kino der Toten" and zombies arcade :-D