Sign in to follow this  
showmasters

DST returns to London for 2020 with 3 guests announced...

Back to where it all started in 2012, Destination Star Trek London makes a welcomed return to London at the ExCeL Exhibition Centre.  Taking place over the weekend of 13-15 November 2020, Destination Star Trek will bring you another amazing weekend of Star Trek fun, with great guests, a full talk schedule, board games and as an new feature - a Voyager bridge being specially created to celebrate the 25th anniversay of Janeways' Adventures.

Tickets are on sale now, with the first 3 guests already announced!

KATE MULGREW

JERI RYAN

ROXANN DAWSON

• Like 1

While I confess I had already found out about the event on the website, I am very excited about this. Hopefully, the idea will be to have as many of the Voyager cast as possible, similar to what was done for DS9's 25th in 2018. The only reason I haven't booked tickets yet is that the more of the cast are coming, the better package I will be buying. A good start here, I'm pleased for another chance to meet Kate Mulgrew after missing out in 2018 and Roxann Dawson is a "new" guest for me. Certainly going to get my picture taken on the Voyager set, a nice touch. If avaliable, maybe with Kate Mulgrew, that would be awesome!

BTW, in case you hadn't realised it by now, I'm something of a Voyager fan. :P

4 hours ago, Captain Lucas said:

While I confess I had already found out about the event on the website, I am very excited about this. Hopefully, the idea will be to have as many of the Voyager cast as possible, similar to what was done for DS9's 25th in 2018. The only reason I haven't booked tickets yet is that the more of the cast are coming, the better package I will be buying. A good start here, I'm pleased for another chance to meet Kate Mulgrew after missing out in 2018 and Roxann Dawson is a "new" guest for me. Certainly going to get my picture taken on the Voyager set, a nice touch. If avaliable, maybe with Kate Mulgrew, that would be awesome!

BTW, in case you hadn't realised it by now, I'm something of a Voyager fan. :P

You can usually upgrade your tickets, so you can buy a lower package if you want and then upgrade later, you just contact the shop and they will help you.

I would message the store first and ask if an upgrade is possible if you really consider going this way. Sometimes upgrades may not be possible.

Ahh OK, yes that is good advice.

1 hour ago, LOO said:

Is this event still going ahead..? 

At the moment it is unless it’s not. lol SM are most likely waiting till the last minute to make sure if it’s ok to go ahead with it or not.

These events attract thousands of people to attend, The way to look at these is when you start seeing fans going back for major sporting events like football etc then these events will go ahead. Until then I would write everything off this year and maybe next year too or until a cure is found for Covid... SM will only cancel once they are told by the venue etc because of Contracts. 

I think for the time being it will be Private Signings and Auction sites.  Cons will not be happening. Thats my opinion. :huh:

As if this moment it’s not advertised on the excel website :( it’s the 1st time I intended to do the whole weekend not just 1 day, luckily I only reserved premier inn and not paid upfront, 

however I mean this in total respect, with every other con now being cancelled and rearranged to 2021 and offering ticket exchange or refund of entry and photo money I think it’s time with less than 2 months before the show and infections rising again, 

the government putting restrictions in place and also that the excel is a nightingale hospital 

and also lots of people are in financial need being furloughed out

this really needs addressing as soon as possible for people to gauge the option available 

21 hours ago, kittkarr said:

As if this moment it’s not advertised on the excel website :( it’s the 1st time I intended to do the whole weekend not just 1 day, luckily I only reserved premier inn and not paid upfront, 

however I mean this in total respect, with every other con now being cancelled and rearranged to 2021 and offering ticket exchange or refund of entry and photo money I think it’s time with less than 2 months before the show and infections rising again, 

the government putting restrictions in place and also that the excel is a nightingale hospital 

and also lots of people are in financial need being furloughed out

this really needs addressing as soon as possible for people to gauge the option available 

Only going based off what I have seen posted in explanation from other organisers, but it's not as simple as SM just saying 'lets cancel it, OK done'   They have contracts with cancellation penalties in play with guests, venue's suppliers ect, so they can't just call it all off, all the contracts have to be legally voided or they will have penalties to pay if they are the ones to cancel.

Hopefully it won't be long until we get an update on both upcoming events.

• Like 1