Sign in to follow this  
kelspook

Question about ticket packages

Hiya, been looking at the various packages and am now very confused.

It says you get 5 autos included in the commander package. It then says these take the form of 3 x vouchers for the autos, with a 20 euro face value each. It also says you can't use them as partial payment. None of the autos are less than 25 euros. So that makes those unusable. Can I get some clarification please as I am not dropping 600 quid to then have to pay extra to get the guests autographs that I and my partner want. On initial reading it looked good value, allowed for myself and my other half to get everyone between us. Now I am not so sure!

Thanks.

deleted

Edited by Raylenth

The guest list is not complete yet.There will be guests charging 20 Euro you can use the vouchers on.

7 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

The guest list is not complete yet.There will be guests charging 20 Euro you can use the vouchers on.

That doesnt answer the question really. Do I get 5 autos included? Please clarify what exactly I get for a commander ticket regarding autographs as your website is worded extremely badly. 

Basically it sounds like you get 5 autos and to pay for them you get 3 vouchers? which equate to 60 euros. And then these will be for guests who are only, what, 15 euros per auto to get your 5 autos and if that is the case that isn't value for money at all. 

We have done many Chevron and hub events where we have gone gold ticket and you got all your autos, all your photos and a meet and greet. I get that these guests are more expensive, but this seems excessive if all you get is 3 x 20 euro vouchers.

Please clarify how this works. 

Sorry, the way I read your post there wasn't an actual question. The only thing I felt I could respond to was the vouchers being unusable, which is what I replied to.  I did not read your post as you wanting the whole system explained at all. Sorry if my response annoyed you. 

You get 5 autographs for the Commander Package, that is correct. 

Of these 5 you get 2 assigned autographs. That's one Captain level (or similar) and one bridge crew level (or similar).

Those names are not planned guest announcements, I am just using names for reference. Captain level would mean Kate, Scott Bakula, Patrick Stewart etc. I think Jeri Ryan was also put in that bracket when she appeared last time, and I want to say Nichelle Nichols too. Bridge Crew level would mean Marina Sirtis,  Brent Spiner, Michael Dorn etc. 

Those 2 are assigned to your ticket. You have those two safe. But: You can't change your assignment. If let's say there'd be Scott and Patrick appearing and you'd be assigned Scott but want Patrick you can't change that. 

The other 3 of the 5 autographs are vouchers, that is correct. You can pick any guest charging 20 Euro and use those vouchers on them. I will try to find out if you could use those vouchers on 15 Euro guests, cause from the wording on the website that is not entirely clear. I genuinely have no idea if there even will be 15 Euro guests. It seems 20 Euro is becoming the going norm in Germany.

Destination Star Trek is a bit of a hybrid between the Hub/Chevron style hotel conventions and LFCC. Thus the system looks pretty weird in the first place.  

It used to be that way that all autographs were assigned in the Commander Package. That was changed because the attendees wanted a bit more flexibility.

Including all autographs at Commander Level would not work because there's too many guests. Hub and Chevron have 5 to maybe 10 guests. I am aware that The Hub has had pretty large guest lists before, but those guests were UK based and often appearing one day only, thus no significant travel costs etc. that had to be taken into account. 

If the package doesn't seem good for you maybe get a Standard Ticket and add on the autographs? That would be the best way to make sure you get all autographs you and your partner really want, unless you want to buy the Admiral package.

Hi, didn't mean to sound snarky, I was just confused like.

Okay, will need to have a think, as three vouchers for mystery guests in the 3rd jaffa to the right category isn't a very good deal to be honest, and if the captain and bridge crew level ones are pre assigned and not changeable that isn't great either- we don't really want to get the same ones given how expensive this event is. Admiral would be lovely but I don't have a spare 6 grand lying around lol. Maybe if I win the lottery in the interim...

Thanks for the info.

27 minutes ago, kelspook said:

Hi, didn't mean to sound snarky, I was just confused like.

Okay, will need to have a think, as three vouchers for mystery guests in the 3rd jaffa to the right category isn't a very good deal to be honest, and if the captain and bridge crew level ones are pre assigned and not changeable that isn't great either- we don't really want to get the same ones given how expensive this event is. Admiral would be lovely but I don't have a spare 6 grand lying around lol. Maybe if I win the lottery in the interim...

Thanks for the info.

As Queen mentioned it might be worth just doing entry then and buying all the auto's/photo's you want on top of that - that way you are only paying for the people you want.