TV shows watched in 2020

Raylenth

28 minutes ago, mark worton said:

Watched the new All creatures great & small last night made for pleasant viewing though I can remember watching the original giving my age away now lol

How times did somebody have a casual conversation with their hand stuck up a cow's bum?

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, mark worton said:

prepare yourself to sing :D

I shall watch that particular episode on DVD so I get the full version. I shall sing all of Willow's lines.

12 hours ago, wjbleming said:

I so want to see that!

If a big convention ever happens again (let's hope not), we shall have a forum karaoke session.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2020 at 11:07 AM, natedammit said:

Buffdate: I have now started Season 6. Christ, the start of this season is so damn sad. It's a good thing I don't suffer from feelings.

Correction: the entirety of S6 is extremely depressing. In my mind there was more levity from 'The Trio', but nope. The ending is one of my favourites with Xander saving the world. With his mouth. But seriously, so very depressing. I loved it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Raised By Wolves.  It's an interesting series and it's by Ridley Scott.  There's a lot going on with back stories and mysteries being revealed as the series progress - it's one of those where you need answers to lots of things and wait ages for it, and finally get one thing answered just to have loads of new questions open up.  By the end of series 1, it definitely had Alien feels to it which isn't a surprise really given that it's about androids and human's trying to colonise a semi hostile new planet.  Ultimately it's an interesting series, and I definitely wanted to watch each episode to find out what is going on, but I can also see it being it's downfall.  It's been renewed already for a second series which is good, but I can see people tailing off watching it as the plot and backstory get more complex and it being cancelled.

I'll be happy to be wrong and for it to be a huge success, but I really see it as ending up having a small audience that gets smaller.

• 3 weeks later...

The Colour Of Magic/Hogfather/Going Postal I love the Pratchett books so finally getting the chance to see the Sky adaptions was great.  I thought they were well written and really embodied the spirit of the Discworld.

Death To 2020 - it was only just over an hour long and it seemed like it whizzed by which was good as it wasn't boring.  It wasn't uproariously funny or anything but it was amusing and well worth a watch.