TV shows watched in 2020

Raylenth

13 hours ago, Faerie Tanith said:

I finished The Good Place last week and I cried buckets. I have severe depression anyway but I don't remember the last time I cried that hard. 

It was a good cry, don't get me wrong. One of the most satisfying show endings I've ever seen. 

But is is funny though?

• 2 weeks later...

The stranger  - 8 episodes 45 minutes long great for my attention span really enjoyed it

Smallville season 8 and 9 - been rewatching smallville since September of 2019 at some point this year I might actually finish it wish me luck

Titans season 2 - I think i lost what this was about half way though which is annoying because I enjoyed season 1

True Blood- rewatch for me I just love the way Bill says SOOKKKIIIEEEEE

You season 2- creepy but at the same time it goes to show that even a guy weho is murdering someone can txt his girlfriend a message I cant even get one after 24 hours

Piccard - Loving this more than I thought I would you go Patrick Stewart

Started the witcher I dont know why got up to episode 2 and struggled need to just sit and restart and give it my full attention

Need to have some suggestions I have sky, amazon and netflix so any welcome

so far I have watched mad men- watched one episode, struggled with the second. Probably won't continue it.

peaky blinders- one episode so far in and I like it, was told that I wouldn't. Was actually half way through the second episode and had to turn it off (Must have gone off to help with something)

deadwater fell- Interesting series. Trailers made it seem like a mystery like broadchurch, but didn't seem it when I watched it. My guess was predictable.

good omens- love the series way too much. (I cant count how many times I've watched it anymore....)

being human- Never caught up, so catching up now. On series 2 at the moment.

Edited by maegurwen

Messiah - very interesting, I don't want to spoil anything by going into details in case anyone here has it on their to-watch list but it's well-acted, has an engaging story, and it keeps you guessing (and second-guessing lol). 

• 2 weeks later...

A Christmas Carol (2019 BBC).  You can't really go wrong with anything Dickens related as the stories are so well known.  Guy Pearce does well in the title role, flipping between fond remembrance and cynical miser with aplomb.

It's a good adaption of it and is suitably atmospheric though a lot darker than any other version I've seen, there was one tiny part I didn't like where they had put their own flair on an aspect of the story, but it was a minor issue.

I however can't watch any version of ACC, no matter how seriously it's portrayed, without 'Here comes Mr Humbug, Here Comes Mister Scrooge' rolling around in my head.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

I however can't watch any version of ACC, no matter how seriously it's portrayed, without 'Here comes Mr Humbug, Here Comes Mister Scrooge' rolling around in my head.

I hate myself for this, but it's There goes Mr Humbug, there goes Mr Grim. Not the point I know I know! I'll see myself out of the thread now.

8 minutes ago, Broo said:

I hate myself for this, but it's There goes Mr Humbug, there goes Mr Grim. Not the point I know I know! I'll see myself out of the thread now.

Lol, no worries, I knew the lyrics were different as it's actually come up recently, but I couldn't be arsed to look them up. :lol:

• Like 1

White House Farm - Eventually got around to watching this. I love a "true life crime dramatisation". As someone who remembers all the publicity surrounding the case it was interesting to see how the tenacity of one detective bought about events to bring the true killer to justice. Excellent performances all round especially Freddie Fox (Bamber) and Mark Addy (DS Jones). 9/10

Good Omens - Darn near perfect adaptation. The whole cast were excellent. Brilliant performances,  writing and production. Enjoyable from start to finish. 10/10

Lost in Space (Netflix series 2).  LIS is annoying in many ways, the Robinsons are almost perfect and may have a minor flaw every now and again for the sake of the plot but they over come whatever it was to go back to being perfect.  Smith is annoying in her almost dastardly evil mastermind ways with a backstory thrown in to explain/make you sympathetic when she has moments of true morality before going back to who she really is, some of the lines are really cliche and you can say them to yourself before they do because you know they are about to say it, and some of the plot is very predictable (rubbish compactor scene in particular).

Despite all that though it is a good series and enjoyable to watch for the most part.  Will is go down as my favourite?  No, bot even close.  Would I watch it again?  No.  But I'd not say not to watch it as it is still good and I'm certainly going to watch series 3, which I think is officially the last one.  

I do have to say that the last episode of S2 was in particular a good one and and excellent way to leave it for the start of the next one.

Avenue 5.  I'd describe it like an upscale Red Dwarf.  It's an amusing series about a load of mostly incompetent people stuck on a cruise spaceship after an accident renders them 3 years from getting back from Earth.  I'll definitely be looking forward to the next series when it comes out

• 2 weeks later...

Agatha And The Curse Of Ishtar.  Supposedly a fictionalised account of Christie's time in Iraq.  I wasn't paying a massive amount of attention, the plot wasn't exactly complicated or even overly engaging.  Not a spectacular program by any stretch but not awful either.  If it was nearing the end of quarantine and it was one of the few things you had left I'd say sure, give it a go, but otherwise watch other stuff first.

On 4/3/2020 at 7:42 PM, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Breeders (Sky One) - Not exactly laugh out loud funny but certainly an amusing comedy. Think a more adult version of Outnumbered and you get the gist. Plus Martin Freeman is in it. 

I've not watched it yet