Jump to content
Broo

General Chat

Recommended Posts

I still have to go to work but have the rest of this week off. Interested to see whether or not my store will have shut by next week, but I doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Namine said:

I got a email from Asda last night about extended opening times for the elderly and vulnerable being at 6am as well as Tesco now are limiting how many items one person can have now due to the coronavirus pandemic as they've now removed all traces of their "multibuy" offers and telling everybody that they can only have one item such as hand sanitiser or one big pack of toilet paper etc per shop and not per person, which will make it easier for people to get them imo.

Yeah I just saw a tweet from Tesco saying the OAP/vulnerable only has been extended to Mon, Wed and Fri from 9-10 which is really good.  It's not in any Express stores but that will be a real big help as it gives them more safety than all having to try and get in during the one hour only.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hey guys, hope everyone here is well. I seem to have picked a good week to use up my leftover holiday hours, that’s for sure! Work is still open for me unfortunately, although we’re all hoping for closure by next week but it isn’t likely. 

On the bright side, I managed to unlock an old laptop to install a bunch of my old games so I think I’m all set for a potential lockdown. :lol:

Edited by scoopsahoy
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So just been watching BBC1 and Boris Johnson PM came out and said that he wants the coronavirus gone within twelve weeks with people taking lots more precautions than before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Namine said:

So just been watching BBC1 and Boris Johnson PM came out and said that he wants the coronavirus gone within twelve weeks with people taking lots more precautions than before.

Watching just now myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2020 at 3:04 PM, wjbleming said:

Still in the office. Still no decision on how to go about the virus. Discussions ongoing but could find out anytime between an hour and 5 weeks.

Well, that was fun. Practically no change. Alternating days/weeks has been scrapped and it’s business as usual. If you have an underlying health condition you’ve to use your Annual Leave and it’s being “looked into” having a conference room freed up to spread people out, the earliest this happening being tomorrow. Yay. <_<

  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard we may all potentially be getting a grand each to help us through this trying time. I certainly wouldn't say no to that as it's more than I'd earn in two months. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Yeah I just saw a tweet from Tesco saying the OAP/vulnerable only has been extended to Mon, Wed and Fri from 9-10 which is really good.  It's not in any Express stores but that will be a real big help as it gives them more safety than all having to try and get in during the one hour only.

It's an excellent idea. Though I think Tesco should do an earlier time like other supermarkets. Most Tesco's open at 6am. That's 3 hours for some people to be stockpiling. Some are buying so much I am surprised they don't take the fixtures and fittings as well! Wish they'd just think of others. Especially the less able. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Faerie Tanith said:

I've heard we may all potentially be getting a grand each to help us through this trying time. I certainly wouldn't say no to that as it's more than I'd earn in two months. 

where was that said?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wjbleming said:

Well, that was fun. Practically no change. Alternating days/weeks has been scrapped and it’s business as usual. If you have an underlying health condition you’ve to use your Annual Leave and it’s being “looked into” having a conference room freed up to spread people out, the earliest this happening being tomorrow. Yay. <_<

I do appreciate many companies can't do working from home by the very nature of the work but if they can and have the resources it's pretty sucky.  We can only hope that with the amount of people who are at home it gives a bit of extra protection.

 

49 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

It's an excellent idea. Though I think Tesco should do an earlier time like other supermarkets. Most Tesco's open at 6am. That's 3 hours for some people to be stockpiling. Some are buying so much I am surprised they don't take the fixtures and fittings as well! Wish they'd just think of others. Especially the less able. 

Waitrose is now every day for the first hour and I agree with the Tesco thing, it's good but it could be better.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve managed to get a local farm shop to deliver meat, fruit and vegetables to us next week basically whatever they can give us, but they said there’s no chickens left in our area because the battery farms are empty??

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

We’ve managed to get a local farm shop to deliver meat, fruit and vegetables to us next week basically whatever they can give us, but they said there’s no chickens left in our area because the battery farms are empty??

There's no batteries left in our area because all the chicken farms are empty.

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

I do appreciate many companies can't do working from home by the very nature of the work but if they can and have the resources it's pretty sucky.  We can only hope that with the amount of people who are at home it gives a bit of extra protection.

Likewise, the option is there to work from home, but it’s been pointed out by colleagues that, due to the nature of the job, there’s the possibility it can breach a few things.
 

Agreed. There’s already 4 self isolating from the office, with them all dropping out yesterday, iirc (My days are kinda mixed up having St. Patrick’s Day off. XD), but they’re all precautionary and not confirmed as having COVID-19 at the moment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aww look at the cute bunny playing with the toilet paper. :wub:

bunny-toilet-gif-3.gif

But I hope it isn't stockpiling any more!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The saddest thing I’ve seen today is people bulk buying Nintendo Switches and selling them online for £700, found someone who has bought 25 from eBay today! :headscratch:

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, scoopsahoy said:

Work is still open for me unfortunately, although we’re all hoping for closure by next week but it isn’t likely.

Well, we’ve had a disappointing update. Higher up don’t seem too interested in closing us and have offered very little support. Ironically, if we wanted to phone head office for any advice on the matter we would be speaking to someone who was given the option to work from home. Oh, the joys of retail! <_<

I think this situation will be a very eye-opening experience for a lot of us in regards to how our places of work prioritise profit over employees.

  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, R4wly97 said:

The saddest thing I’ve seen today is people bulk buying Nintendo Switches and selling them online for £700, found someone who has bought 25 from eBay today! :headscratch:

Why even???

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, R4wly97 said:

The saddest thing I’ve seen today is people bulk buying Nintendo Switches and selling them online for £700, found someone who has bought 25 from eBay today! :headscratch:

:blink::headscratch:

What in the heck. I think people are more concerned with food at the mo. I would think that they would have a problem selling them.

Edited by maegurwen
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maegurwen said:

:blink::headscratch:

What in the heck. I think people are more concerned with food at the mo. I would think that they would have a problem selling them.

You would think that but people are still bidding on them! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kurdamoni said:

Why even???

I think they are targeting parents who are trying to find something for their kids to do now they’re off school??

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

I think they are targeting parents who are trying to find something for their kids to do now they’re off school??

Yeah, they will probably be desperate for something to keep the kids quiet but personally I'd give them a good clip around the ear and a jigsaw.  Far cheaper :lol:

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Yeah, they will probably be desperate for something to keep the kids quiet but personally I'd give them a good clip around the ear and a jigsaw.  Far cheaper :lol:

Kid and parents:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51af40d837d4c84d8b238

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very sad times 

 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The key stages to working from home now the kids are also off.

Stage 1

The Simpsons Homer Simpson GIF - TheSimpsons HomerSimpson BartSimpson GIFs

Stage 2

Doctor Who Shut Up GIF - DoctorWho ShutUp JustShutUp GIFs

Stage 3

Mondays GIF - CobieSmulders Sad Crying GIFs

Stage 4

Mental Rocking GIF - Mental Rocking Crazy GIFs

Stage 5

Family The Incredibles GIF - Family TheIncredibles Hug GIFs

Keep safe! :wub:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

The key stages to working from home now the kids are also off.

Stage 1

The Simpsons Homer Simpson GIF - TheSimpsons HomerSimpson BartSimpson GIFs

Stage 2

Doctor Who Shut Up GIF - DoctorWho ShutUp JustShutUp GIFs

Stage 3

Mondays GIF - CobieSmulders Sad Crying GIFs

Stage 4

Mental Rocking GIF - Mental Rocking Crazy GIFs

Stage 5

Family The Incredibles GIF - Family TheIncredibles Hug GIFs

Keep safe! :wub:

I like stage 2 :wub:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...