General Chat

Broo

6 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

This is so me. I used to just do LFCC, so I could spend big. Then I just had to go to a con in December, so it became 'lets just have a cheaper LFCC'. Now I'm going to a con abroad in March, so it became 'lets not do LFCC'. Then Riz Ahmed was announced so it became 'just go and get him on your Rogue One poster'. Following this week of announcements, i'm resigned to the the fact that it'll probably be LFCC as normal, so I'm trying to pick up extra shifts at work

Lfcc use to be just the only con available now everywhere has one, last year I did 7 different cons including lfcc spring and summer this year I have 6 again spread out, the good thing is there is always someone new at lfcc and i dont get upset if I dont get them because I have to set a budget i use to spend about 2-3000 at lfcc each year had to cut back but it doesnt hold me back

1 hour ago, DCGIRL1987 said:

Lfcc use to be just the only con available now everywhere has one, last year I did 7 different cons including lfcc spring and summer this year I have 6 again spread out, the good thing is there is always someone new at lfcc and i dont get upset if I dont get them because I have to set a budget i use to spend about 2-3000 at lfcc each year had to cut back but it doesnt hold me back

Yeah that's so true.

I like to try and make each con I go to a big event. So I'm doing lots of things over that weekend, as opposed to going to an event for one or two guests. LFCC works perfectly for that, but often my budget doesn't stretch to doing that multiple times a year. It means I have to exercise a lot of self control if I see a 'must meet' being advertised somewhere else. More money for Showmasters though :P and I'm never disappointed with my choice

Edited by tenaciouspirit

1 hour ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

The Timeless Children will begin any minute now. Good luck Whovians. :lol:

I am in a state of shock. Chibnall can write an excellent episode of Doctor Who. That was amazing. For me he even managed not to undo the programme's 50+ year history. :clap:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I'm with Queen on this one, there's a lot in there I liked, but there's an equal amount which I'm not too happy about.

I'm giving Jodie another chance for next season. But I think Chibs needs to go quickly and hand it back to Russel T Davies or Moffatt at least

• Like 2

I do have to agree. While I did very much enjoy it (and find it to be one of Chibnall’s better episodes than others) there are some aspects about it that I wasn’t that impressed with but as I said, perhaps I just need a chance to sit and watch through it again. 

One thing I will say is that I’ve found myself warming to Jodie a lot more this season. Personally I do believe that she needs better material to work with in regards to the writing of the Doctor’s character but I have enjoyed her performance in quite a few episodes.

Edited by scoopsahoy
  • Like 2

I watched it live and have now processed what I witnessed and I think I’ve come to the conclusion that I did like the episode, it was gutsy I agree, some things that happened I’m not sure about still, one thing in particular, but overall I think it was a good finale and I think Sacha Dhawan’s performance as the Master was incredible!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

It's been confirmed 2 cast members in Doctor Who will be leaving after Revelation of the Daleks. Another is seemingly staying for series 13.

If what I’ve read is true then I’m not overly pleased with who’s leaving but hopefully the remaining companion is given a chance to shine. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, scoopsahoy said:

If what I’ve read is true then I’m not overly pleased with who’s leaving but hopefully the remaining companion is given a chance to shine. 

Yeah I agree there was one in particular I wanted to stay but yes, the remaining companion will have their moment now I’m sure 

Edited by R4wly97
  • Like 2