General Chat

Broo

On 9/18/2020 at 8:57 AM, natedammit said:

Well let's hope so, although technically the restriction is on 'social gatherings' (my least favourite kind of gathering), and technically LFCC could be deemed not a 'social gathering' but a 'marketplace', so technically blahblahblah.

Yeah, like you said, it's almost certainly not happening. I think SM are just waiting for something official that they can use as a reason 'postponing' i.e. for insurance, cancelling venue / guests, other reasons we don't know about.

Of course, this Government don't seem keen to say something like 'nothing over 5000 until next year', like some other countries have said. I blame football, who are desperate to get crowds back. There's still supposed to be a rugby match at Twickenham next month with 20,000 supporters.

I've seen other events say 'we are going ahead because we are a market place and not a social gathering' so some are trying that.

4 hours ago, AckAck said:

This may go the same way as a certain Stateside con, as a virtual event.

2 minute one-on-one video chat with guests.

Autographs

Talks

etc

Probably shouldn’t post this, but hey....it may give the organisers some ideas.

I'm surprised SM haven't done any private signings at the least.

• Like 1

Literally every other event from various companies has been postponed until next year. With ol’ BoJo himself stating he’s expecting a second wave incoming, travellers from other countries having to isolate for 2 weeks, there’s surely no way the biggest ComicCon of the year is happening this year. 
if SM decide that it goes ahead, I can’t see the venue ok’ing it, risking their staff and reputation. Fingers crossed next year is better!

On 9/19/2020 at 8:23 PM, Raylenth said:

I've seen other events say 'we are going ahead because we are a market place and not a social gathering' so some are trying that.

I'm surprised SM haven't done any private signings at the least.

There’s a whole bunch of Star Wars private signings scheduled for next month.

19 hours ago, gobo1979uk said:

6 months semi-lockdown. Well thats the Winter and Spring events humped. Roll on LFCC Summer 2021 (maybe).

Too soon to know for sure, I'm afraid... But I hope the summer event will be held. I don't think Spring is an option to be honest....

• Like 1

Have to say, not having done an event for 7 months now I’m not sure I really miss it. 

i was going to sit out Winter anyway, possibly Spring. 

I might even qualify for the medical badge now after an unexpected last two months. 

Bank balance is a lot more healthy though. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, TerraHawk said:

Have to say, not having done an event for 7 months now I’m not sure I really miss it.

I guess I miss certain aspects, but I'm more and more doubting if it's all worth the effort. I'm not a fan of effort.

17 minutes ago, TerraHawk said:

Bank balance is a lot more healthy though. 

Yeah, between this and my holidays being cancelled I'm now a millionaire. Well, maybe not, but I'm a thousandaire. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Next Doctor Who project involving small, fiddly parts. With nearly 200000 plastic 'diamonds' to stick onto a canvas picture this is going to be a real labour of love. Hopefully the finished product will be worth it :D

71nEFrbBwuL

Where do you stick them?

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 9:54 AM, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Next Doctor Who project involving small, fiddly parts. With nearly 200000 plastic 'diamonds' to stick onto a canvas picture this is going to be a real labour of love. Hopefully the finished product will be worth it :D

71nEFrbBwuL

where did you get it? I've got things to occupy myself with at the moment (doctor who audio books, Anime, tv series etc.) but just on the off chance that I don't want to do any of that or I miraculously get through everything first, it might be something interesting to do.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, maegurwen said:

where did you get it? I've got things to occupy myself with at the moment (doctor who audio books, Anime, tv series etc.) but just on the off chance that I don't want to do any of that or I miraculously get through everything first, it might be something interesting to do.

Amazon*

*Other online retailers may be available. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, natedammit said:

So, like, how many gem things to a face? I'm just wondering if/how they'd still be recognisable.

Don't know the exact number but the gem things are only a couple of millimetres in size. I am going to be very disappointed if they're not recognisable. Time will tell. 

1 hour ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Don't know the exact number but the gem things are only a couple of millimetres in size. I am going to be very disappointed if they're not recognisable. Time will tell. 

Cool. Cool cool cool. Obviously I'd personally prefer just one big one to cover a certain someone's face, but each to their own I guess.