General Chat

Broo

1 hour ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

My  'Build Your Own'  TARDIS has arrived. This could all go horribly wrong. 

1598719282785-066640f9-0635-4803-8f33-c0fc953abe34

Must admit I wasn't expecting it to be quite so small. Maybe it's bigger on the inside. 

Oo please send pics when finished! :wub:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

My  'Build Your Own'  TARDIS has arrived. This could all go horribly wrong. 

1598719282785-066640f9-0635-4803-8f33-c0fc953abe34

Must admit I wasn't expecting it to be quite so small. Maybe it's bigger on the inside. 

If I learned anything from doing the Dalek it's look ahead before you do anything.  You literally only get a bend or 2 before it'll snap so you really don't want to be having to bend bits more than a couple of times.  So look at the piece, and what shape you need to bend each corner into, plan what tool you will use so you can hopefully do it in one go, and don't faff wiggling it back and forth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

Oo please send pics when finished! :wub:

TARDIS update  - 2 hours of faffing with small flimsy bits of metal and several Malcolm Tucker moments and we have a roof. I'm feeling it's only a matter of time before I admit defeat and purchase a different ready assembled version. :uhoh:

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, cailesy said:

Hi is this conventions still going ahead

Hi Cailsey, Showmasters have said the convention is still going ahead unless they decide otherwise. Showmasters have said they’ll give an update in September so we’ll know if it’s being cancelled in the next few weeks at most. :smile:

11 hours ago, wjbleming said:

Hi Cailsey, Showmasters have said the convention is still going ahead unless they decide otherwise. Showmasters have said they’ll give an update in September so we’ll know if it’s being cancelled in the next few weeks at most. :smile:

Well, unless the update is "we don't know yet, we'll let you know... in a bit".

17 hours ago, Mayhem said:

With the new restriction on meeting, it went from "maybe" to almost certainly "no" imo...

Well let's hope so, although technically the restriction is on 'social gatherings' (my least favourite kind of gathering), and technically LFCC could be deemed not a 'social gathering' but a 'marketplace', so technically blahblahblah.

Yeah, like you said, it's almost certainly not happening. I think SM are just waiting for something official that they can use as a reason 'postponing' i.e. for insurance, cancelling venue / guests, other reasons we don't know about.

Of course, this Government don't seem keen to say something like 'nothing over 5000 until next year', like some other countries have said. I blame football, who are desperate to get crowds back. There's still supposed to be a rugby match at Twickenham next month with 20,000 supporters.

This may go the same way as a certain Stateside con, as a virtual event.

2 minute one-on-one video chat with guests.

Autographs

Talks

etc

Probably shouldn’t post this, but hey....it may give the organisers some ideas.

Edited by AckAck
Removed event link

no AckAck, I bellieeve it is against the rules to mentioon other con coompanies, it might b an idea to edit that

35 minutes ago, AckAck said:

This may go the same way New York Comicon October 2020 has, as a virtual event.

2 minute one-on-one video chat with guests.

Autographs

Talks

etc

Probably shouldn’t post this, but hey....it may give the organisers some ideas.

https://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/