General Chat

Broo

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Well, I have vacuumed the s*** out of my sitting room.  I feel so accomplished.  Yay adulting.

Why was your sitting room so full of s*** in the first place? 

Edited by natedammit

1 hour ago, wjbleming said:

Boat away then! ;)

Meh, my dingy dinghy has a puncture

49 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Why was your sitting room so full of s*** in the first place? 

Because there's no toilet paper!  

3 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Well, I have vacuumed the s*** out of my sitting room.  I feel so accomplished.  Yay adulting.

I've had a very accomplished afternoon. Managed to follow a 15 page document to connect my laptop to the hospital computer. And with no swearing (or Malcolm Tucker moments as I like to call them). Means I will be able to work from home once a week. Yay. Go me. :dance:

• Like 3

Remember that signed item I mentioned receiving a little while ago? It was a poster signed by a musician I really like. Well, I finally got around to opening it today, and would you believe me if I told you that the poster itself was fine, but there's no autograph in sight. :( Had to contact the place I got it from (the musician's official store) to ask if there's anything they can do about it but I doubt it since they're sold out now. 

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Sad 5

42 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Remember that signed item I mentioned receiving a little while ago? It was a poster signed by a musician I really like. Well, I finally got around to opening it today, and would you believe me if I told you that the poster itself was fine, but there's no autograph in sight. :( Had to contact the place I got it from (the musician's official store) to ask if there's anything they can do about it but I doubt it since they're sold out now. 

Under the Consumer Rights Act if you've paid for a signed poster that is what you should receive. Otherwise the company should make recompense. Presumably you'd prefer the signed copy but unfortunately they may be able to refund the difference between a signed and unsigned poster. Disappointing though when you've waited for it. :(

1 minute ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Under the Consumer Rights Act if you've paid for a signed poster that is what you should receive. Otherwise the company should make recompense. Presumably you'd prefer the signed copy but unfortunately they may be able to refund the difference between a signed and unsigned poster. Disappointing though when you've waited for it. :(

Even better than that, on the website there wasn't even the option to get an unsigned version of this poster. :lol:

Guess they'll have to refund me the whole thing. :P

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

2 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Even better than that, on the website there wasn't even the option to get an unsigned version of this poster. :lol:

Guess they'll have to refund me the whole thing. :P

A full refund and you have a one off item. Not quite the same though. :smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

I've had a very accomplished afternoon. Managed to follow a 15 page document to connect my laptop to the hospital computer. And with no swearing (or Malcolm Tucker moments as I like to call them). Means I will be able to work from home once a week. Yay. Go me. :dance:

Did you see EE are offering NHS staff unlimited wifi until November?

1 hour ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

That sucks, and yeah, it's not the main point but hopefully if they can sort it for you, great, and if not demand a full refund.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Ooh, I wonder if it was the same artist that I recently received an unsigned signed poster from?

17 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I randomly received this autograph the other day that didn't have a poster. It's not the one you're missing is it?

WXUYdc9.jpg

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

Well I was going to but I didn’t want to steal @Peter Capaldi Fan thunder but...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PETER!!!!!

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51afe69aa158636e7cd07
giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a6b0a6717fb7e35cbda
giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51aec156deeabe00e0095

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a7e136360b45e7c2b97
giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a7e136360b45e7c2b97
giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51ae3fe422da84e8e8f6d

If I had been first people would think I had an unhealthy obsession with this man. 

12th-doctor-gif-3.gif

Coming Peter :wub:

Edited by Peter Capaldi Fan
Addition
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2