General Chat

Broo

24 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

How? If it's hand delivery I volunteer to take one for the team (from a socially safe distance of course). :whistling:

Haha no you email your letter or video clip to them and then they’ll send everyone’s together to his agent ^_^

5 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Great. Are you able to post the details on here?

I’ve got the Instagram account of the lady who is organising it, she has got Twitter as well, if you just say you want to participate she will sort things out with you, you can send either a video message, letter, birthday card or charity donation, the charity donation is to Coram this year :thumbup:

Instagram: brendaculver12 

Twitter: @/bmax67

Edited by R4wly97
  • Thanks 1

As during the lockdown you can be stopped by the police to check you have only done essential shopping I need to get my story straight. Just a quick practice.

"Yes Officer. I do consider bread, milk, a dozen bottles of wine and 20 extra large chocolate bars to be essential shopping"

Sorted. :D

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

As during the lockdown you can be stopped by the police to check you have only done essential shopping I need to get my story straight. Just a quick practice.

"Yes Officer. I do consider bread, milk, a dozen bottles of wine and 20 extra large chocolate bars to be essential shopping"

I just want to know how am I meant to keep my alcoholism fuelled with a three bottle limit on wine? Damn you Morrisons!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Chocolate is definitely essential

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Ravogd said:

I just want to know how am I meant to keep my alcoholism fuelled with a three bottle limit on wine? Damn you Morrisons!

Easy. You go out for 3, the send each member of your family out for 3 bottles at a time. Job done. Now you just need to find out who you’re still on good terms with. lol

8 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Apparently they fining people for having crisps in their baskets as well, CRISPS!!! 

I need my Pringles!! :lol:

Pringles are DEFINITELY a necessity! I think there's a lot of misinformation flying about about what is and isn't a necessity. I've not seen any evidence of shops policing more that a 3 item limit not what the items are. Off licenses are still open. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Pringles are DEFINITELY a necessity! I think there's a lot of misinformation flying about about what is and isn't a necessity. I've not seen any evidence of shops policing more that a 3 item limit not what the items are. Off licenses are still open. 

If it's unhealthy consider it a luxury rather than a necessity. But as we could all do with a bit of cheering up that now makes everything unhealthy a necessity. Now where did I put my packet of triple chocolate chip cookies?

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Yeah I think it’s just the odd supermarket where this has been happening, I totally understand the limit of 3 on each item, but fining people for purchasing certain items is just bizarre! We all need some form of luxury right now even if it’s a just a bar of chocolate!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

Apparently they fining people for having crisps in their baskets as well, CRISPS!!! 

I need my Pringles!! :lol:

never heard of that one. :blink:

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 11:52 PM, Ravogd said:

Hmm, is it on three of the same bottle of wine or three different bottles? I've seen people order two bottles of one type of wine and then two bottles of another.

20 hours ago, Ravogd said:

I think pound land is still open as well. They even have caramac's!

17 hours ago, Ravogd said:

Turns out it's a load of nonsense about non-essential items. Started out with an over exuberant tweet from Cambridgeshire Police and a couple of officers over wrapping their powers. It's like they can't help themselves! 

BBC News - Coronavirus: Public reassured over lockdown policing rules
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52245937

Good to hear it's not an official thing banning buying certain things, cause it would be ridiculous if true. Yeah okay Pringles aren't as "essential" as things like milk and bread, but this is a tremendously difficult time for a lot of people and so we need to be looking after our well-being too. If a can of Pringles or a houseplant or a room spray etc gives someone a little bit of joy and helps them to keep going through isolation, I don't see why that should be a problem to add such things to a shopping basket along with the usual eggs, bread, pasta etc. It's an "essential" item in a different way imho.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Broo said:

Good to hear it's not an official thing banning buying certain things, cause it would be ridiculous if true. Yeah okay Pringles aren't as "essential" as things like milk and bread, but this is a tremendously difficult time for a lot of people and so we need to be looking after our well-being too. If a can of Pringles or a houseplant or a room spray etc gives someone a little bit of joy and helps them to keep going through isolation, I don't see why that should be a problem to add such things to a shopping basket along with the usual eggs, bread, pasta etc. It's an "essential" item in a different way imho.

Agreed, if you are in a shop and the shop has those items, what does it matter?  OK, if you went out and queued to get into the supermarket just because you fancied a kitkat and that's all you bought you could argue that it wasn't an essential shop, but if you are there doing a food shop you should be able to buy what you like that the shop sells.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Agreed, if you are in a shop and the shop has those items, what does it matter?  OK, if you went out and queued to get into the supermarket just because you fancied a kitkat and that's all you bought you could argue that it wasn't an essential shop, but if you are there doing a food shop you should be able to buy what you like that the shop sells.

Exactly this!

By the powers of observation (aka I have too much time on my hands) there are several things I have noticed about you all.

1. You are currently online

2. You are using an electronic device

3. You are reading my post

4. You are human

5. You are thinking "Any moment now she'll find an excuse to post a Capaldi gif"

7. You can't say the letter 'p' without separating your lips

8. You just attempted to do it

9. You are laughing at yourself

10. You skipped number 6

11. You just checked to see if there is a number 6

12. You are all nice people.

I really do need to get out more. I know...... I can go and mow the lawn. :D

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

By the powers of observation (aka I have too much time on my hands) there are several things I have noticed about you all.

4. You are human

5. You are thinking "Any moment now she'll find an excuse to post a Capaldi gif"

10. You skipped number 6

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51ae7fbb7859a69f741fe

And yes I’m totally number 5! :lol:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

4. You are human

10. You skipped number 6

Well 4 clearly isn't true for a lot of us.