General Chat

Broo

50 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

A signed item has arrived in the post today, but I can't do anything with it because I'm not allowed to open it, due to being quarantined to my room thanks to illness. :rolleyes:

Gives me an excuse to watch more Doctor Who though. :lol:

Be worth the wait. Hope you feel better soon. :smile:

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

A signed item has arrived in the post today, but I can't do anything with it because I'm not allowed to open it, due to being quarantined to my room thanks to illness. :rolleyes:

Which item did you get, was it the annual?

Get well soon!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I hope you feel better soon Dalek, and that you don't have corona.  Even if you were able to open it today I'd advise waiting to be honest - any post that comes into my house goes in a spare bin outside for 3 days.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I hope you feel better soon Dalek, and that you don't have corona.  Even if you were able to open it today I'd advise waiting to be honest - any post that comes into my house goes in a spare bin outside for 3 days.

Thanks. I haven't heard of anyone doing that before actually, that's not a bad idea.

I don't think it's corona myself, but there are some shared symptoms, a cough and a temperature for example. The main concern for me is work. My work place hasn't been shut during this lockdown, the only places I've been in the last couple weeks have been work and home, meaning if this is corona it's highly likely I got it from work, which isn't great for the people still working there.

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

11 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Thanks. I haven't heard of anyone doing that before actually, that's not a bad idea.

I don't think it's corona myself, but there are some shared symptoms, a cough and a temperature for example. The main concern for me is work. My work place hasn't been shut during this lockdown, the only places I've been in the last couple weeks have been work and home, meaning if this is corona it's highly likely I got it from work, which isn't great for the people still working there.

It may seem extreme but I think it's only sensible given that the virus can linger, of course it gets complicated if you have a lot of deliveries arriving, as it should be 3 days from when the last item goes in so you might need a couple of bins!  My kitchen table is also a quarantine zone so any food that comes in that I can't wash and doesn't need refrigerating also gets a 3 day time out.

With symptoms like that I think it's safer to assume it's corona unfortunately so it's just as well you are playing it safe.  It does suck about work and probably means others will come down with it but hopefully not badly.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

It may seem extreme but I think it's only sensible given that the virus can linger, of course it gets complicated if you have a lot of deliveries arriving, as it should be 3 days from when the last item goes in so you might need a couple of bins!  My kitchen table is also a quarantine zone so any food that comes in that I can't wash and doesn't need refrigerating also gets a 3 day time out.

With symptoms like that I think it's safer to assume it's corona unfortunately so it's just as well you are playing it safe.  It does suck about work and probably means others will come down with it but hopefully not badly.

Couldn't agree more. Whatever comes into my house if it can't be washed gets quarantined. 

At least at work we have some super strength anti bacterial spray. Being a bit OCD with cleanliness I can now get away with spraying shared items every time someone uses them without appearing weird. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, GreenArrow2046 said:

Blue bears are given different government advice 

True, and our leader of Bearliament, Prime Minisbear Bearis Johnson, from the Consbearvitive Bearty (he took over from Bearesa May), is perfectly fine, so I think I'll stick with our advice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

30 minutes ago, natedammit said:

True, and our leader of Bearliament, Prime Minisbear Bearis Johnson, from the Consbearvitive Bearty (he took over from Bearesa May), is perfectly fine, so I think I'll stick with our advice.

Have they managed to deliver Bearexit yet?

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Have they managed to deliver Bearexit yet?

Bear-ly. There are a lot of polar-ising viewpoints and you wouldn't want to panda to pressure from either side without thinking it through care-fur-ly. That would be a political Boo Boo and sure to make many feel grizzly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

14 hours ago, Broo said:

Bear-ly. There are a lot of polar-ising viewpoints and you wouldn't want to panda to pressure from either side without thinking it through care-fur-ly. That would be a political Boo Boo and sure to make many feel grizzly.

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1