General Chat

Broo

3 hours ago, Kurdamoni said:

Quarantaine day 6; my hobbies are a god send to keep busy, a huge garden with flowers and multiple patios are handy too to keep clean :D

I'm hoping to get motivated to do some as well.  I don't really have many plants to tend as I didn't really get around to buying much to plant for spring/summer other than a new lavender which went in yesterday and now it's too late!  I will have bits of weeding and tidying to do though.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, mark worton said:

I've just had an e-mail from the hotel I'd booked they are closing till 1st of August 

Sorry to hear that for you, but doesn't say anything about the future of the convention.

July is still a long way to go and nobody can predict what will happen.

Seems a bit premature for a hotel to cancel bookings up till 1st of August.

6 hours ago, Disneymaniacus said:

Sorry to hear that for you, but doesn't say anything about the future of the convention.

July is still a long way to go and nobody can predict what will happen.

Seems a bit premature for a hotel to cancel bookings up till 1st of August.

Not really, it's just being careful just IN CASE the COVID-19 Virus hasn't gone away.

I can’t remember who it was now but thank you to everyone on here who agreed to email Rubbertoe replicas and add their name to the waiting list for the 12th sonic, I have had an email saying they are making some more and I was able to order one last night! :D

• Like 6

Last night I found out my local carnival, due to be held in August this year, has been cancelled. Got me concerned about this year’s LFCC.

To be fair, the carnival’s main source of income is donations from local businesses and the public rather than entry tickets so as SM said in another thread, LFCC is still going unless advised by the government.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sebster118 said:

Last night I found out my local carnival, due to be held in August this year, has been cancelled. Got me concerned about this year’s LFCC.

To be fair, the carnival’s main source of income is donations from local businesses and the public rather than entry tickets so as SM said in another thread, LFCC is still going unless advised by the government.

It's only natural for anyone to be concerned what's going on just now. I just feel that no one can speculate what is going on in 2/3 months time, when there is so much uncertainty about the next few days. 

All you can do is plan as if an event is going ahead. Book your accommodation, book your travel. Plan on it going ahead. 

I would use the same caution I use for any event that is more than a few weeks in advance, regardless of the current situation . Just incase MY circumstances change and I can no longer go. As tempting as it is to book using "advanced saver rates" to save a few £'s. I don't. I've had my accommodation booked for Collectormania in Birmingham since sometime last year. But I can cancel it anytime up to and including 24hrs before.

Obviously my entry tickets/photos ops etc are a different story. If I cancel then i'm out of pocket.

• Like 3

So as life enters this strange new phase I now find myself going into work leaving a very long household 'to do' list for my partner and my Mum (who lives with us). Making sure I get my daily exercise (more than I usually do). Getting embarrassingly used to all the socially distanced love being shown to the NHS. But spare a thought for all the others having to work. Especially staff in the supermarkets. I found a cheery thank you to the self service checkout staff and security goes a long way. Keep safe. :D

• Like 5

This is odd. Went to work on Monday, only to be told at the end of my shift that my workplace would be closed for at least three weeks. I didn't go into work yesterday due to that. Got a phone call from them today saying they're open again from today and I'm back in work tonight, with changed hours from tomorrow as well. That three week closure didn't work out then did it? :lol: We're supposed to be having a meeting tonight to discuss what's happening, so that should be interesting.

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Confused 2

37 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

This is odd. Went to work on Monday, only to be told at the end of my shift that my workplace would be closed for at least three weeks. I didn't go into work yesterday due to that. Got a phone call from them today saying they're open again from today and I'm back in work tonight, with changed hours from tomorrow as well. That three week closure didn't work out then did it? :lol: We're supposed to be having a meeting tonight to discuss what's happening, so that should be interesting.

The opposite happened with us. Told there'd be no change at all, people complained, and now we're doing skeleton staff on alternative weeks.

Hope your meeting is productive tonight. lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Getting embarrassingly used to all the socially distanced love being shown to the NHS.

NHS? Whatever. What's really important are all the administrators at road sign manufacturers. They're the real heroes.

• Haha 1

With nothing else to do, I ate an awful lot today.

So much so, I've ended up in a food coma.

9c178047b8bf92b2307eba3afc1d41b6b9bc32dc

Though not before I attempted a forward roll.

Just because my floor is now tidy, and because I can.

Turns out, I actually can't.

tumblr_q7rr7aiO5d1rnkrqpo1_540.gifv

My body is not as nimble as it was when I was 6.

One week of isolation and I'm already losing the plot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, Faerie Tanith said:

Just because my floor is now tidy, and because I can.

It kinda seems like you've just shoved everything behind your bed. That's cheating.

7 hours ago, Faerie Tanith said:

Turns out, I actually can't.

I think if most of us here tried a forward roll, we would be dead now, so you did ok.

• Haha 1

At work doing what I am supposed to do..work. <_< But on a break now. Biggest debate here now is the economy and small business, then the virus. Though the experts here think it will slow down during summer and then come back again in the autumn, but much weaker. There are plans in May, probably, to mass test randomly to see how many of us who have had the virus. If we push 60% or above we have reached herd immunity. Otherwise getting ready for spring/summer. Fixing my bike up after the winter though winter really did not happened, kind of an extended autumn. I expect my next overseas trip will be DSTL in mid November. 

I'm expecting LFCC to be postponed by a couple of months. Even if it were to go ahead now at its original date, I'm guessing  guests might be anxious about it etc.

Shame, the lineup was turning out to be a classic, but just one of those things.

22 minutes ago, DrBungle said:

I'm expecting LFCC to be postponed by a couple of months. Even if it were to go ahead now at its original date, I'm guessing  guests might be anxious about it etc.

Shame, the lineup was turning out to be a classic, but just one of those things.

It's not being postponed.  See Blammo's post in the other thread :lol:

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1