General Chat

Broo

I have no idea if I’ve got any work to go back to when I come out of isolation, the government has said yesterday no dental practices are allowed to do procedures which create dust or water vapours which is basically all treatments, apart from some emergencies (we’re not an emergency practice anyway) I don’t know what else we will be able to do :unsure:

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

I have no idea if I’ve got any work to go back to when I come out of isolation, the government has said yesterday no dental practices are allowed to do procedures which create dust or water vapours which is basically all treatments, apart from some emergencies (we’re not an emergency practice anyway) I don’t know what else we will be able to do :unsure:

Difficult times. If you can't do your normal job is there anything they can redeploy you to? Maybe at a local hospital or clinic. Even if you had to do something different for a while. Hard choices. :wacko:

3 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Difficult times. If you can't do your normal job is there anything they can redeploy you to? Maybe at a local hospital or clinic. Even if you had to do something different for a while. Hard choices. :wacko:

I don’t think so because I’m a trainee, I think they are only redeploying dentists :wacko:

4 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Here's a side to Peter Capaldi I haven't seen before. Camp but fun. :lol:

Instantly as I watched this my brain went "Is that Bradley Walsh?!":lol: I also had to look it up as it seem hilarious.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Namine said:

So PM Boris Johnson has said people who are really vunerable are to self isolate for twelve weeks to try and not catch COVID19 

Unfortunately this is likely to just be the beginning. Hard to believe that it's only 3 weeks since some of us were at LCC Spring. Seems a hundred life times ago so much has changed and is changing. Hope everyone and their family remains well. Keep strong.

5 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Unfortunately this is likely to just be the beginning. Hard to believe that it's only 3 weeks since some of us were at LCC Spring. Seems a hundred life times ago so much has changed and is changing. Hope everyone and their family remains well. Keep strong.

I have to agree, it's a shame but it's necessary completely.

• Like 1

7 days into self isolation due to high temp/cough etc.and my manager messaged this morning to say... dont worry if you still have a cough etc 7 days enough isolation... even tho the guidelines they are sending out clearly says 14 as per nhs/gov guidance.   Absolutely raging they are trying to pressure people back to work but doing it underhand this way while trying to show on face of it they are comllying with guidelines. 

• Sad 4

8 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

7 days into self isolation due to high temp/cough etc.and my manager messaged this morning to say... dont worry if you still have a cough etc 7 days enough isolation... even tho the guidelines they are sending out clearly says 14 as per nhs/gov guidance.   Absolutely raging they are trying to pressure people back to work but doing it underhand this way while trying to show on face of it they are comllying with guidelines. 

If you live on your own it’s 7 days, if you live with other people it’s 14 days so he can’t make you come in :coolthumb:

How long to stay at home

If you have symptoms

If you have symptoms of coronavirus, you'll need to stay at home for 7 days.

After 7 days:

• if you do not have a high temperature, you do not need to stay at home
  • if you still have a high temperature, stay at home until your temperature returns to normal

You do not need to stay at home if you just have a cough after 7 days. A cough can last for several weeks after the infection has gone.

• Like 3