General Chat

Broo

59 minutes ago, natedammit said:

What's really important in these oh so troubling times, is that we look after each other. So please, if you have any elderly neighbours, please spare a thought for them and perhaps check in on them.

On a completely unrelated note, does anybody live near @Peter Capaldi Fan ?

For one horrible moment I thought you were calling me elderly (maybe you are). :WINCE:

Though since you ask. It's possible you live closest to me. 

45 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

For one horrible moment I thought you were calling me elderly (maybe you are). :WINCE:

Though since you ask. It's possible you live closest to me. 

He wouldn't dare.... and do you really want the bear to come over? :WINCE:

• Haha 2

My company decided the best way to follow the Government's advice of locking yourself away at home and avoid any unnecessary travel was to immediately put me on a plane to go thousands of miles away where I can't even do any work. But my hotel room is nice and I have lots of movies to watch so it could be worse.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

I'm on day 2 of working from home. On a normal basis I love staying home and going nowhere and not seeing anyone, but knowing it's not by choice is probably going to send me batty eventually...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, etmuse said:

I'm on day 2 of working from home. On a normal basis I love staying home and going nowhere and not seeing anyone, but knowing it's not by choice is probably going to send me batty eventually...

Exactly how i feel.  I love being home... but knowing no choice, not even being able to go out if you want sucks.

• Like 1

Usually I can go days without speaking to people more than a few words. Now everyone is twiddling thier thumbs and wants to contact me. The inundation of social interaction is doing my head in. Plus working from home is a nightmare technology is an epic fail. 

59 minutes ago, LadyDeTemps said:

Plus working from home is a nightmare technology is an epic fail. 

It's no better if you are still in the office. :lol: 

We have so many working from home that the system doesn't cope. Neither do online meeting systems. Got tossed out of a half hour meeting four times this morning.

• Like 1

Just a heads up to those who live in London, on the weekend, everything will be shut - shops, restuarants, bars, cinemas etc and public transport will be limited due to a complete lockdown. It's the same here in Ferryhill, we are in complete lockdown and cannot go anywhere unless it's necessary like shopping.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

It's no better if you are still in the office. :lol: 

We have so many working from home that the system doesn't cope. Neither do online meeting systems. Got tossed out of a half hour meeting four times this morning.

I am currently working on my own in the office, my colleague is working from home.  I am taking an endless number of calls where people are asking the same questions and fighting my way round Tesco at a lunch time.  I'm really sick of repeating myself to people who think I am not aware of what is going on!:thumbdown:

At least you still have a Tesco you can go to. :crying: The Supermarket here at work closed down for "renovations" without any sort of notice. So no lunch for me cause the new security checks didn't give me enough time to go elsewhere and I didn't bring anything thinking I'd grab something with the rest of the Shopping.

• Sad 4

19 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

At least you still have a Tesco you can go to. :crying: The Supermarket here at work closed down for "renovations" without any sort of notice. So no lunch for me cause the new security checks didn't give me enough time to go elsewhere and I didn't bring anything thinking I'd grab something with the rest of the Shopping.

That's not good, are you OK for other food though?

16 hours ago, LadyDeTemps said:

Usually I can go days without speaking to people more than a few words. Now everyone is twiddling thier thumbs and wants to contact me. The inundation of social interaction is doing my head in. Plus working from home is a nightmare technology is an epic fail. 

Same experience for my husband working from home.... vpn is rubbish with added load they have.   Also teenage kid next door is off and seems to be playing xbox or something in room right nexr to hubbys office and is constantly yelling at the game/whoever hes playing with.  Not helping hubbys stress levels when systems acting up/not working.

52 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I got a email from Asda last night about extended opening times for the elderly and vulnerable being at 6am as well as Tesco now are limiting how many items one person can have now due to the coronavirus pandemic as they've now removed all traces of their "multibuy" offers and telling everybody that they can only have one item such as hand sanitiser or one big pack of toilet paper etc per shop and not per person, which will make it easier for people to get them imo.