General Chat

Broo

3 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

Apparently there is now a case in my town about 10 mins away from me  :sad:

14 minutes ago, Faerie Tanith said:

I work with somebody whose roommate works at the local hospital, where two cases have been confirmed... if I don't end up catching it from her I'll be extremely surprised.

tenor.gif?itemid=15696858

• Like 2

I work at an NHS practice as well and people are still coming in I’ll and I’m supposed to be going on holiday in just under 4 weeks but that could be cancelled :unsure:

Oh well let’s not dwell on horrid things here are some bunnies to cheer us all up! :wub:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a50323f067c693c6878

• Like 4

Greetings from Los Angeles.

Yesterday, I was at Disneyland.

Within about 24 hours:  Hockey game I was going to attend on Saturday cancelled; baseball game I was going to attend in a couple weeks cancelled; friend's birthday party cancelled; Vegas trip next month cancelled; my office authorized everyone to work at home for 30 days; Disneyland to close on Saturday; and every theatre in Los Angeles is going dark.  I thought it might come to this -- and I was pretty sure that, if it did, it would do so overnight, but I didn't quite expect it to be THIS night.

Already have my flight booked for July; and paid for my non-refundable hotel ages ago (because "why would I not go to London?")  I do hope this event goes ahead, and while I look forward to more photos with hovering arms, I gotta say that, right now, all of these event cancellations are making me want to enjoy LFCC even more.

(Live for today!  Spend more money!)

• Like 4

My brothers skiing holiday in Italy was cancelled. As they both said there is always another holiday to be booked and at least they didn't need to run the risk. It's disappointing if things get cancelled when you are looking forward to them but no decisions will be taken lightly. At the end of the day health is more important. Events/holidays can be rescheduled. For most of us if we get coronavirus it will mean nothing more than an inconvenience and feeling icky for a while. But for our parents/grandparents it could be so much worse. So take precautions. Stay well. And keep washing your hands. 

• Like 4

Just now, HeartDT said:

Hope everyone is feeling well and looking out for each other.   I woke up this morning feeling awful.... temp, sore throat and achy.  So bed for me all day and home isolation for next week or so i guess. 

Oh no take care and get well soon! :unsure::wub:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Faerie Tanith said:

89747882_10158136670430667_8792263990144

Just saying...

I work with public and its my work thats enforcing the stay home rule.   Which am sure any vulnerable adult or parent of young child would appreciate.   Yeah i dont feel great but could be so much worse for them.

12 hours ago, HeartDT said:

Hope everyone is feeling well and looking out for each other.   I woke up this morning feeling awful.... temp, sore throat and achy.  So bed for me all day and home isolation for next week or so i guess. 

I hope you recover quickly Heart.

8 hours ago, Faerie Tanith said:

89747882_10158136670430667_8792263990144

Just saying...

Hopefully with more people staying at home it means less potentially infected people still out and about and more room for everyone to keep a bit of distance between each other but I think that's wishful thinking

• Thanks 2

On 3/14/2020 at 8:58 AM, Raylenth said:

But they are starting to get a bit raw now. 

Image result for moisturise me gif

My hands are looking terrible despite using hand cream afterwards. I don't know if it's the increased washing (I wash my hands quite obsessively as it is) or the soap at work not agreeing with my sensitive skin.  

16 minutes ago, LadyDeTemps said:

My hands are looking terrible despite using hand cream afterwards. I don't know if it's the increased washing (I wash my hands quite obsessively as it is) or the soap at work not agreeing with my sensitive skin.  

Possibly a bit of both and one's setting off the other and vice versa.  A steroid cream or any cream (like sudocrem) with healing properties might help