General Chat

Broo

16 hours ago, Raylenth said:

So I totally didn't see this yesterday and I'm not giving it it's own thread as dates are unspecified:

We are working on lots more guests and plan to have more to announce in the next week or so so stay turned 1f609.png;-) this is our flagship event and we have lots in store for you all this summer 1f642.png

13 hours ago, Kurdamoni said:

Saw that! Sounds promising! :clap:

Saw that too, completely forgot I'd seen it, happy about it all over again :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

had to take my self of the facebook page today as a person has put a statement up saying the event is cancelled because of the coronvirus and people are gonna lose there money. I have had enough of everyone scarying each other and need to be amoung people who can understand the event is over four months away anything can happen :unsure::huh:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DCGIRL1987 said:

had to take my self of the facebook page today as a person has put a statement up saying the event is cancelled because of the coronvirus and people are gonna lose there money. I have had enough of everyone scarying each other and need to be amoung people who can understand the event is over four months away anything can happen :unsure::huh:

Winkers.

• Like 1

personally I have been to london every weekend to large events over the last six weeks including london spring con and another massive convention and not once have I felt at fear or frightened in to thinking I will catch something you just gotta take each day as it comes

22 minutes ago, DCGIRL1987 said:

personally I have been to london every weekend to large events over the last six weeks including london spring con and another massive convention and not once have I felt at fear or frightened in to thinking I will catch something you just gotta take each day as it comes

I’ve always been worried that I would catch something when going into London, so this pandemic is nothing new.

3 hours ago, DCGIRL1987 said:

Sadly for most people the way of the world is that they can't differentiate between fact and opinion. Which then ends up with lots of people believing everything is factual, as it was written down on Facebook, which can't possibly be false info.

• Like 1

Not gonna lie, I'm holding off from buying tickets just yet, just in case something does happen. I'd be bitterly disappointed if it ended up cancelled or postponed. A friend of mine from Texas was coming over to London at the end of this month for a convention which has just been cancelled, and she's now out of pocket for her plane tickets. I know it's all pretty extreme last resort stuff but at this point I sadly wouldn't be surprised if something similar happened to LFCC. :(

• Sad 1

Obviously anything can happen but fingers crossed given the months still to go everything will be better in time for LFCC and the warmer weather should help combat the virus I believe.  It's no real assurance but out of all the events, time wise LFCC might be quite well placed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Oh and I'm officially working from home now for at least the next 2 weeks.

Working or coming on the forum more often?

kbwink.gif

I'm only jealous because I don't have the working from home option. But there will be far less traffic. :dance:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Working or coming on the forum more often?

kbwink.gif

I'm only jealous because I don't have the working from home option. But there will be far less traffic. :dance:

I don't think it's actually possible for me to be able to come on here more , unless I give up sleeping!  As long as we get our work done and don't be super obvious about it they have never really cared about anyone's internet usage luckily.  I will hopefully be able to get some more stuff watched though.  My immediate colleagues can't really do anything from home so are basically getting 2 weeks holiday.

At least the traffic thing is a slight silver lining.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

Apparently there is now a case in my town about 10 mins away from me  :sad:

I work with somebody whose roommate works at the local hospital, where two cases have been confirmed... if I don't end up catching it from her I'll be extremely surprised.