General Chat

Broo

55 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Well, today was absolutely brilliant. That was easily one of the best concerts I've ever been to. I'll put up some photos of my signed stuff from Sophie and Tommy later. 

Sabaton-Official-Website-3.jpg

NEEEEEEERDS!

They look like a Robot Wars team from Birmingham.

• Haha 1

On 2/9/2020 at 12:10 AM, The Friendly Dalek said:

Well, today was absolutely brilliant. That was easily one of the best concerts I've ever been to. I'll put up some photos of my signed stuff from Sophie and Tommy later. 

Those guys are from a city something like 45 minutes drive from where I live. During summer they play surprise gigs here and there. Usually a few festivals with signing events. They have done the odd numbers of comic-cons.

Falun .. a really nice city. Worth a visit.

Falun%20centrum%20-%20Utsikt%20-%20ULF%2

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Those guys are from a city something like 45 minutes drive from where I live. During summer they play surprise gigs here and there. Usually a few festivals with signing events. They have done the odd numbers of comic-cons.

Falun .. a really nice city. Worth a visit.

Falun%20centrum%20-%20Utsikt%20-%20ULF%2

That's awesome, but sadly Sweden is a bit too far for me. :lol:

Also, comic cons? That's surprising. Wouldn't have seen them as the type who'd do that, but then again I never thought Alice Cooper would either. 

16 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

That's awesome, but sadly Sweden is a bit too far for me. :lol:

Also, comic cons? That's surprising. Wouldn't have seen them as the type who'd do that, but then again I never thought Alice Cooper would either. 

Yes, it surprised me too when they showed up. And each year we have a huge festival here called Sweden Rock Festival, and when they are there they stay and sign merch and talk to fans etc. A music festival I think would be something for you, as you like Sabaton.

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Yes, it surprised me too when they showed up. And each year we have a huge festival here called Sweden Rock Festival, and when they are there they stay and sign merch and talk to fans etc. A music festival I think would be something for you, as you like Sabaton.

I've often considered trying a music festival, as I have some friends who are really into them, but to be honest most of the acts we get here in the UK aren't ones I'd want to go to a festival to see. If Sabaton were there, then I'd be tempted. Just got to work out a trip to Sweden. :lol:

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I've often considered trying a music festival, as I have some friends who are really into them, but to be honest most of the acts we get here in the UK aren't ones I'd want to go to a festival to see. If Sabaton were there, then I'd be tempted. Just got to work out a trip to Sweden. :lol:

I think you would like it. It is the 26th time this year and many of my friends at work are going, either one or two days or all four. ALot of tents and caravans. :lol: GnR, Nightwish, Accept, Volbeat, Within Temptation and Social Distortion are a few of the headlines this year. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I think you would like it. It is the 26th time this year and many of my friends at work are going, either one or two days or all four. ALot of tents and caravans. :lol: GnR, Nightwish, Accept, Volbeat, Within Temptation and Social Distortion are a few of the headlines this year. 

My main concern with festivals is just that, camping. I enjoy my home comforts too much to stay in a tent for 4 days. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

Avril Lavigne?

4 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Norwegian word of the day: Fart

Heh

Image result for fartkontrol sign

Isn't there a character in the Norwegian version of Thomas the Tank Engine called The Fart Kontroller?

"Come along Thomas. You need to control those emissions" he said. 

Edited by Peter Capaldi Fan
Addition
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Swedish word of the day: well, I can't actually post it here, but I'll just say the English translation is 'end station' and leave it there.  You rude, rude Swedes.

You mean Sl..station.. :whistling: There are so many words (names) you can suggest. Try surnames like "Pitt" or first names like "Pippa" and translate them From Swedish to English. On your own risk. The main shopping street in Sydney is Pitt Street, I had alot of fun with that translating for aussies. 

By the way.. the word "Sl.." can be used in different ways, and adding station to it is "family friendly" .. if you see it like that. There are rougher combination if you mix swedish and english.

Edited by Chris1970

10 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

You mean Sl..station.. :whistling: There are so many words (names) you can suggest. Try surnames like "Pitt" or first names like "Pippa" and translate them From Swedish to English. On your own risk. The main shopping street in Sydney is Pitt Street, I had alot of fun with that translating for aussies. 

By the way.. the word "Sl.." can be used in different ways, and adding station to it is "family friendly" .. if you see it like that. There are rougher combination if you mix swedish and english.

Image result for giggling gif