New 2020 Dates London Destination Star Trek.

1 minute ago, fantasyfan said:

WOW! great news !!!!  :thumbup:

Will the  5 Captains come back again together for this Convention??? 

Since Avery Brookes has retired from doing conventions, I doubt it. also, there are technically 7 “captains” now.

2 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Actually quite angry at this. First Showmasters moves Collectormania back to London now this. London, London London. Yet again making it harder and more expensive for the rest of the UK to get to.

I'm not disagreeing about the London aspect but Collectormania isn't in London?  The next ones are in Birmingham and Milton Keynes?

53 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Actually quite angry at this. First Showmasters moves Collectormania back to London now this. London, London London. Yet again making it harder and more expensive for the rest of the UK to get to.

This year and last year I had to travel from London to Birmingham.  I wasn't really fussed as Birmingham is easy to reach by train (I'm home in time for dinner :)).

Isn't there a 2020 show in Germany or is that another organiser (feel free to delete this sentence mods if it is).

1 hour ago, Ravogd said:

You're not entirely wrong but both Birmingham and London are equally hard (and costly) for us to get to due to flights and hotels to pay for.

That aside I'm very tempted with this. Only traveled to London for LFCC before as never really had an excuse to travel (never bothered with holidays) so I'm getting to know and used to London bit by bit due to this so with Voyager being my favourite Trek when I was a kid the guests announced so far is really wanting to make me travel again. lol

24 minutes ago, Not_Pennys_Ship said:

This year and last year I had to travel from London to Birmingham.  I wasn't really fussed as Birmingham is easy to reach by train (I'm home in time for dinner :)).

Isn't there a 2020 show in Germany or is that another organiser (feel free to delete this sentence mods if it is).

There is another show in Dortmund, Germany. That one's in May.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

I'm not disagreeing about the London aspect but Collectormania isn't in London?  The next ones are in Birmingham and Milton Keynes?

My first SM event was Collectormania 4, the Hobbit one. A friend called me and screeched "Elijah Wood is doing a convention." Where? UK. Where in the UK? "Milton Keynes." I remember my first reply was something to the extent of "where the f*** is Milton Keynes?" :lol: 

Definitely not London, and back then kind of scary for someone who had only travelled to London before.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

My first SM event was Collectormania 4, the Hobbit one. A friend called me and screeched "Elijah Wood is doing a convention." Where? UK. Where in the UK? "Milton Keynes." I remember my first reply was something to the extent of "where the f*** is Milton Keynes?" :lol: 

Definitely not London, and back then kind of scary for someone who had only travelled to London before.

I think that's the response of most UK people as well!  And I can't say I blame you, at least Birmingham has the airport right next to it so it's got different travel options, MK whilst on a mainline train route isn't quite as easy for everyone to get to.  I'm occasionally tempted to travel to Europe for reasons, but the thought of doing it on my own is scary, I get stuck on even getting through the airports! :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Point taken but for people like me Milton Keynes is as well as being London and is there another Collectormania at Birmingham? I thought the last one was the last one if you see what I mean :lol: It’s an hour away from London. To the north of the UK that’s basically London. Like you said above MK has much worse travel links than the NEC which is (very) literally on the doorstep of train and plane. I know there will be business reasons behind it but it really int good for fans further north. Hotel costs alone for me for the same hotel chain are twice the rates they are when I go to LFCC than they are for DST.

3 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Point taken but for people like me Milton Keynes is as well as being London and is there another Collectormania at Birmingham? I thought the last one was the last one if you see what I mean :lol: It’s an hour away from London. To the north of the UK that’s basically London. Like you said above MK has much worse travel links than the NEC which is (very) literally on the doorstep of train and plane. I know there will be business reasons behind it but it really int good for fans further north. Hotel costs alone for me for the same hotel chain are twice the rates they are when I go to LFCC than they are for DST.

http://www.filmandcomicconbirmingham.com/index.php/collectormania

I know what you mean, us southerners really are spoiled for choice even if it does involve a couple of hours travel, that's still totally doable.  Coming down from the north is not something you can just do on a whim.

6 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Coming down from the north is not something you can just do on a whim.

I'll say this, telling people in Birmingham that you got an 11:45 pm bus from Newcastle right after work and that you're on the bus home at 3:10 so you can be back at work the next day gets you some great looks. Last year a man in a full Starfleet uniform whose baby was also dressed up told me I was hardcore (and to quote George Takei, "That's trekking too!"). Sadly London is a tad more complicated, time consuming, and potentially expensive, but we'll just have to see...

Why has the event moved to London excel and is it a permanent thing.??

we enjoyed the event being at the  NEC and have always found good reasonable accommodation and easy journey ,but London will be much more expensive with parking and hotels.etc

38 minutes ago, frablac said:

Why has the event moved to London excel and is it a permanent thing.??

we enjoyed the event being at the  NEC and have always found good reasonable accommodation and easy journey ,but London will be much more expensive with parking and hotels.etc

We probably won't get an official answer, sometimes events move because the location might not be available or for other valid reasons.  As to if it's permanent, only time will tell I'm afraid.

Looking at past locations, it seems to me there might be an intention to alternate between London and Birmingham. 

From the looks of it, a Voyager theme for the 25th anniversary. Voyager is one of my two favourites so very excited about this. I heard Kate's talk last year but wasn't able to get her autograph, so I'm grateful for another oppertunity. Roxann and Jeri as well, three Voyager stars right off the bat. I'll start saving up now...

Incidentially, for those who have gone to an event at the Edexcel before, any suggestions for an affordable place to stay, as this is a new location for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Lucas said:

Looking at past locations, it seems to me there might be an intention to alternate between London and Birmingham. 

any suggestions for an affordable place to stay

I wasn't sure but I thought that as well, I mean to look up the previous ones to see where they were but forgot!

Have you run the dates in any websites to see what the hotels are charging?  There are a few chain hotels right around Excel so it might be an idea to have a look and see what the cost with them is - there's a 2 Ibis's, Novotel and Travel Lodge and others https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5066148,0.0280502,16.17z

Edited by Raylenth