Latest Guest Announcement - CLARK GREGG

showmasters

42 minutes ago, Galaxy-Song said:

Is diamond pass worth it? Could buy everything seperate and save £35. I'm sure the dog tags are cool but will be worth that?  Is the the first couple rows of talk for diamond pass holders? 

Yes and no.  You are correct that you can save money and get everything separately if you can.  The key is 'if you can'.  Most DP guests are totally doable on VQ's, there have only been a few where we would say 'get the DP or you aren't getting an in person auto'.  However a lot of the time it's a case of you will only know on the day or if people have experienced them before and can advise that they are a fast signer and will get through loads of people.  This is Clarke's first UK event so I haven't heard how slow/quick he is, and he is a rare signer - however he has done events before and I don't recall hearing about any issues with him, so if you aim to get there early and try and get a low VQ, can stay until the end when a lot of guests, even DP ones, open up a bit as the queue's get quieter then you stand a good chance.

However it's in the land of 'who know's' a bit.  I've bought a DP for him as it gives me the certainty of getting it, and if he remains the only big name I want, I don't need to be there at the crack of dawn to queue for a low VQ.

The question is always how much do you want an in person auto?  If it's hand's down 'yes, OMG, I'll die if I don't get it in person' then you should consider the diamond.  If you are willing to take a small risk then you possibly don't need to but obviously there's no guarantee on VQ's.  One thing to do if you aren't sure is to keep an eye on the DP's and photo's in the shop and how quickly they go as that gives you an idea of how popular a guest will be, but I think it's fair to say Clarke is going to be a popular guest so will be busy.

Rows aren't saved for DP holders but they are let in first so they can get the seats they want, and depending on how many DP's are sold, they may take up the first few rows.

Edited by Raylenth

Holy cow its Phil Coulson

Guests i have met. Danny Glover, Michelle Ryan, Richard Hammond, John Wesley Shipp, Kenny Johnson, Kristanna Loken, Iain Glenn, Jes Macallen,Tala Ashe,Robert Englund,Emma Lahana,Gail Kim, Arthur Darvill, Brandon Routh, Iwan Rheon, John Ratzenberger, Natalia Tena, Laura Vandervoort, Finn Jones, Faye Marsay, Davina McCall

16 minutes ago, wayno1972 said:

Holy cow its Phil Coulson

Guests i have met. Danny Glover, Michelle Ryan, Richard Hammond, John Wesley Shipp, Kenny Johnson, Kristanna Loken, Iain Glenn, Jes Macallen,Tala Ashe,Robert Englund,Emma Lahana,Gail Kim, Arthur Darvill, Brandon Routh, Iwan Rheon, John Ratzenberger, Natalia Tena, Laura Vandervoort, Finn Jones, Faye Marsay, Davina McCall

Just to point out, if you go into the settings and change your signature, you don’t have to copy and paste the list of guests you’ve met every time you make a post. Hope this helps! 

• Like 2

• Moderators

I am literally going to be going on holiday on the Saturday of this event. This announcement has ensured that I am going to be sorting out an evening flight so I can come to the show for as much of the day as I can to get a photoshoot... (I have actually met him a few times at US promo signings, so have his autograph on 3 things, but I 100% need that photo...)

• Like 1

On 9/29/2019 at 3:28 PM, Raylenth said:

Yes and no.  You are correct that you can save money and get everything separately if you can.  The key is 'if you can'.  Most DP guests are totally doable on VQ's, there have only been a few where we would say 'get the DP or you aren't getting an in person auto'.  However a lot of the time it's a case of you will only know on the day or if people have experienced them before and can advise that they are a fast signer and will get through loads of people.  This is Clarke's first UK event so I haven't heard how slow/quick he is, and he is a rare signer - however he has done events before and I don't recall hearing about any issues with him, so if you aim to get there early and try and get a low VQ, can stay until the end when a lot of guests, even DP ones, open up a bit as the queue's get quieter then you stand a good chance.

However it's in the land of 'who know's' a bit.  I've bought a DP for him as it gives me the certainty of getting it, and if he remains the only big name I want, I don't need to be there at the crack of dawn to queue for a low VQ.

The question is always how much do you want an in person auto?  If it's hand's down 'yes, OMG, I'll die if I don't get it in person' then you should consider the diamond.  If you are willing to take a small risk then you possibly don't need to but obviously there's no guarantee on VQ's.  One thing to do if you aren't sure is to keep an eye on the DP's and photo's in the shop and how quickly they go as that gives you an idea of how popular a guest will be, but I think it's fair to say Clarke is going to be a popular guest so will be busy.

Rows aren't saved for DP holders but they are let in first so they can get the seats they want, and depending on how many DP's are sold, they may take up the first few rows.

Hey thanks for your help. I just went for Dimond pass. I will probably be travelling down and back again on the day so having the Dimond pass might make me feel a bit less rushed. 

Got batch 2 for Sunday 

• Like 2

Just now, LesserJowl said:

Risking just going for photo op instead of DP because I've already bought DPs for Robert Englund and Christopher Lambert, and if I buy one for Clark Gregg as well I'll have no one to run to for VQs in the morning :lol:

Correction *NOT* run to!

7 hours ago, jonedney124 said:

I noticed the Green Screen photo shoots are available generally for a certain slot each day but is the general one the same both days, as Clark's GS shoot on Sunday is Tahiti, not whatever the previous day's is?

Yes, green screens have set sessions.  I'm not sure if the non guest AOS green screen will be different each day I'm afraid, it may well be set up to reflect the different Clark shoot each day, though I'm not sure a Tahiti background without Clark would make much sense so it may be the Saturday set up which in the shop it says the Saturday one with Clark is with the AOS logo.