RIP Aron Eisenberg

Ravogd

According to multiple reports Aron Eisenberg, most famous for playing Nog in Star Trek Deep Space Nine and a guest at DST 2018 is critically ill in hospital. No other details have been reported but he underwent a kidney transplant in 2015. My thoughts go out to him and his family. Get well soon Aron.

Edited by StuartG2198
  • Sad 3

RIP Aron. Such sad news and so sudden. Just 24 hours ago he was furiously tweeting away as he usually did about injustices in the World and Donald Trump in particular. He told me that he was longing for the day he would get to see "the door hit his ass on the way out of the White House." Shame he'll not get to now. A very sad loss and so young.

I’m beyond saddened to hear of his untimely passing this morning.

I first met him three years ago at another UK convention where for a glorious hour both he and J G Hertzler had everyone in stitches goofing their way through a duo and respective individual photo shoots: pulling faces, mercilessly mocking each other and in some cases unexpectedly photobombing each other to hilarious effect.

EFDRO2RXoAAQ66G?format=jpg&name=large

At each subsequent event I met Aron, not only did he remember me but he’d take it upon himself to pinch my phone and show his fellow guests what he called “the greatest photobomb EVER!”. Following last year’s DST, we followed each other on Twitter and regularly kept in touch. On every single occasion he proved not only to be incredibly funny, but humble, kind and generous with his time - all true hallmarks of being part of the Star Trek family. I’m so glad he was able to contribute to the recent DS9 Doc where it’s plain to see just how much his time on the show meant to him.

EFDRO1nWwAEVu1S?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I hope you took a few slips of Latinum with you to buy your way into the Divine Treasury, Aron.

RIP, you will be sorely missed.

• Like 6