LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - TOSIN COLE

Booked a Saturday photo, but when I did it was asking to select a batch number for Charles Dance aswell, who I didn't select or want. Had to select one or it wouldn't let me purchase. Order summary states it's just for Tosin Cole. How odd. Anybody else experience this?

Edited by shodgson

20 minutes ago, shodgson said:

Booked a Saturday photo, but when I did it was asking to select a batch number for Charles Dance aswell, who I didn't select or want. Had to select one or it wouldn't let me purchase. Order summary states it's just for Tosin Cole. How odd. Anybody else experience this?

It is a bug that has happened on a few occasions. It happened to me first for LFCC 2018. It also happened to a few people at Glasgow. I don't think they'll be happy to hear the bug ahs returned. Don't worry about it. Your ticket will be fine

Edited by Ravogd

• Showmasters Admin
16 minutes ago, shodgson said:

My confirmation email now has come through with Charles Dance listed on it, despite me not selecting or wanting it. The amount charged is £31 for Tosin Cole however. Very strange.

This is currently being looked into and fixed so thanks for raising it - your tickets will be fine on the day but if you want them reissued just email the shop with your order number and this can be actioned.

I couldn’t believe how quiet he was. Never seen anything like it. A new series companion might just go open queue at the end of the day, but to be able to just walk up an hour after opening... unprecedented. Especially since he is a Star Wars pilot too. 

36 minutes ago, TerraHawk said:

I couldn’t believe how quiet he was. Never seen anything like it. A new series companion might just go open queue at the end of the day, but to be able to just walk up an hour after opening... unprecedented. Especially since he is a Star Wars pilot too. 

A lot of the guests ended up like that, even Ian McD was pretty much small queue by lunch. The event on Sunday was really quiet, far quieter than I expected.

47 minutes ago, Iceman71 said:

I think his demeanor was a bit off putting to people.

What was that then?

2 hours ago, TerraHawk said:

Perhaps this says all you need to know about how well received the latest Doctor’s outings have been...

I was worried that I wouldn't get a low enough VQ ticket to get his autograph, as I knew I wouldn't be getting to the event until around 11am on the Saturday.

I was staggered that there was no queue whatsoever and I just walked straight up and got the autograph. A pleasant enough experience, but he wasn't the most chatty and engaging of the guests. Priced at £30 which was one of the more expensive, but not unreasonable for a New Series Who regular. 

I must have walked past his desk around a dozen times over the course of the next six hours and the situation was unchanged everytime I looked. Every other New Series Who regular that I have met at previous Showmaster events have been Diamond / lengthy VQ ticket queues.

On the positive side his Photo shoot queue was a least a decent length.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spacecadet is here said:

I would of thought maybe the Price was a bit too high, He was £10 for Star Wars and now £30 because of Doctor who? He was cool in the photo shoot. 

Cheaper than Jenna when she’d only a few episodes under her belt.  But yes, certainly a few seem to think his price was a bit high. 

1 hour ago, Diabolik said:

What was that then?

Perhaps this says all you need to know about how well received the latest Doctor’s outings have been...

almost expect he’d have been busier signing before his episodes had been broadcast. 

He’d have been busier if his action figure was out. But that’s not saying much. If he’d been less busy he’d have had to pay us.