Guest Announcement Friday 30 August 7pm

10 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Guessing time. :dance:

Emily Blunt, Brie Larson, Rosa Salazar, Taron Egerton

I'm almost certainly wrong as usual but it would be nice to be right at least once. :lol:

I don't think Brie counts as she has done US events since being in Marvel and I think the same applies to Taron as well.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Purely random guess

Jodie Whittaker 

I obviously could be very wrong, but I think if they got Jodie they would be hailing it from the roof tops and doing an announcement with a full week build up, flashing lights and gifs of people fainting.  On the flip side, maybe they have been able to rein in their excitement and pretend it's a bit lower key.

Of the names I've read in various Fbook groups I like:

Katee Sackhoff, Richard Madden and the chap who's playing The Mandalorian (though it looks like he's done an event very, very recently so wouldn't qualify).  All very good Showmasters type names names, and right for the level of build up/wording in my opinion :smile:

23 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I obviously could be very wrong, but I think if they got Jodie they would be hailing it from the roof tops and doing an announcement with a full week build up, flashing lights and gifs of people fainting.  On the flip side, maybe they have been able to rein in their excitement and pretend it's a bit lower key.

Of the names I've read in various Fbook groups I like:

Katee Sackhoff, Richard Madden and the chap who's playing The Mandalorian (though it looks like he's done an event very, very recently so wouldn't qualify).  All very good Showmasters type names names, and right for the level of build up/wording in my opinion :smile:

Amen to Richard Madden.

Yeah probably would be a bigger build up for Jodie. If there is one constant in this world it is that I have never managed to guess correctly. :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Amen to Richard Madden.

Yeah probably would be a bigger build up for Jodie. If there is one constant in this world it is that I have never managed to guess correctly. :lol:

I have once, back when David was doing Twitter and they were still giving clues out.  But other than that one, I don't think I've ever even been close.

3 hours ago, Raylenth said:

I have once, back when David was doing Twitter and they were still giving clues out.  But other than that one, I don't think I've ever even been close.

I did get one right when Jason himself was dropping clues once. Since then half of the people don't believe anymore the mods have no clues about announcements. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I did get one right when Jason himself was dropping clues once. Since then half of the people don't believe anymore the mods have no clues about announcements. 

It's quite funny really as I remember David dropping a couple of big clues for Cumbers but they could have equally have applied to Tennant as well - Doctor and Detective, though it wasn't 100% clear the detective comment was a clue, the unique phrasing really did support that the Doctor one was, after that with each post that slipped in a reference to his really early less known (to most people :whistling:) work it was like "pfffft David, these clues are sooooo obvious and easy".

Other guests, who I am not as obsessed familiar with I was always thinking 'Is that a clue'?  'Is that a clue?' 'Is that a clue?' 'I don't know what's going on!'.

Who was it you guessed?

18 hours ago, walker-within said:

Taking a shot in the dark but possibly Tosin Cole?

SM had him before for being in Star Wars but now he's main in Doctor Who

17 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Purely random guess

Jodie Whittaker 

I would be sqeeking with excitement if it was eoither one of these 2.  I would also like to see Tom Burke as it will be his first Con since he starred in the Robert Galbraith adaptations.