General Chat

Ravogd

15 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Abit of fun. Saw this today. SFX early 1900’s. ^_^
FlippantPoisedArmednylonshrimp-small.gif

I love these. The kind of illusion you take for granted with computers (for the tech savvy amongst us). My favourite......

….. Even managed to fool Arthur Conan Doyle and Houdini

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

I love these. The kind of illusion you take for granted with computers (for the tech savvy amongst us). My favourite......

….. Even managed to fool Arthur Conan Doyle and Houdini

People, in general, tend to think that back in the victorian and edwardian era were all strict, stone face and did not have fun. But they were not so different from us.

funny-victorian-era-photos-silly-vintage

• Like 1

17 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the Series 12 trailer? I think it looks like it is going to be a brilliant series I can’t wait!

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5b7e07d39a15704037

Same, hopefully it's a step up from last year. Series 11 wasn't bad, but it could have been so much better

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

@Peter Capaldi Fan I have seen these photos at an exhibition and they still amaze me, the earliest known colour photos. Cant believe they are more than 100 years.

The Lady In Red

Those photos really are amazing. Especially when you consider how old they are. Must have been an interesting exhibition. Old photos always give me a chilling connection to the past. It's a weird feeling. To me it's like seeing a ghost as you know the people in the photo are long dead. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the Series 12 trailer? I think it looks like it is going to be a brilliant series I can’t wait!

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5b7e07d39a15704037

Personally, I'm interested, but not overly excited. I mean, it's Doctor Who, so I'll always be interested, but Series 11 left me on such a dour note that it's killed a lot of my excitement for this series. That being said, the trailer did have some good moments, and I hope that the production team have taken on board the criticisms and made improvements based on that to allow series 12 to be the best it can be. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Those photos really are amazing. Especially when you consider how old they are. Must have been an interesting exhibition. Old photos always give me a chilling connection to the past. It's a weird feeling. To me it's like seeing a ghost as you know the people in the photo are long dead. 

And so much beauty. There can be so much beauty in things and life long gone. Not all grey and stone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kurdamoni said:

Eeeeeeeeeeewwwww

1 hour ago, Broo said:

Nathanial Dammitson!

What? As they say: Shh, it happens. Besides B, how many kids have you squeezed out now? I dread to think what would happen if you got tickled. Or had a particularly violent sneeze. 

clean+up.gif

• Haha 1