Jump to content
Ravogd

General Chat

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

I may have watched The Grinch again today :whistling:

Great. Next up for me is another of my favourites - The Polar Express. :dance:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

You know Christmas is coming when you have a triple bill of Raymond Briggs to look forward to. Father Christmas, The Snowman then The Snowman and The Snowdog. Follow that with Arthur Christmas. Perfect antidote to last night's festivities. :thumbup:

Arthur Christmas is my daughter's favourite Christmas film, I've lost count how many times we've had to watch it. Still a fab film :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Great. Next up for me is another of my favourites - The Polar Express. :dance:

Have to confess, Muppets Christmas Carol is my favourite, I've watched it every Christmas Eve since it came out on vhs :)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Broo said:

Have to confess, Muppets Christmas Carol is my favourite, I've watched it every Christmas Eve since it came out on vhs :)

Have to confess, The Grinch is mine. He just holds so many ideals I agree with. *sighs*

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Broo said:

Have to confess, Muppets Christmas Carol is my favourite, I've watched it every Christmas Eve since it came out on vhs :)

Who doesn't love MCC!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Who doesn't love MCC!

It's the greatest film ever made.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I vote we tape the Lemming to a chair at the next LCC/LFCC and force him to watch it for hours.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I vote we tape the Lemming to a chair at the next LCC/LFCC and force him to watch it for hours.

Let's have an election on Thursday.......

..........

Oh, wait! :huh:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

I vote we tape the Lemming to a chair at the next LCC/LFCC and force him to watch it for hours.

Christmas movies in the summer??? I wont be having it!!!!!

 

 

 

 

...Wait, did someone mention choccies and popcorn?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

I vote we tape the Lemming to a chair at the next LCC/LFCC and force him to watch it for hours.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a8ef9fce1932f2f043b

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wjbleming said:

Christmas movies in the summer??? I wont be having it!!!!!

You won't have a choice.

9 hours ago, wjbleming said:

...Wait, did someone mention choccies and popcorn?

No. You may have one glass of water and 3 Jelly Babies. Not the black ones, they're mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, natedammit said:

You won't have a choice.

No. You may have one glass of water and 3 Jelly Babies. Not the black ones, they're mine.

Dibs on the orange Jelly Babies :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

@Wrong Name So what did you think of the Ghostbusters trailer? :D

I most certainly did not spend the day watching it on repeat blubbering away like a little girl. No sir, not me!

I really liked it. It hit the right tone for me. We were told this one would be a bit more serious and dark than previous versions and I like that they're doing that. The trailer was well put together in that it gave you the feel of the movie, without giving too much of the story away (which makes a change for Sony!). There were plenty of nods back to the first movie which really did hit me in the feels and affected me more than I thought it would. Most of my Ghostbusters fan friends loved it too but I have heard a few people complaining (as they do with every movie). Some are asking why it's not the original GB team? We were told it wasn't. As much as we love them, watching a bunch of Grandads on their Zimmer frames busting ghosts won't carry a movie! Some say it's too much like Stranger Things? Well, Finn Wolfhard is in it, so I see that connection, but to be fair, Ghostbusters is one of the franchises that influenced ST, so of course they will seem similar!! 

I can't wait for it to come out so we can see what the film actually is, as trailers have been known to give the wrong impression of films from time to time, but everything I've seen about this one feels like it's a good direction to be heading and will hopefully give the franchise new legs to continue forward for a while yet. Unlike that other... thing.

 

What did other people think?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I most certainly did not spend the day watching it on repeat blubbering away like a little girl. No sir, not me!

I really liked it. It hit the right tone for me. We were told this one would be a bit more serious and dark than previous versions and I like that they're doing that. The trailer was well put together in that it gave you the feel of the movie, without giving too much of the story away (which makes a change for Sony!). There were plenty of nods back to the first movie which really did hit me in the feels and affected me more than I thought it would. Most of my Ghostbusters fan friends loved it too but I have heard a few people complaining (as they do with every movie). Some are asking why it's not the original GB team? We were told it wasn't. As much as we love them, watching a bunch of Grandads on their Zimmer frames busting ghosts won't carry a movie! Some say it's too much like Stranger Things? Well, Finn Wolfhard is in it, so I see that connection, but to be fair, Ghostbusters is one of the franchises that influenced ST, so of course they will seem similar!! 

I can't wait for it to come out so we can see what the film actually is, as trailers have been known to give the wrong impression of films from time to time, but everything I've seen about this one feels like it's a good direction to be heading and will hopefully give the franchise new legs to continue forward for a while yet. Unlike that other... thing.

 

What did other people think?

The trailer is certainly intriguing. I am cautiously optimistic that this film will be a return to form. Hopefully a good mix of old and new. And I look forward to a darker tone. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wrong Name said:

I most certainly did not spend the day watching it on repeat blubbering away like a little girl. No sir, not me!

I really liked it. It hit the right tone for me. We were told this one would be a bit more serious and dark than previous versions and I like that they're doing that. The trailer was well put together in that it gave you the feel of the movie, without giving too much of the story away (which makes a change for Sony!). There were plenty of nods back to the first movie which really did hit me in the feels and affected me more than I thought it would. Most of my Ghostbusters fan friends loved it too but I have heard a few people complaining (as they do with every movie). Some are asking why it's not the original GB team? We were told it wasn't. As much as we love them, watching a bunch of Grandads on their Zimmer frames busting ghosts won't carry a movie! Some say it's too much like Stranger Things? Well, Finn Wolfhard is in it, so I see that connection, but to be fair, Ghostbusters is one of the franchises that influenced ST, so of course they will seem similar!! 

I can't wait for it to come out so we can see what the film actually is, as trailers have been known to give the wrong impression of films from time to time, but everything I've seen about this one feels like it's a good direction to be heading and will hopefully give the franchise new legs to continue forward for a while yet. Unlike that other... thing.

 

What did other people think?

I enjoyed the trailer, always been a fan of the original. I can see why people are talking about the Stranger Things aspect, but Ghostbusters came first and is better so I don’t know why people are moaning :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wrong Name said:

I most certainly did not spend the day watching it on repeat blubbering away like a little girl. No sir, not me!

I really liked it. It hit the right tone for me. We were told this one would be a bit more serious and dark than previous versions and I like that they're doing that. The trailer was well put together in that it gave you the feel of the movie, without giving too much of the story away (which makes a change for Sony!). There were plenty of nods back to the first movie which really did hit me in the feels and affected me more than I thought it would. Most of my Ghostbusters fan friends loved it too but I have heard a few people complaining (as they do with every movie). Some are asking why it's not the original GB team? We were told it wasn't. As much as we love them, watching a bunch of Grandads on their Zimmer frames busting ghosts won't carry a movie! Some say it's too much like Stranger Things? Well, Finn Wolfhard is in it, so I see that connection, but to be fair, Ghostbusters is one of the franchises that influenced ST, so of course they will seem similar!! 

I can't wait for it to come out so we can see what the film actually is, as trailers have been known to give the wrong impression of films from time to time, but everything I've seen about this one feels like it's a good direction to be heading and will hopefully give the franchise new legs to continue forward for a while yet. Unlike that other... thing.

 

What did other people think?

Was talking about it earlier with one of the guys from Ghostbusters Ireland, been good friends with him for years, and he's said the same positive things. It's hitting the right beats, down to the music used, the references, the name of the mine in the trailer, and he's looking forward to it.

Only watched it the once earlier (I'm sorry!) and it seemed to have a slightly different feel, but I'll have to watch it once or twice more (and maybe more after that. lol) to get a better feel for it.

Edited by wjbleming
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where can I see which vendors will be at this event, I am looking for vendors who can issue certificates of Authenticity for autographs obtained and selling Merchandise connected to movies like highlander like swords that I saw being sold in Birmingham con last year when lambert was there 

 

thank you  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lionel Messi said:

Where can I see which vendors will be at this event, I am looking for vendors who can issue certificates of Authenticity for autographs obtained and selling Merchandise connected to movies like highlander like swords that I saw being sold in Birmingham con last year when lambert was there 

 

thank you  

There usually isn't a list of vendors attending, so I don't think you'll know until you're at the event itself. I believe Beckett authenticity usually attends the larger SM events, and if they don't then I'm sure there will be other people who can authenticate your autographs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lionel Messi said:

Where can I see which vendors will be at this event, I am looking for vendors who can issue certificates of Authenticity for autographs obtained and selling Merchandise connected to movies like highlander like swords that I saw being sold in Birmingham con last year when lambert was there 

 

thank you  

Unless Beckett have parted company with Showmasters which I doubt they have, they will be there.  If you want a look at the services/prices you can see them here, they usually offer a show discount though if you choose to wait till them to see them https://www.beckett-authentication.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

There usually isn't a list of vendors attending, so I don't think you'll know until you're at the event itself. I believe Beckett authenticity usually attends the larger SM events, and if they don't then I'm sure there will be other people who can authenticate your autographs. 

 

20 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Unless Beckett have parted company with Showmasters which I doubt they have, they will be there.  If you want a look at the services/prices you can see them here, they usually offer a show discount though if you choose to wait till them to see them https://www.beckett-authentication.com/


thank you both very much for the info 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×