General Chat

Ravogd

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

I asked at work now, showed three ppl here and no one of them has ever seen windows like that.

They probably all think you are weird now.  "Hey guys, do you know of any house with windows on the inside'*

At least it has stimulated some interesting cross country discussion.

*and yes, I am aware that all windows are on the inside as well.  

4 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Ok, one for my nordic peeps.  I started watching The Snowman, but it was poo poo so I tuned it off fairly quickly, but I have a question.

Do you all have weird interior windows between the rooms on the inside walls?  And if you do why?  WHY, you weird people, why do you need windows on the inside?  It's weird.*

And have you never heard of curtains - people in that film were all walking around at night, lights blazing, in full view of the neighbours, low exterior windows so everyone outside can completely see inside, and what they are doing, and nary a net or full curtain to be seen.

Weird people.

*I'm totally imagining there is a logical reason like maximisation of light or something.

8QIdAlo.jpgejoeBQj.jpg

Is this the type of window you mean. This was from my hotel in finland a few years back. A double window

• Like 1

Just now, Mfahey79 said:

8QIdAlo.jpgejoeBQj.jpg

Is this the type of window you mean. This was from my hotel in finland a few years back. A double window

No.  That's an external window, but thanks anyway.  Reading up on it nordic exterior windows are double layered because it's so cold so that style, whilst odd to us more southern people, is standard further north.  I really have no idea what to call it or if there's a specific term.  There's literally a small rectangular window built into the interior walls that looks between rooms.  It's probably totally normal, Chris did manage to find a few pics (which I'm pinching and posting), and it is most likely going to be to do with maximising light throughout the house.

10 hours ago, Raylenth said:

I shall be very disappointed if every Norwegian house isn't actually like this, and they found the only 2 homes in the whole country like this to film in.

I'm sorry, but you're going to be disappointed. I've never seen a house with an interior window like that. It's very creepy :wacko:

And yeah The Snowman is.. :thumbdown:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

I'm sorry, but you're going to be disappointed. I've never seen a house with an interior window like that. It's very creepy :wacko:

And yeah The Snowman is.. :thumbdown:

This must have been a bit of a weird conversation for you to come on a signing event forum and find :D  And thank you for the confirmation that Chris said and it's not common.  And yeah it's creepy, because the houses opposite can totally see into that kids bedroom.

I read the Wiki summaries of the film and the book.  The book sounds way better.  The summary of the film makes me glad I turned it off.

4 hours ago, Raylenth said:

This must have been a bit of a weird conversation for you to come on a signing event forum and find :D  And thank you for the confirmation that Chris said and it's not common.  And yeah it's creepy, because the houses opposite can totally see into that kids bedroom.

I read the Wiki summaries of the film and the book.  The book sounds way better.  The summary of the film makes me glad I turned it off.

Just a bonus.. this is the type of windows we have, we have three glass windows. Of isolation reasons and keeps heating costs down.

depositphotos_19162617-stock-photo-upvc-

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

We have triple glazed as well ;)

We are up for new one next year, cut costs of course. The new ones will be some plastic type..no idea. I bet they will deside to change it about the same time I will go on holiday..just like with the water damage in the bathroom and living room this year. My ordinary luck. <_<

Edited by Chris1970

10 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the Series 12 trailer? I think it looks like it is going to be a brilliant series I can’t wait!

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5b7e07d39a15704037

Definitely looks like they've upped their game for Series 12. Hopefully the writing will do Jodie's Doctor justice. I did find Series 11 disappointing in that respect. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Definitely looks like they've upped their game for Series 12. Hopefully the writing will do Jodie's Doctor justice. I did find Series 11 disappointing in that respect. 

Yeah the effects look brilliant again as well which I’m looking forward to seeing and the new monsters look good as well. Series 11 definitely isn’t my favourite series but I think I seem to like it more than most people I’ve talked to who say they hated it.

• Like 2

Another little Whovian entered the world yesterday. Despite being due on 7th November as her parents are such big Doctor Who fans I said she would wait until 23rd as it's Doctor Who day. Nothing would persuade her to come any earlier but at least she arrived healthy at 10 minutes to midnight. :D

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Another little Whovian entered the world yesterday. Despite being due on 7th November as her parents are such big Doctor Who fans I said she would wait until 23rd as it's Doctor Who day. Nothing would persuade her to come any earlier but at least she arrived healthy at 10 minutes to midnight. :D

Congrats!

Babies though

Image result for ewww gif

• Like 2