General Chat

Ravogd

6 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

There really is too much to quote from IT Crowd as all of it is gold, but yeah, I particularly love the Fire bit.  Can you remember the new number to call?

Wait till you get to the dinner party and theatre visit episodes

4 hours ago, Raylenth said:

There really is too much to quote from IT Crowd as all of it is gold, but yeah, I particularly love the Fire bit.  Can you remember the new number to call?

Wait till you get to the dinner party and theatre visit episodes

Party ..you mean File Peter? :lol:

10 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

I am being dragged to the cinema tomorrow to see the first screening of Frozen 2 in my area after school time, pray for me people :lol:

Havent seen the first one.. or, actually any animated Disney at cinema since Robin Hood.. :blink:

Ok, one for my nordic peeps.  I started watching The Snowman, but it was poo poo so I tuned it off fairly quickly, but I have a question.

Do you all have weird interior windows between the rooms on the inside walls?  And if you do why?  WHY, you weird people, why do you need windows on the inside?  It's weird.*

And have you never heard of curtains - people in that film were all walking around at night, lights blazing, in full view of the neighbours, low exterior windows so everyone outside can completely see inside, and what they are doing, and nary a net or full curtain to be seen.

Weird people.

*I'm totally imagining there is a logical reason like maximisation of light or something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Ok, one for my nordic peeps.  I started watching The Snowman, but it was poo poo so I tuned it off fairly quickly, but I have a question.

Do you all have weird interior windows between the rooms on the inside walls?  And if you do why?  WHY, you weird people, why do you need windows on the inside?  It's weird.*

And have you never heard of curtains - people in that film were all walking around at night, lights blazing, in full view of the neighbours, low exterior windows so everyone outside can completely see inside, and what they are doing, and nary a net or full curtain to be seen.

Weird people.

*I'm totally imagining there is a logical reason like maximisation of light or something.

Weird interior windows? No idea what you are talking about. :blink: I have blinds for all windows, useful when it gets dark (around 2 pm in December) because you do see right into ppl’s home, summer opposite. But alot of ppl dont care. But usually you only see into the kitchen or living room. Most ppl have those thick curtains in the bedroom. Our windows are made up of three glasses, for isolation reasons. Between two of them there is a vacuum.

Edited by Chris1970

2 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Weird interior windows? No idea what you are talking about. :blink: I have blinds for all windows, useful when it gets dark (around 2 pm in December) because you do see right into ppl’s home, summer opposite. But alot of ppl dont care. But usually you only see into the kitchen or living room. Most ppl have those thick curtains in the bedroom. Our windows are made up of three glasses, for isolation reasons. Between two of them there is a vacuum.

I only watched about 20 mins of it bit every house they went into was like that - and I can't screen cap it because Netflix.... though I have an idea........  hmmmm

5 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

DSC_0097[1]DSC_0099[1]

OK it doesn't show it brilliantly but that's her looking into her Mum's bedroom.  And there's no curtains on the outside window!  And she can totally see into her Mum's bedroom which might lead to some awkwardness......

........ like seeing her Mum wearing some totally uncool pyjamas!

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

DSC_0097[1]DSC_0099[1]

OK it doesn't show it brilliantly but that's her looking into her Mum's bedroom.  And there's no curtains on the outside window!  And she can totally see into her Mum's bedroom which might lead to some awkwardness......

Gotta be some designed house. It can be like that in a kindergarden to make it easier to keep an eye on the kids but I have never been into a house here in this country and seen this type of indoor window. The window out of the house is common. Most ppl have curtains on the sides but they stay where they are, then there is ppl like me who have blinds and curtains (for decoration) which we can use whenever it feels needed. I live two floors up so not many people are that tall to see into my rooms. But yes, if you would walk around here at winter you would see into alot of ppls houses, mostly kitchen or living room. Sometimes kids rooms, study or other smaller rooms. Bedrooms can happen but around me, like 99,99% of them, close either their blinds or thick curtains later or when they go to bed.

Edited by Chris1970

3 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Gotta be some designed house. It can be like that in a kindergarden to make it easier to keep an eye on the kids but I have never been into a house here in this country and seen this type of indoor window. The window out of the house is common. Most ppl have curtains on the sides but they stay where they are, then there is ppl like me who have blinds and curtains (for decoration) which we can use whenever it feels needed. I live two floors up so not many people are that tall to see into my rooms. But yes, if you would walk around here at winter you would see into alot of ppls houses, mostly kitchen or living room. Sometimes kids rooms, study or other smaller rooms. Bedrooms can happen but around me, like 99,99% of them, close either their blinds or thick curtains later or when they go to bed.

Nope.  They had the same at the beginning of the film as well in another house and it was a run down old one, this one was from the hall.

DSC_0098[1]

10 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Nope.  They had the same at the beginning of the film as well in another house and it was a run down old one, this one was from the hall.

DSC_0098[1]

Must be a norwegian thing then. :poki: Maybe @VikingGrrrl got an answer, book is from there. Jo Nesbø wrote it. I have never seen it before like that. :lol:

I asked at work now, showed three ppl here and no one of them has ever seen windows like that.

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 1