General Chat

Ravogd

10 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

If it says 3000 I wouldn’t think they would add more if it’s limited edition, the cast list looks great, shamefully I don’t listen to or buy the big finish audios, I’m not really an audiobook person!

10 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I'm not big on audiobooks either, but I do love Big Finish, so I'd definitely recommend trying one or two stories. You can download some of them for really cheap prices on their website. :D

Always worth a try. I don't do many but you do get a different insight into Doctor Who characters. I did follow The Dalek's recommendation and downloaded some cheap ones. Plus the 12th Doctor's era is now on Big Finish licence so maybe Peter will be persuaded to do it. :D

• Like 2

22 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I'm not big on audiobooks either, but I do love Big Finish, so I'd definitely recommend trying one or two stories. You can download some of them for really cheap prices on their website. :D

Yeah I might do at some point, I’ve listened to a few fan made episodes on YouTube, I would definitely recommend Exhausted Supplies, two very good voice impressions of the Ninth and Twelfth Doctors.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Does anyone mind explaining The Rise of Skywalker to me because I don’t know everything about it, is it the last Star Wars film which will ever be made or just last of the trilogy? :headscratch:

Too much money in it for Disney to stop making the movies, even though they should stop, as far as I know this film ends the skywalker story, leaving these characters behind. And there will probably be some new trilogy in a few years with new characters or something 

• Thanks 1

Rise of Skywalker is the end of the trilogy. There was a new trilogy planned done by the GOT writers, but if memory serves me correct they stepped down. I can't for the life of me recall if new writers have been announced. The first movie of that trilogy was supposed to debut 2022.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Rise of Skywalker is the end of the trilogy. There was a new trilogy planned done by the GOT writers, but if memory serves me correct they stepped down. I can't for the life of me recall if new writers have been announced. The first movie of that trilogy was supposed to debut 2022.

Nothing new has been announced. These new trilogies they have talked about will not be related to Episodes 1-9 though. As GreenArrow has said, Episode 9 is the last in the Skywalker Saga, as in there will not be an episode 10 (until they run out of ideas and change their minds). I believe the GoT guys were meant to be working on an Old Republic trilogy that would have been set long before Episode 1. But as you say, that has fallen apart now. With the success of The Mandalorian, I’m sure it won’t be too long until future Start Wars films are announced. I hope they take the hint that original stories are the way to go instead of unnecessary films like Solo that no one wanted.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

Does anyone mind explaining The Rise of Skywalker to me because I don’t know everything about it, is it the last Star Wars film which will ever be made or just last of the trilogy? :headscratch:

Rian Johnson was also signed on to do another trilogy of Star Wars films at one point (again entirely unrelated to the core Skywalker saga), but as far as we're aware that trilogy isn't happening either. Disney announced he would be doing it before TLJ was released, and we all know what the response to that one was like. Johnson's most recent comments about it pretty much confirmed that it is no longer happening, although without official confirmation by Disney who knows what's happening there. 

As far as I know, Rise Of Skywalker is the last cinematically released SW film that Disney have planned, but the spin-offs are continuing on television. An Obi-Wan series has been confirmed, and I remember that a Cassian Andor series has also been greenlit, both for Disney+.

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Thanks 1