General Chat

Ravogd

41 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Fantastic voice. Gone far too soon. 

61 is no age. She has been sick long. I saw them live three times '86, '95 and the last time in 2015. Marie was singing sitting on a chair. They had to help her to walk on and off the stage. The voice was not as strong as it used to be but what can you expect. :sad: But the glow was there. Her last tour..

Per Gessle said this to a newspaper here: (Translated the best I could): "Time goes by so fast. It feels like just recently when Marie and I sat in my little apartment in Halmstad and shared dreams. And what a fantastic dream we got to share! Thank you Marie, thank you for EVERYTHING. You were a truly unique musician, a singer on a level we will hardly ever experience again. You painted my black and white songs with the most beautiful colors. You were a wonderful friend for over forty years. I am proud, honored and happy to have shared so much of your time, your talent, your warmth, generosity and humor. All my love for you and your family. Things will never be the same.”

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Broo said:

Was so sad to hear about this, roxette's music featured heavily in my childhood, lots of fond memories attached to it. RIP to an incredible woman.

In my opinion, and many others, more important to the music industry here than ABBA. Plus both had, Per still do, a strong solo career. Per just finished off a 40th anniversary final tour with his band he started before Roxette.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

@R4wly97 She had an amazing career here beyond Roxette, singing in her native language. Mostly ballads. I found one of her later songs with english subtitles. Hope you like it. ^_^

https://youtu.be/TxHCSHSRl84

Just watched it, thanks for sharing, such a beautiful song and lyrics, makes you forget she’s not actually singing in English :wub:

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2019 at 2:13 PM, R4wly97 said:

Just watched it, thanks for sharing, such a beautiful song and lyrics, makes you forget she’s not actually singing in English :wub:

Her own songs are amazing. Seen her in concert as solo artist as well, but that was many years ago. 

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Early Christmas present to myself. Pre-ordered a limited edition Big Finish story featuring 8 Masters. :dance:

20191214_124250

Only got to wait until January 2021 for it to arrive. :lol:

Good job you’ve preordered it when you have, I’ve seen loads of people doing the same today, I’m sure it will sell out on the pre order soon!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Early Christmas present to myself. Pre-ordered a limited edition Big Finish story featuring 8 Masters. :dance:

20191214_124250

Only got to wait until January 2021 for it to arrive. :lol:

I'm thinking of pre-ordering this one myself. Is the money taken once the item is dispatched or once the order is placed? If it's taken immediately I'll have to wait until I get paid before I order one. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I'm thinking of pre-ordering this one myself. Is the money taken once the item is dispatched or once the order is placed? If it's taken immediately I'll have to wait until I get paid before I order one. 

Once it’s dispatched normally

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

You have to pay upfront for this one. :smile:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, R4wly97 said:

Good job you’ve preordered it when you have, I’ve seen loads of people doing the same today, I’m sure it will sell out on the pre order soon!

3000 didn't sound a lot. Don't know if they will add more but decided to go for it. The Master/Missy is my favourite!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

3000 didn't sound a lot. Don't know if they will add more but decided to go for it. The Master/Missy is my favourite!

If it says 3000 I wouldn’t think they would add more if it’s limited edition, the cast list looks great, shamefully I don’t listen to or buy the big finish audios, I’m not really an audiobook person!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

If it says 3000 I wouldn’t think they would add more if it’s limited edition, the cast list looks great, shamefully I don’t listen to or buy the big finish audios, I’m not really an audiobook person!

I'm not big on audiobooks either, but I do love Big Finish, so I'd definitely recommend trying one or two stories. You can download some of them for really cheap prices on their website. :D

• Like 2