General Chat

Ravogd

7 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

It's been a long time coming but the new adaptation of The War of the Worlds starts this Sunday. Really looking forward to it. :YAHOO:

I hadn't seen anything about it but it came up in convo the other day so I've set it to record.

I’ve seen it already, and although I wouldn’t say it sucks, it’s nothing amazing. There’s many changes to the original story and although I’ve seen people complain about the addition of a new lead character, she isn’t the problem. I don’t want to say anymore as I’ll let you watch it.

There is another version of War of the Worlds that has been made this year and is set in modern day. I haven’t seen that one yet as it’s only aired in French but I believe it starts in the US soon.

My advice is if you can get to London in the next month, go do the Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds Immersive Expensive. I did it last weekend and it was amazing!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wrong Name said:

There is another version of War of the Worlds that has been made this year and is set in modern day. I haven’t seen that one yet as it’s only aired in French but I believe it starts in the US soon.

Starting soon in Germany too - or Maybe even has started. Berlin had massive Promotion including fake "Meteor Damage".

• Like 3

It took 1000 years, or so, for anyone to make a good story about the vikings and I am afraid it might be the same with WoW, remember the late 80’s series..<_< I much prefer the story set in the correct era, like in the book. I will  give the BBC version a chance. Loved the JW musical though, probably the best musical I have seen. ^_^ 

About additions..remember The Hobbit. Tauriel was such a character, abit of mumble about her first but she turned out ok. The funniest I read about her was a US newspaper called her a pointy-eared Lara Croft. Well..

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Wrong Name said:

I’ve seen it already, and although I wouldn’t say it sucks, it’s nothing amazing. There’s many changes to the original story and although I’ve seen people complain about the addition of a new lead character, she isn’t the problem. I don’t want to say anymore as I’ll let you watch it.

My advice is if you can get to London in the next month, go do the Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds Immersive Expensive. I did it last weekend and it was amazing!  

Did you go by yourself to the experience?  I went to the Star Wars Secret Cinema by myself a few years ago and felt a bit silly so wondered if you would feel awkward going to this alone?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Orupaula said:

Did you go by yourself to the experience?  I went to the Star Wars Secret Cinema by myself a few years ago and felt a bit silly so wondered if you would feel awkward going to this alone?

Thanks

I didn’t I’m afraid as I was with 2 other members of my family. They do group you up with other people though. There were 10 in our group but I think they have a max of 12. I would say you’d be fine by yourself as you’re with other people. And you wear a virtual reality headset for parts of it and can’t see who you’re really with anyway! 

2 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I didn’t I’m afraid as I was with 2 other members of my family. They do group you up with other people though. There were 10 in our group but I think they have a max of 12. I would say you’d be fine by yourself as you’re with other people. And you wear a virtual reality headset for parts of it and can’t see who you’re really with anyway! 

Thanks

3 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Staying at a hotel, next door to the right: 24/7 McDonalds. Next door to the left: 24/7 Seven Eleven. Must..resist.. lasted about 5 minutes after I got to the room. Returned with a big bag from Maccas. :blush:

I had to google what seven eleven is I’m guessing it’s like the coop :lol:

Edited by R4wly97
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Staying at a hotel, next door to the right: 24/7 McDonalds. Next door to the left: 24/7 Seven Eleven. Must..resist.. lasted about 5 minutes after I got to the room. Returned with a big bag from Maccas. :blush:

You can't have a 24/7 Seven Eleven. It's paradoxical.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, natedammit said:

You can't have a 24/7 Seven Eleven. It's paradoxical.

We live in a paradoxical country. Actually there a few that are open longer than 7-23. I was surprised as well as it is usually only during the summer months it is open this long.