General Chat

Ravogd

16 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Oh yes I remember now :whistling:

See here’s the thing I may have watched five episodes of Doctor Who today so I kind of got distracted and forgot!

I just tried to watch an ep of something Hugh Dancy did when he was about 5 but the only version I can find is dubbed into french so I gave up watching it :crying:

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I just tried to watch an ep of something Hugh Dancy did when he was about 5 but the only version I can find is dubbed into french so I gave up watching it :crying:

I watch Doctor Who episodes dubbed sometimes so that wouldn’t bother me :lol:

6 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Are foreign dubs of Who any good? I must admit that I've never seeked them out before. :lol:

Apparently the South Korean ones had the same voice artist for Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi. Make of that what you will. Must have been a bit confusing. Presumably they have a new voice for Jodie. :laugh:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

I watch Doctor Who episodes dubbed sometimes so that wouldn’t bother me :lol:

What languages were they dubbed into?

3 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Apparently the South Korean ones had the same voice artist for Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi. Make of that what you will. Must have been a bit confusing. Presumably they have a new voice for Jodie. :laugh:

Eh, if it works why change it. 

9 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

What languages were they dubbed into?

Apart from the aforementioned South Korean they have done German, Spanish, I think some 4th Doctor ones were done in French as there are 4th Doctor French novels. They also did Portuguese but not for Portugal it was for Brazil where it is very popular. 

9 hours ago, Raylenth said:

I'm just trying to work out what Who you watch in another language and can understand, or you don't but know the lines so well you can fill it in?

When I was younger my grandparents got a French TV Station in. I loved MacGyver at that Point, but didn't speak a word of French. They were almost a full Season ahead of German TV.

So each and every Sunday when my parents went to have tea with my grandparents Little me received a pair of headphones that were older than me and was propped up in front of the TV to watch MacGyver.

I wasn't able to work all Details out of Course, but I did get the gist of the episodes.

22 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

You simply dont walk up to Sean Bean at 5am while he is eating. (Saw him again at the flight towards Frankfurt) :huh:

Years ago we had an early flight home after a California vacation.

One of the regional smaller Airports in the Los Angeles area at 6 AM in the morning. I yawned, stretched… and didn't see a guy was Standing behind me (I was sitting). I hit him in the face. Ooops.

Even more so "oops" because the guy turned out to be an Actor from my mom's favorite Soap opera. Cue me being me blurting out: "Sorry, (role Name)." Triple oops. In my defense, I don't follow the Show like she does. It was a Miracle I remembered the role.

At least he found it ridiculously funny. The Show is more popular in Europe than in the US, and he didn't quite expect to be recognized by not only one, but two People on his flight - when we started Talking another Woman decided to Approach him.

I normally wouldn't have said something either because he had his young son with him. But he was really nice About the whole Thing - I mean I slapped him basically, he could have made a Scene - and was happy to sign an Autograph for my mom. Didn't ask for a Picture though because of the child.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

When I was younger my grandparents got a French TV Station in. I loved MacGyver at that Point, but didn't speak a word of French. They were almost a full Season ahead of German TV.

So each and every Sunday when my parents went to have tea with my grandparents Little me received a pair of headphones that were older than me and was propped up in front of the TV to watch MacGyver.

I wasn't able to work all Details out of Course, but I did get the gist of the episodes.

As if I didn't love you enough already, you had to go ahead and like MacGyver :wub2: you are a woman of excellent taste Queen *nods*

1 hour ago, Broo said:

As if I didn't love you enough already, you had to go ahead and like MacGyver :wub2: you are a woman of excellent taste Queen *nods*

I can tell you a fun Henry Cavill story from the Destination Star Trek Con (!) this passed weekend. I met Alan Van Sprang, both of them were in The Tudors. And I had brought a photo from that show for Alan to sign. So we started to talk about the show, he is a talker and took time with everybody to talk. Super guy! I can really recommend you all to meet him. Anyway, he said he liked the way he (Alan) looked in the show, eye patch and all, almost like a pirate he said. :D And it was his firm belief he was the most sexiets guy on the show, better than Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Sam Neill and way better than "that so called Superman Henry Cavill", he must have had an inflatable body suit because he has no super body..I had to train for months..him..days.." :lol: :lol: "And my character was more interesting" :lol: :lol: He said that with a smirk. :D He said he loved being on that show and Henry was an awesome guy.

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 2

On 10/29/2019 at 10:45 AM, Chris1970 said:

I can tell you a fun Henry Cavill story from the Destination Star Trek Con (!) this passed weekend. I met Alan Van Sprang, both of them were in The Tudors. And I had brought a photo from that show for Alan to sign. So we started to talk about the show, he is a talker and took time with everybody to talk. Super guy! I can really recommend you all to meet him. Anyway, he said he liked the way he (Alan) looked in the show, eye patch and all, almost like a pirate he said. :D And it was his firm belief he was the most sexiets guy on the show, better than Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Sam Neill and way better than "that so called Superman Henry Cavill", he must have had an inflatable body suit because he has no super body..I had to train for months..him..days.." :lol: :lol: "And my character was more interesting" :lol: :lol: He said that with a smirk. :D He said he loved being on that show and Henry was an awesome guy.

That is awesome, thank you for sharing that! :) Great photos too! Who was your favourite guest of the weekend?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Broo said:

That is awesome, thank you for sharing that! :) Great photos too! Who was your favourite guest of the weekend?

Thank you!! Oh, hard to say. They all were great. But if I must push for some I must mention Scott MacDonald. I had a overlap with another photo and had to rush to his. He greeted me with ”I have been waiting for you” as I was the only one left. Haha! And it had recently been his birthday so he offered me a piece of cake after photo. Had cake there for everyone who came to his photo op. Otherwise I was swept off my feet by Sonita Henry, Denise Crosby and Alice Eve. Three amazing ladies. Best manhug by Connor Trinneer and Dominic Keating, for someone who is an ”Enterprise” fan that is a permanent memory.

• Like 4